Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 49048 times)

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Remembrance
« Reply #1020 on: September 21, 2022, 11:54:44 pm »

Yava

She started to subtly sway herself when she realized Evil Eye was going to cut her down instead of, you know, just grabbing the rope and gradually giving it some slack like a normal person. She'd have been more annoyed but she'd been prepared to deal with the situation for a good while now. She tucked and rolled as she hit the ground, springing up and dusting herself off.

"Now then, we can talk like civilized folk." She folded her hands behind her back in parade rest as she looked around the abandoned space. Specifically she was trying to see if there were any drag marks left from crates and the like being moved to and from such a place covered in dust and grime. "I do not think Cultist are aware of me yet, or at very least they do not suspect enough to send enforcer after like they did you. Which means either I had wrong warehouse- unlikely, but not impossible -or chatter I heard was outdated information and poor fool missed memo."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Sora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: September 22, 2022, 02:51:46 am »

Aurora found herself once again in a position where she'd have much preferred to be somewhere else. Sadly, unlike all the other times something similiar happened, this time she couldn't get away with just being a obedient soldier and doing as she was told to the absolute best of her abilities.

She already hated this program.
She didn't know anyone here, she wasn't very powerful nor very compatible with others. Sure her holy weapon might work if somebody else helped her to not die immidaetely on the battlefield, though this was something that probably always applied anyway.

And the worst part was, that she had literally no notes on anyone of these girls whatsoever! She could've gotten away by flattering them on the right topics, maybe even avoid becoming the Joke of the group if she held herself up by getting herself in high regard by the others.

This was a situation she didn't plan ahead for in the slightest.

"Colonel, pardon my doubts about this, but do you really believe this will be neccessary? I can adapt to almost anybody's style of fighting when it comes to it once i understand how to best work around it. I do not think it is required for us to get along socially too"

There was no respect in her voice like it had formerly been the case, when she was trying to be the best she could present herself as. Having to fight against some of the more powerful meisters out there would've felt like a cakewalk in comparison.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: September 30, 2022, 02:19:15 pm »

Aura

The colonel smirked. "Like I said, your personality sucks."

Alina raised her hand, "I'll start!" she offered, "We can do two truths and a lie."

Mocha groaned.

"Here goes:" Alina began, "I like chocolate pudding, my favorite color is green, and I almost blew myself up during basic training."

"Pudding." Mocha practically snarled.

Daisy was quiet for a bit, thinking. "I don't think you almost blew yourself up."

All eyes turned to Aurora.

Yava and Lunete

"There's a third possibility." Mirala offered, "Your intel was right, but they caught wind of us heading this way and cleared out. If that's the case, any other intel you have would be up to date. We might be able to catch them if we move immediately. Please tell me you have something else?"

Yava did not have something else. Only the identity of the collaborator that led her hear, a few key names here and there, and several dead ends she'd already worked through.

Astarte

"I can accept that barrgain." Malakai said, sounding a little impressed. "What say we shake on it and then ye can come aboard?" she extended her hand.

After the handshake, Malaki would lead her guests up to a meeting room to have a chat. when the doors shut, the only ones in the room were Astarte, Teya, Captain Malakai, and her quartermaster, Benni Cutthroat. Introductions have been glossed over in favor of moving things along.

"So, ya say you have some information for me regarding me shipping lanes?" she said, "Do this be about the impending attack by our rivals down the coast?"

Teya's eyes widened. "Yes, how did you..?"

Malakai smirked. "So ye've got nothing to sell me then, have ya?" She ignored the question on her information network. "I'm already feeling a generous mood on account of the Lady's steely testicles, so I'll hear ya out. Perhaps we can come to an... accorrrd." She leaned over the table, her presence looming threateningly.

"You don't have to lay it on so thick, Theresa, we're in private." Benni cut in.

Malakai rolled her eyes as she sat back in her seat. "That's the second time today you've spoiled my fun." she pouted.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: September 30, 2022, 02:28:19 pm »

Yava
"I do not, I am afraid." Yava said simply. "I have list of names, and few dead ends I have already investigated, but nothing more. Which means our only option is to start new, listen around for fresh lead."

It was a troublesome prospect, but what the hell else were they gonna do? Her power wasn't abstract enough to just RNG a collaborator walking by flapping their mouth for all the world to hear. If it was, she'd never have had to put in all the leg work just to get where she was now.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 02:31:47 pm by Sutoratosu Akira »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1024 on: September 30, 2022, 03:43:57 pm »

Lunete

"If you found information before, you can do it again, particularly with the assistance of myself and my Katrian collaborator." It seemed like Lunete was trying to be out the door already, having started to pace back and forth. "I know that sometimes, all it takes is a name whispered in the wrong ear to end a person. Do you have any others?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: October 01, 2022, 02:32:34 am »

This was starting to rub on Aurora's anxiety in all the wrong ways. She definitely had hoped for anything else, but she'd make her way through this just as she did with everything else.

