Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question for an obscure MUD: After the Plague.  (Read 1415 times)

Piotrhabera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question for an obscure MUD: After the Plague.
« on: June 22, 2020, 04:39:05 pm »

Good evening! As I've been playing an mostly abandoned MUD called After the Plague, and since I haven't seen a fellow soul logged on for a while, I come to ask: Where do I find guildhalls for the following guilds?:

Alchemist
Barbarian
Bard
Sohei
Bodyartist
Samurai
Enchanter
Necromancer
Priest of Themes
Silent Shadows

While precise directions from the  Elements' City (the place where you start the game) would be the best, I am also willing to accept pointers towards the place in question. If access to guildhall is blocked due to an quest, an walkthough must be supplied, if possible and if applicable within guidelines and rules.

If I receive no answers here, that is fine. I will ask the same question on r/mud, an subreddit dedicated to MUD's.

I wish you a good day.
It is uncertain whenether or not this is the correct forum. I'll be damned more if I don't muster the courage to ask though, so here goes nothing.

An secondary question: If I change religions in game, will I be able to return to the religion I changed from? (Example: If I swtich from Mielikki to Themes, will I be able to switch from Themes to Mielikki and vice versa?)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 04:45:09 pm by Piotrhabera »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Question for an obscure MUD: After the Plague.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 05:22:44 pm »

I have zero idea about the answer to any of those in-game questions (though the name rings an old, very faint bell, as does the mention of an elements city... might have been one I dipped into years and years ago, back when I was sorta' interested in muds), but just the clear it up you're definitely asking in the right subforum. Other Games is indeed the place for questions like the ones you have.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Piotrhabera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 10:33:50 am »

I have zero idea about the answer to any of those in-game questions (though the name rings an old, very faint bell, as does the mention of an elements city... might have been one I dipped into years and years ago, back when I was sorta' interested in muds), but just the clear it up you're definitely asking in the right subforum. Other Games is indeed the place for questions like the ones you have.

That at the very least cleared up confusion when it comes to forums. However, no other question has been answered to as of yet and I'm still awaiting for any sort of answer. I will wait for a day or two, after which I'll ask o r/mud - an subreddit focusing on MUD's.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 10:49:41 pm »

You should post a link to the MUD in question.  Then a bunch of people will jump in to figure it out.  ETA on full analysis: 2 weeks.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 02:55:30 am »

You should post a link to the MUD in question.  Then a bunch of people will jump in to figure it out.  ETA on full analysis: 2 weeks.

Yup, I've been looking for a MUD to raid.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 06:27:02 am »

Seems to be here for its website: http://atp.pedia.szote.u-szeged.hu/~atp/main.html

Address is supposedly 160.114.100.96 port 3000, though I haven't, like, checked.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Piotrhabera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2020, 02:00:15 pm »

Seems to be here for its website: http://atp.pedia.szote.u-szeged.hu/~atp/main.html

Address is supposedly 160.114.100.96 port 3000, though I haven't, like, checked.
Mudlet says I'm connected to 160.114.112.134:3000. Adress's atp.pedia.szote.u-szeged.hu, while port number is 3000.

bogrot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2020, 08:30:33 pm »

Oddly enough I used to play this MUD about 20 years ago not too long after it was created and recently had a nostalgia trip so have been re-exploring the world.  A pleasant surprise that my characters were still there!

Definitely a steep learning curve, esp. if you're not used to LP MUDs, but super immersive and very well built out world with lots of quests.  I only remember a few of where the Guilds you've asked about are:

Barbarian - south of the desert in the highlands - you'll see a path with a western gate and a guard you need to speak with.
Samurai - eastern island, in one of the castles

Feel free to PM me if you're still playing!  It's a mostly abandoned MUD like you say but there are a few ppl randomly on here and there.