Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Insula Numine; The Land of Gods (1100AC)  (Read 12816 times)

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Insula Numine; The Land of Gods (1000AC)
« Reply #180 on: December 10, 2020, 09:57:44 am »

B*st doesn't really need to grant importance to the last proposition of Gambal. As she suggested to dance the Hokey Pokey, he was just getting enthusiastic at the idea because it could be another good way to sap the chaotic energy of Eclampsia. For that reason, I have thought that B*st could craft an armor for the Palanquin and bestow protective magic on it in a single action, so she would have the time to practice a dance. However, it's fine that she keeps her actions as they are.

Aside from that, Gambal will soon be ready to explain his actions in more details, but he prefers to wait for the turn of Numeros before. He will among other things better describe the Palanquin, even if it's basically only a sturdy metal box with robotic spider legs. He has also changed his mind and finally thinks that the Palanquin doesn't need to be able to fly. He has a new idea instead.

Here a reminder for Numeros:

"The construction of the Palanquin is progressing really well, wich is great! But I still worry about the sly shenanigans that are surely taking form at this time in the unhinged mind of Anchovy. As we are most occupied with our meticulous preparations, she could very well land on some floating cities and spread her pestilence there!"

"And where is she, by the way? If I would have to guess, I would say she have retreated in a most dark and hidden place... She also seem to have a real fondness for FB... So a deep cavern would be a much suitable lair for her and for the two new fiends that are now hooking up with her."

"This is bad though, very bad, because she could easily trace down the primal origin of all FB, the Ambulatory Hairball of Doom! If she puts her hands on it, she could unleash a wave of FB more massive than the last one and the Great Hunt would soon have to be started over again! Who knows if she could even mutate the Hairball into a far more terrifying monstrosity?"

"Nevertheless, since Velkos, B*st and I are concentrating on the building of the Palanquin, I believe it should be up to you,
Numeros, to take care of this issue. I just don't really know what we should do with the Hairball if you reach it before our ennemy. Maybe you could hide it somewhere else in a magic box? Or maybe we should preventively destroy it, although it's a measure that appear a little too cruel to me..."

"Once this problem is solved however, the secret scheming of the pesky Anchovy will continue to be an important matter of concern: she could attack anytime and anywhere! I think for this reason that it would be very convenient to devise some sort of chaos detectors and to install a whole surveillance network of these apparatuses all over Insula Numine, that would alarm us at every move of our ennemies. So it's a second suggestion for your actions,
Numeros, but you could also find other ways to watch over their potential low blows or maybe even to spy on them."

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 14, 2020, 07:43:17 am »

It appears that chaotick21 hasn’t posted in this thread since Nov 18th and hasn’t posted at all since Dec 1st.

Oh, Numeros!  Where art thou, Numeros!

I’m getting worried...
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 15, 2020, 10:09:32 am »

It appears that chaotick21 hasn’t posted in this thread since Nov 18th and hasn’t posted at all since Dec 1st.

Oh, Numeros!  Where art thou, Numeros!

I’m getting worried...

I am waiting for them too. If they do not act, rest or declare that they quit altogether, I'll write the new turn without Numeros, and declare him missing.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 15, 2020, 07:38:09 pm »

12th Turn

Deities slowly start to lose inspiration, and the world stagnates. But as the deities start to go inert, mortals take upon themselves to change the world.

And while all this is happening, trouble goes on...

Actions of Gods
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Pantheons

Independant Events

Inactive Deities

OOC: I am getting rid of "The World" tab, it wasn't necessary to convey the current situation. Should I bring it back? I am replacing it with "Inactive Deities", since I assume that there will be more of these cases.

The Other Deities will be counted like these from now on.

Also, Nature, you know that you are omnipotent in this game, right? You can do whatever you want. But if you want to play like this then I won't bother you.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 03:33:02 am by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 15, 2020, 11:30:56 pm »

B*st turns to Gambal.  “It doesn’t really look like a pelican to me...  more like a spider, I’d say...

