Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Spookyfort: Inheritance  (Read 25978 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Boomstick - a Halloween Spookyfort (Restless Spirits Wanted!)
« Reply #165 on: October 02, 2021, 04:08:25 am »

Does that mean we're dead already, think that might be record.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 02, 2021, 04:10:37 am »

It was all just a dream...

(Literally only a month in game...the curse is real this year.)

I'll start again later tonight, probably.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 02, 2021, 06:20:19 pm »

A restless spirit has arisen and is haunting the mansion!

I, Astesh Cogzeg, proud soldier of the Banner of Glaciers, commit myself to the haunting of one "delphonso" - magnate of the Phonso Firearms Company. My death was a swift one, I was luckier than many. A foul blendec in Toolpukes took a long shot which happened to find my skull. My life was cut short, far too short. In undeath, though, I may find some ease for my angry soul.

I seek out delphonso, as many restless spirits will, and begin my haunt of the home he is constructing.

Ah yes. A simple home for a simple man. His laborers work day and night to construct this mansion. Some light haunting, yes. Perhaps a spooky face in their ale? Or maybe some loud noises as they sleep. What is it that spirits...normally do...in this situation? I guess like...summon monsters or something, right? I must focus...and call something...from the deep.

Ha! Quake in fear, delphonso! What evils have I brought down upon you?

Oh...It's um...Well it's sort of a cute...doggish animal. Is that...spooking anyone?

They seem to have not noticed the foul creature I wrought upon them. If anything it seems to have made them more productive... And look! They've got a bunch of guns by their beds. What a bunch of psychos. Honestly these guys are a bit scary.

It seems this whole haunting thing is a bit tougher than I imagined. I'm only a novice spook, after all. Look, I just need to get the hang of things. I know, I will reach into the darkest parts of delphonso's mind and find his greatest fears. What is keeping you up at night, delphonso? What terrible secrets constantly rattle your very being?! What is it you wish to tell everyone - to confess - that dark secret which rests upon the tip of your tongue? TELL ME, DELPHONSO!

I can't believe this.

By Avuz, they've even built a wine cellar! While my corpse rots, these guys are drinking...shining wine? What is this?! Come vermin of the earth!

Spoil their crops! Eat their meals! Consume their seeds! Yes...yes! With enough luck, I can force the dwarves to do the most desperate of actions!

(drinking water - sorry for the cut off.)

Did that...um...you know like terrify anyone? It seems like the mansion is still being built, which is...not ideal. Don't these idiots know how to be haunted?

Let's touch the minds of these dwarves and see what my evil hath brought upon them...

Avuz damn it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 09:01:21 pm by delphonso »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 03, 2021, 01:48:46 am »

Could people with guns be immune to a ghosts spooking?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 03, 2021, 06:49:18 am »

A Slight Haunt

Astesh Cogzeg - Novice Ghost

I've heard of something...procession, I believe. It is an ability ghosts have - the ability to control the actions of feeble-minded dwarves - make them march where ever you please. I have a devious plan...all it takes is a bit more focus...

Ha! Excellent. This fool is trapped here and will meet a grisly demise! With the fortifications, all will be able to see! Surely that'll terrify delphonso!

Um. Where did he go? Oh...don't tell me...he's a ghost too, right? Typical!

Let's just...seal off the ceiling, there... Seems the clever fellow just...um...climbed out of his prison. This whole evil spirit haunting thing is harder than I thought it would be.

Alright, well - now that's all sorted...what now? I must wait for Ablel to dehydrate to death.

In the meantime, let's try again at summoning some horrid fiend from the depths...something...dark...big teeth...large...threatening... Rise...Rise Spirit! My vengeance is your burden!

Hohoho...This looks promising...

Oh! A delightfully menacing name, too!

Ah...Some sort of...very cute pony.

If I had lungs I would never stop screaming.

Wait! Yes! An idea! Another procession!

Yes...raise the gun, Olon. Kill the little pony!