"Something tells me that whole 'Blew myself up during training' isn't a lie...so i'll just go with the colour green"

Aura really wished they'd now stop staring at her like that.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: November 16, 2022, 09:54:46 pm »

Mirka

Of course things couldn't be that simple. Inwardly Mirka cursed her foolishness. She'd let down her guard, hit Estela by mistake. Hopefully she wouldn't be too mad at her later. In the meantime...

With the same speed that had rescued Sydney from Ginevra's clutches, Mirka dashed towards Estela and grabbed her up, leaving behind only a dust trail for the electricity to hit.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: November 16, 2022, 09:59:18 pm »

Estela

Adrenaline pumped through Estela's body as she was knocked from her feet. The pain throbbed in her chest but she hardly noticed. This might actually be a fight! Though she wasn't a fan of the friendly fire admittedly- though the fact Mirka at least helped her avoid the follow up helped make up for that.

"That's more like it! Got some reflexes on you, huh?" She said with a wide grin as she stood up again - assuming nothing interfered with the rescue and that Mirka would put her down once out of immediate harm's way, she'd get back into fighting posture to get ready for the next exchange.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: January 03, 2023, 10:29:01 am »

Mirka and Estela (12/10/2452)

Ginevra wasn't as fast as Mirka, but she wasn't slow either. The time it took to reorient Estela after a string of shocks was enough for Ginevra to close the gap Mirka had created between them. Knowing that Mirka could just dodge at high speed, Ginevra targeted Estela again. She ran forwards and drew her fist back, aiming for Estela's shoulder as her punched shot forwards in the middle of Estela's taunt.

Aura (4/13/2453)

"Pandemonium got it right, I didn't blow myself up or anything close." Alina informed the group.

Mocha rolled her eyes.

"That's a relief." Daisy said, "Should I go next?"

"Sure." Alina nodded.

Daisy looked like she was thinking long enough it started to seem like she might have zoned out. Eventually she offered her three possibilities, "I've killed three civilians in cold blood. I took one of my eyes out of my head when I was seven. There's a bomb next to my heart in case I ever go rogue."

Even Mocha wasn't sure how to respond to that. "The eye thing." she said after a moment of shock.

Alina nodded her agreement, "Definitely the eye."
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: January 03, 2023, 10:42:10 am »

"Please tell me the civilians are a lie..."
Aura sighed, was she really that bad at communication that now she had to socially with these nut cases? She fumbled a bit with her uniform and tried to check instinctively for her notebook. Of course, not there. Right. Didn't wanna overstep her welcome after being chosen for this program, after all right?

Oh how she wished she could go home already. Usually it took an hour or two before that thought crept in. She took a deep breath, put on a smile and tried to at least look interested.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: January 03, 2023, 10:49:20 am »

Yava
The thief pondered her remaining resources for a bit. "I do have several names left on list whose exact relevance is yet to be determined, despite their lofty status being clear. We may start with them."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1031 on: January 03, 2023, 10:51:52 am »

Lunete

"Then let us waste no more time. Regardless of what power they hold, they cannot ignore me."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: January 03, 2023, 10:58:58 am »

Aura

"You're all wrong." Daisy said quietly, "I lied about the bomb."

Alina and Mocha are both stunned silent.

Yava and Lunete (11/10/2452)

After Yava shared her list, Mirala pointed one out to Lunete. "Velvet Trista? Why does that sound familiar?"

Velvet Trista was an informant of Lunete's who had helped them out a few times in their investigation. According the Yava, however, she was a key member of the cult's information network. Yava had tried to get to her, but she only knew a name, not how to find her.
Defile Circles Discord

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: January 03, 2023, 11:15:39 am »

Astarte

If Astarte was surprised, it didn't show on her face, neither did she back down from the captain's threatening presence, "I'll admit, that cuts down on what we can offer you significantly. However, I have more that I can offer: Favors, wealth, another ally directly in Tyran's hierarchy: That and more. The whereabouts of Ambrosia are of extreme value to me, Captain" Astarte said simply, choosing to get straight to the point of the matter rather than dance around it.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1034 on: January 03, 2023, 11:24:00 am »

Lunete

"Velvet Trista is mine," Lunete stated with a cold voice. "If this accusation is true, I will be in posession of one less source of information in the future." She turned and began to walk out the door. "I will find her."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70