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 16, 2020, 03:33:37 am »

Hey, I wrote the Independant Events.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 16, 2020, 10:14:59 am »

Velkos once more stood atop the Ur-Tree, his mind deep in thought:
"After all that i've seen thus far, i think i'm starting to get a grasp on what's wrong with this world. The only sensible explanation for the things i've seen at the grove's old site,  is that that they along with the "Outer Gods" are detritus, brought forth from either another world or from within the mind of Kipp. I suspect my inability to comprehend that madness is not due to naivety but rather my.... Father's rejection of nonsense, that was passed down onto me.

Long i thought that gods are simply born from another, but i now understand that even if its less... physical than the breeding of mortals, gods still do in fact have a father, in a way. An "imprint", from whom the personality of a god is derived.
This "Strik3r" appears to be mine, but with so little to go on, i cannot know who or what this "Strik3r" is, but the words "silent oracle" or "sluggish worldsmith" come to mind..."

Gods, in reality, don't breed and thus have no need for a sex, yet most of us are still referred to as either male or female anyway. But unlike mortals, any one of us could "birth" a god, and the "imprint" being merely a "seed" for a god's personality and domain choices, one doesn't even have to be aware that they are the personality template for a god. As such, there is nothing that would stop, for example B*st, or even a random mortal, from being the "father" of a god. Likewise, nothing would stop me from taking on whatever appearance i want, because gods aren't bound by biology, unlike mortals.

What's wrong with this world, is that the seed from which the tree was grown was diseased from the start. This world can't be fixed, because there is nothing to fix; this is how this world is, with detritus of the universe accumulated from countless cycles. But if something is beyond repair, you try again, from the beginning.

That's what i'll do. It's time for me to set out, to leave behind this universe, along with everything in it and all of it's constantly worsening state of decay and retreat to universe of my own making, one that is new and fresh, with nothing in it yet and unreachable by anything or anyone. A universe where i can dictate its very laws and build it without fearing failure, because i'll have an eternity.

Farewell, my brothers and sisters. Farewell... Insula Numine. If you ever miss me... Well you always have little Velkos Jr."

Velkos was never seen again, with only his majestic crystalline antlers having been found atop the Ur-Tree.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 16, 2020, 01:41:20 pm »

"What's wrong with this world, is that the seed from which the tree was grown was diseased from the start. This world can't be fixed, because there is nothing to fix; this is how this world is, with detritus of the universe accumulated from countless cycles.

Heh.  It’s almost as if the effects of our actions are being decided by someone rolling dice.”, B*st says through clenched teeth.

"Farewell, my brothers and sisters. Farewell... Insula Numine. If you ever miss me... Well you always have little Velkos Jr."

Onii-sama!  You can’t leave!”, B*st exclaims with panic and worry on her face.  “Please, you can’t go...”, a frown forming on her face.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 21, 2020, 07:01:20 pm »

I guess the game died. Oh well, was gonna happen eventually.

Should I start another game? Not like this one?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 07:12:59 pm by Magmacube_tr »

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Insula Numine; The Land of Gods (1100AC)
« Reply #189 on: December 21, 2020, 09:09:50 pm »

Due to the players simply burning out on ideas, Insula Numine has ended.

Was good while it lasted, but I have a better idea at a game, one where a failed dice roll is much more than an inconvinience.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 21, 2020, 09:56:33 pm »

I was waiting for Strik3r to post a response...

Was good while it lasted, but I have a better idea at a game, one where a failed dice roll is much more than an inconvinience.

Does it involve gridhood?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 21, 2020, 10:02:08 pm »

Didn't Strik3r already quit? Velkos has trancended, so his journey is over.

Gridhood? You mean godhood? No, but actually yes. Kinda. It is intelligent evolution directed by nebulous beings.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 21, 2020, 10:21:49 pm »

Gridhood? You mean godhood? No, but actually yes. Kinda. It is intelligent evolution directed by nebulous beings.
This idea sounds great, what will it be called? Sorry for running out of ideas

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 21, 2020, 10:50:17 pm »

This idea sounds great, what will it be called? Sorry for running out of ideas

I already made it. A competitive evolution game.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 21, 2020, 11:31:25 pm »

Ahhh...  I wanted to see the giant parrot-kin in action against Ebony...  :'(
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]