It's working! It's working!

More of this! More hunting! If I can only gather cute animals - I'll make every last dwarf stomp on a puppy.

Oh come on! You guys can't get like...INTO it! We're going to need more ammo.

Uh...right. You know what - let's not think about it.

Finally! A good spook! Avuz, that feels good.

And there's a death, right on schedule. Now...to make things a bit worse for delphonso... Let's make a room right there...

Perfect.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Deaths at Boomstick: 1 (dehydration inside wall)

Could people with guns be immune to a ghosts spooking?
US National Anthem plays louder

I should finish up tomorrow morning (it's evening here now).

Anybody interested in taking a turn?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 09:01:31 pm by delphonso »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #170 on: October 03, 2021, 07:36:58 am »

"Dehydration inside wall" feels like a suitably strange death for this fort.

Nervous-Fool

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 03, 2021, 09:42:47 am »

Would love to take a turn on this bad boy >:}

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 03, 2021, 08:54:17 pm »

Consistent Failure

Astesh Cogzeg - Novice Ghost

Try as I might, the dwarves seem to be...prospering? delphonso is happier than ever. This is truly distressing. You hear a thousand ghost stories growing up... "Oh, Urist in Shorastdolor got his intestines ripped out by a ghost once!" or "A child in Crystallake was perpetually haunted by his own mother"... They never tell you how that stuff happens. Maybe I should give this up and like...write a book or something... The Truth of the Spirits... I like the ring of that.

The worst part of all this is that I don't. even. understand. this. mansion.

I mean...look at this place. It's an absolute mess. All these doors and roofs. The dwarves clamber up onto the roof just to find a log, then carry it back. It makes no sense at all! The only part that makes sense is delphonso's bedroom - but he climbs through a stockpile and through a tiny room onto the roof to get there! Like...why?

And these strangers from Kogan Num! Look at these bastards! They must be old colleagues of delphonso - burdened with wealth... I'd like to give them a spook or two.

You know what - I bet I can! I'll just drop the wise idea to build a gate...

Okay, and then get a dwarf to link up a lever... This should be easy enough.

Damn! The merchants must have figured out what I was doing!

Just um...well - pull it as soon as they are going to leave! Come on!

Come on! Come on! Come on! C'mon! C'mon! C'mon! ...I really need a win here.

Yes! Yes! It's going to work! I'll send those merchants sky high! The bounties will rain down on Boomstick Mansion and be left to rot in the dirt! Their bodies will break upon the stones and boulders of my domain! I will become the best and strongest ghost that Werae Itwarro has ever seen!

I can't believe I came back from the dead for this.

Am I in hell? Is this my eternal punishment?

All I want to do is make this mansion unlivable. To spook delphonso half to death. And in the meantime this bastard is building a stupid confusing mansion! Just die already!

Oh...

Oh no.

You have GOT to be kidding me.

The dwarves think this place is desirable.

I need...
I need to take a break.

-=-=-=-=-=-
"Dehydration inside wall" feels like a suitably strange death for this fort.

Hopefully we'll see more!

Would love to take a turn on this bad boy >:}

Glad to have you, Nervous-Fool - great timing!

The link is here!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 09:02:18 pm by delphonso »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2021, 03:05:48 am »

Maybe one day he'll be a legendary ghost.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 04, 2021, 03:54:20 am »

I suppose now's the time to mention some ghosts did sign on with DFM last year. And who better to use those mortally challenged employees on than a CEO who skipped town.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 04, 2021, 05:39:39 pm »

Maybe one day he'll be a legendary ghost.

I've improved my spooking! How satisfying!

I suppose now's the time to mention some ghosts did sign on with DFM last year. And who better to use those mortally challenged employees on than a CEO who skipped town.

DFM: Dangerous Ferocious Monsters

PTW (and to get spooked!)

Welcome brewer bob!

