Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 49

Author Topic: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 4/9 [Eruption: Fallacy of Logic- Hackers Win]  (Read 44693 times)

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
  • Stray Cat cancels hunt vermin: seeking infant.
    • View Profile

No need for personal attacks guys. I think you both played decently well, and were on the right track with the FoU / Magma pairing at different times. I was really scared that the two of you would find each other as town and work together to take us out. We'd have been screwed.  :P

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

...it was a bit unfair with the lineup.  Tric was a bastard after all.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Even Toonyman got it wrong:
Quote from: The Junkyard
Pref is in the easiest position here in my opinion because Roden and Magma are obviously town while Jack and FoU aren't.

I don't understand why Magma thinks FoU could be partnered with anyone but Jack. Magma is in the hardest position right now except for the fact that Jack selfvoted right in front of Pref/Roden and the two of them did nothing. You don't even need to build a case off that it's solid proof on its own let alone FoU being obvscum.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

...and how am I supposed to NOT hold a grudge here? Seriously?
My best answer? It's just a game, Jack. Whether you win or lose, it's still just a game, and it's better to enjoy it while it lasts and move on afterwards. For the record I do think you played a lot better than your last game, here. In fact, you called out the correct scumteam in a specific post - I worried about in scumchat... It's just that nobody noticed. I can respect the effort you put into the game.

But you're really better off letting go of what happened once it's all over. Otherwise you make it both less fun for you and less fun for the other players.

Yeah, it'd be a lot nicer if we could have gotten a replacement for Rolan. C'est la vie, though.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
  • Stray Cat cancels hunt vermin: seeking infant.
    • View Profile

The game was basically impossible for town to win after the BP lynch + modkill.

If anyone wants constructive feedback, let me know! I will also gladly accept feedback.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not holding any post game grudges either. I genuinely believe voting Jack was the best option so he could at least learn why he got voted out and try to change what he did in future games. Because even as a newbie game, there's certain things you should know not to do and shouldn't go unchecked if you keep doing them.

I've had games where I kept trying to forgive someone played similarly to how Jack has, and they won as mafia that way because they used being new as a cover for making scummy plays. I can't personally justify letting that go unchecked in games anymore since it just encourages scum to get away with openly scum plays.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...and how am I supposed to NOT hold a grudge here? Seriously?
All I wanted was for you to be cooperative. We were fine Day 1 since we realized we were both town there and we actually worked together. But the longer the game went on, it felt like you became more and more hostile to the point where you kept refusing to answer very basic questions while demanding we all do the scum hunting for you.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good game, well done Magma in particular! I'm sorry I wasn't able to contribute more.

I'm probably not going to be playing mafia again on these forums.  I had thought I was socializing with my intellectual equals.  But I'm not.

The only way I'm going to succeed at this game is acting dumber than I am, just like real life.  I guess, you don't need an IQ test for this site, so it's my fault really.

And I don't come onto these forums to pretend to be dumb.
This is a bit much. Thinking that the reason you lost was because you're too much smarter than everyone else is never a good place to be. Taking a break might be a good idea because you're a little too invested in the games, but it'd be a shame to give up on something that you're passionate about because of this game. (Also there's a difference between being passionate and being too invested.)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The game was basically impossible for town to win after the BP lynch + modkill.

If anyone wants constructive feedback, let me know! I will also gladly accept feedback.
Honestly, I don't think you could've played it any better than you did. I always felt guilty every time I sus'd you lol, you felt very obvious town even though you actually weren't. I think the only thing that felt off was that you seemed too good to be true at times.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 6/9 [Day 3: Toon Force Murder]
« Reply #684 on: July 07, 2021, 05:24:02 pm »

Quick hypothesis: Jack and FoU are scum, know that this is the most likely PoE for town, and he's trying to sow confusion.
Quick hypothesis: I hate you all, and I'm sick of playing with you.  I've been suspected all game by everyone, and now its going to cost the majority of you the game.  I think, at this point, I'm just going to claim to be the 3rd member of the mafia team, and change my win condition to match theirs.

ATTENTION TOWN: I was town, but am now considering myself to be Mafia-aligned.  Ergo, when you mislynch me, I shall call it a win.  And a jolly Fuck You to you all. Die in ditch.
Also if you ever post something like this you can't blame other people for your lynch. If it's genuine then town has already lost because 2 scum+you is a majority, and if it's not then you should be lynched. So the only play is for town to lynch you.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 05:26:29 pm by prefuzek »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Wow, impressive scum play Magma.

I had Web/FoU but I deduced they were putting Jack into the towncore and not Magma.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[deleted Roden stuff, because game is over and no point]

Quick hypothesis: Jack and FoU are scum, know that this is the most likely PoE for town, and he's trying to sow confusion.
Quick hypothesis: I hate you all, and I'm sick of playing with you.  I've been suspected all game by everyone, and now its going to cost the majority of you the game.  I think, at this point, I'm just going to claim to be the 3rd member of the mafia team, and change my win condition to match theirs.

ATTENTION TOWN: I was town, but am now considering myself to be Mafia-aligned.  Ergo, when you mislynch me, I shall call it a win.  And a jolly Fuck You to you all. Die in ditch.
Also if you ever post something like this you can't blame other people for your lynch. If it's genuine then town has already lost because 2 scum+you is a majority, and if it's not then you should be lynched. So the only play is for town to lynch you.

Good job Pref giving examples.  Yeah, that was stupid.

Also MY tunneling the two town players...that certainly cost us the game.  But I console myself that Toonyman was wrong all along also. 
So we're no worse than the Vet!  Yay Team Town!  Not worse than the Vet!

EDIT: It feels good to edit again!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I'm actually surprised my original guess on Magma was correct lol. Even if we got FoU today I think Magma likely wins in a final three scenario since I'd moved on from suspecting them. GG to mafia.
This is true. I would have never voted Magma in a F3. I expected FoU to die during D3 honestly.

Jack since you were town I would seriously take to heart what I said during the game as it will improve your play whether you're town or mafia.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm actually surprised my original guess on Magma was correct lol. Even if we got FoU today I think Magma likely wins in a final three scenario since I'd moved on from suspecting them. GG to mafia.
This is true. I would have never voted Magma in a F3. I expected FoU to die during D3 honestly.

Jack since you were town I would seriously take to heart what I said during the game as it will improve your play whether you're town or mafia.

Honestly, the only thing I can recall is your suspicions of my being Scum.  But I can remember some of it.  And I've picked up a few pointers myself.
Basically: Be a politician.  Don't piss off everyone at the same time.  Don't be TOO smart. Beware those being too nice to you. Don't get emotional.
Also, for me, post less.  A lot less.  Cause people stop reading after a certain point.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And finally, the greatest lesson of all:
Don't be lazy and trust Toonyman to win the game for you.  He can be wrong too.
 :P
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 49