Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Spookyfort: Inheritance  (Read 25970 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Boomstick - a Halloween Spookyfort (Restless Spirits Wanted!)
« Reply #195 on: October 18, 2021, 08:04:14 pm »

If nobody else will go I'll at least have a look. No promises though.

No worries. Above-ground construction isn't the most fun thing in the world.
More the premise than anything. I actually quite like doing above ground stuff, though it means my particular playstyle is pretty drab and slow-burning. But this premise demands a level of architectural creativeness that I just don't have - plus not gonna lie man, all the intentional murdering going on has me in a full on "why bother" mood with it.

Ain't trying to be a downer or anything, just ain't quite feeling it with this one like I was last year.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 18, 2021, 08:51:25 pm »

Ain't trying to be a downer or anything, just ain't quite feeling it with this one like I was last year.

Yeah, completely the same, unfortunately. I've been enjoying DF a lot - but something about this isn't as fun as I'd imagine it to be.

I didn't want to mention it, to avoid just killing the thread outright, but yeah - if it's not fun, don't bother.

I'm open to some other ideas for the last bit of October. We could run some spooky adventurers in this world, for instance.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 09:41:30 pm by delphonso »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 19, 2021, 04:10:49 am »

An adventurer in this place might be fun.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 19, 2021, 07:38:39 pm »

An adventurer in this place might be fun.

I'd like to explore the mods - which isn't happening in this low-pop fort, really. I'll roll up an adventurer tonight and see where that takes me.

EDIT: Came down with a cold this afternoon - pretty wiped so unlikely to do this tonight...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 07:04:07 am by delphonso »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 21, 2021, 07:32:46 am »

Like any good horror movie series - the second Spookyfort is a complete disaster. Please enjoy an attempt to explore this outrageously dangerous world.

There is something wrong in this world - some darkness has overtaken it. Surely the world must send out a hero to save the day:

Uhh...There's a lot of options...

A doctor sounds right - someone to cure the world of its evil blight. That all scans, right?

Han Gurgleblew! The best dentist in the realms! Surely this is a good fellow!
Look at him, he's very religious!
He worships...

Well.
Maybe it's not as bad as it sounds. Let's prepare for adventure.

A hearty young adventurer - strong and agile and knows their way around...cauterizing. Is this a good guy?

Oh...

Oh!
Okay, that seems like a pretty hero-y pet.

And look! The doctors are having a meeting in the breakroom. Presumably about how to better heal the world!

Christ...Things are...pretty fucking dire, aren't they?

Ah yes... The Chunky Brown Menace. We doctors know that well.

I'll contribute what I can to this effort to make the world a better place. I'll head to Blackclasped stat.

I took like five steps... Well. May as well look around inside.

Jesus Han you don't have to like...insult the guy.

Combat ensues! It's a close fight - each is an expert dodger and they slash at each other - the wendigo with a gnarly knife and Han uses his...bladed glove and...chainsaw. Look he's good, okay?

The wendigo collapses from the tension of battle! It's over!

You know the wendigo was a bad guy because it was turning adorable lemmings into paste.

Han wandered an additional five steps and found another lair.

This guy isn't hostile, maybe he's cool?

Well.

I resist the urge to pet the doggy and instead blast him with 40ccs of laughing gas! The werewolf is struck down shortly after!

Wandering toward Blackclasped, I get the scariest message I've ever gotten in Dwarf Fortress:

And about 20 seconds after that:

A werewolf jumped me and wrestled me to death. God damn.

Here's the save if anyone wants to roam around this silly world.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #200 on: October 21, 2021, 07:39:32 am »

I'm almost surprised you didn't get the descriptions for anything considering that'd be an immediate tip-off that perhaps the doctors don't find the healing as rewarding as the hurting.  I might give an adventure a shot during the weekend, see what pops up.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 21, 2021, 07:46:04 am »

I loved looking at one of the orderlies and seeing a description of a straight up Silent Hill creature.

That'd be great, ZM5.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 12:29:15 am by delphonso »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 22, 2021, 03:08:04 am »

There sure do seem to be a lot of shark men in this world.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 23, 2021, 11:39:52 am »

There sure do seem to be a lot of shark men in this world.

There is, but that's more a result of the ocean civ having a bunch of shark people species to choose from.

I was actually surprised to see the sheer amount of other civs around, but it seems like they're overwhelmingly hostile.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #204 on: October 24, 2021, 06:34:52 am »

"They opened the box...and I came." Time to uhh, raise some hell, ha.