Anyone interested in a turn when Nervous-Fool is done?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 04, 2021, 06:21:21 pm »

DFM: Dangerous Ferocious Monsters

The mess at Crystallake was clearly not kind to the magic company. Poor guys had to rebrand just to survive the severe loss of face.

EDIT: If nobody else steps forward, I'll take a go, though I'm working on SVE stuff this week.

Nervous-Fool

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 06, 2021, 03:38:22 pm »

An Accidental Fixation...

Feb Lolorith : Overconfident Ghost

Try as I might, the dwarves seem to be...prospering? delphonso is happier than ever.
The dwarves think this place is desirable.

HAPPIER THAN EVER??? DESIRABLE???

Sit back, old chap, and let a real spook handle this house.

Let ole’ Feb Lolorith, this grisly HAUNT, show you how it’s done, eh!??!?

Alright, let’s get acquainted with the space… float around a bit… hmmm…. Oh!

A body in…

what is this?? Some sort of a closet??

No, no, no, this won’t do at all.

Everybody knows you need a HALL OF BODIES for your corpses. Allow me.

Firstly, to assert some of my bidding, I whisper secrets of power and management into the writhing ear of Sodel Nillerteth… The engraver… yes, yes, she shall do nicely.

Of course, I must give my ward a very very special room.

I do my best to scribble out some inspiration for Delphonso to find on his wall….. and sure enough….

Oh, YES! What a dream! The dwarves begin work on a treehouse! Only the best for my sweet impressionable Sodel.

Blast, now I’m going to be worrying myself back into the grave about her assured safety.

I will make sure she is protected, and then I can resume my plans, of course.

There! It’s like my old grandpa, Cog, used to say, “nothing like a pair of giant beetles to ease your worries” …or some bloody thing.

Yegads, an invisible woman has come to the fort! Normally I would welcome this sort of thing, but she is taking a real shine to kicking the shit out of Sodel’s giant war beetles and I absolutely cannot have that.

I wrangle up a crew of dwarves willing to listen to a disembodied voice they can’t be sure was real or not to put a stop to this.

We take care of her but not before she can take care of Athel Athelkokeb. Welcome to the afterlife, my friend!

And fresh meat— I— I mean, new life! ahh..yes….

Ah, excellent! Sodel’s quarters are complete! She may retreat to the privacy of her tree home to receive my instructions from here-on out…
And our beautiful corpse hall! Exceptional work, lads!!

Athel has decided to come out and play! He-LLO, Athel!!

TIME TO DO SOME BRANDING. I have Sodel set an order for daily bone decoration depicting a new signature logo so anyone who comes upon this fort can know who was responsible for such a lovely corpse hallway.

NO!!!!!!!

OH, BLAST THIS!! …this is why you don’t get attached, Feb!!!!

To hell with it!! Sodel was the best of you all!!!!

A tomb must be build for her…

HMM. I am a bit distraced by the dwarves dying. Oh.. maybe I should not have convinced them to fight this great… monstrous… Megacamelus?

What’s left of the dwarves take turns kicking the shit out of the megacamelus while it retches and slowly dies.

Damn.. some are.. injured.. well I suppose I can’t let them all die. Maybe we could make room for some hospital beds in between the corpses of the corpse hall, eh?

I HAVE CHANGED MT MIND ABOUT THE BRANDING!

WE MUST SIMPLY HONOR THE MEMORY OF SODEL…

GOD… ARUGH.. I am… I am WRACKED with.. .GRIEF?? …grief???!?!?! I can’t even look at this mansion anymore!!!!!!!! AUGH!!

AUGH!!!

(Here's the link!)

(ahhh whoops I see my images are HUGE. I would fix them but I have a flight tomorrow and a whole bunch of things to do so unfortunately I cannot at the moment! My apologies!)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 07, 2021, 02:05:47 am »

This was awesome, Nervous-Fool! Thanks!

Love the treehouse. Gonna need to do a death count... Seems a few didn't make it.

Anyone want a turn? Splint, feeling free?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15