Row here soon understood the misfortune of being summoned by a bunch of pun-slinging skeletons. I would also appreciate quiet and tranquility a lot more if I heard bone puns 24/7.

A live dog wasn't available so I figure a bone one will do.

Even skeletons have issues of banditry. Something to keep in mind. Seems also that the victims of great werewolves are causing a lot of trouble all across the land - in terms of the knowledge Row has, there's atleast 12 or so rampaging around. I have no idea what a Hexatoness is but I'm guessing its bad, so I'll just keep it in the back of my head for now.

I'm not quite sure how the baron fit into this tiny home.

Oh no, how horrible, a cook.

I've encountered two of the marauding bandits in the mead hall - one a skeleton, other a Foul Blendec - seems that Steedbed is the capital, as the bone witch queen of the dead lives here. Things didn't go quite well right from the start.

Thiiiis was not a good idea. Especially also since the skelesnake reaper (pikeman) I hired decided to not help me at all.

Row being a needleface, of course, has some supernatural abilities to help - even without a sword, she wasn't totally helpless. While the skeleton died quickly, the blendec's death was rather prolonged.

I also noticed this just laying around the floor of the mead hall. Yoink!

Jeez, didn't even wait until the body was cold.

Barely a few steps outside and I ran into a lair. There were a total of four cursed werewolves inside.

They were actually easier than the bandits.

The seventy-fifth rampage? Jeez.

On the way to Rulestraps, a human hamlet, I got attacked by yet another cursed werewolf - when I arrived, the mead hall was pandemonium - both the hamlet's abbot and the lord were also werewolves, and the soldiers clearly did not like that.

I read the scroll that was laying around, and the title was correct given what transpired afterwards. Sheriff got executed by the spearman for...whatever reason. You're allowed to kill your werewolf lord, for he is an abomination, but you still get the death penalty for commiting treason.

Oh hey. Turns out the wendigo that Han killed was just named...Holli. How terrifying.

I traveled to the tower of Gearedstasis - seeing as the zombies didn't attack Row, I helped myself to some of their gear and made a better sword. The tower didn't really have anything interesting, just the dwarf chief necromancer and his reptilefolk zombies. No slab that I could find, and the books I read didn't have necromancy secrets. I left and decided to head to the frozen north and confront that hexatoness.

On the way, I was attacked by some dinos. Not much of a problem with the new sword. Unfortunately, it turned out that the hexatoness' dwelling place was a cave and not a regular lair or burrow, and I was unable to find her.

I found a pirate hamlet and decided to ask around and see if there's other megabeasts worth fighting.

I did not ask about the status of your nether regions, dude.

I spent some time talking to a skeletal pirate vagrant and hoooooly shit there are so damn many cursed werewolves in this world. It's a goddamn nightmare, there's only a handful of semimegas left (ettin, cyclops, hexatoness and a man-fly) and I don't think there are any megabeasts alive aside from a handful of titans. If anyone wants to clear the world of werewolf scum then you've got a long job ahead of you.

I came across this on my way south, and while it looked fearsome it died disappointingly quickly. A stab to the head finished it off.

Found another werewolf's lair, this one wielding a meat cleaver. Fool, it hacked me in the arm that was already disabled. Died from a decap - got its limbs slashed off pretty nice too.

Row ultimately met a brutal end when attempting to fight the manfly (unfortunately I forgot to take its description). Oddly polite fellow for a self-experimenting insane wizard.

Here's the save, good luck to the next adventurer.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 24, 2021, 08:51:35 am »

I was tripping over werewolves - I wonder if they jist passed on.their curses very effectively.

Great adventure, ZM5! Got a good chuckle from it. Nutssevered is up there. Amazing name.

Holli and Han! Gosh coulda been adventuring pals.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 24, 2021, 04:47:08 pm »

Hexatons are six-armed giants, so that coulda ended up a cakewalk or a very very quick death, depending on luck. Sulomoonfitgarga was an abomination, a land-going version of a sea monster. KInd of amazed you walked on that one, considering how friggen huge they are.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 25, 2021, 02:33:49 am »

With all the werewolves we might need to rename the thread to something more werewolfy.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 25, 2021, 02:36:46 am »

The only werewolf horror movie I know is Teen Wolf and if I remember right, the only horror in that is about the dangers of underage drinking.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 25, 2021, 02:40:24 am »

Teen Wolf and if I remember right, the only horror in that is about the dangers of underage drinking.
I thought the whole thing was horror horrible.

I'm sure there's something better we can use, or we could just keep what we have.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15