Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: The Tales of Runlance - Year 1511 - OVERSEERS NEEDED! APPLY INSIDE!  (Read 26289 times)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Runlance - Year 1504 - OVERSEERS NEEDED!! APPLY INSIDE!!
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2021, 03:19:22 pm »

Put me on the list and if you can please make a hundred or so green glass pipe sections and corkscrews for... something  8)

Added
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2021, 02:27:07 am »

Comrades! This past year has been a great challenge to us all. Though it is tragic that many brave dwarves, including our founder Ryukan, not including zultan as the king was disgusting bourgeoisie have died to the undead invaders or the ferocious beast from the depths, Runlance still stands. We shall rebuild and we shall have vengeance! For Dwarfkind! For the Revolution! For Runlance!

unpauses

2nd Granite: What's this?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The undead have quit their siege and are withdrawing from our lands. Victory, brave comrades!

also, the macro I used to comrade did something hilarious to Gwolf

6th Granite: With the undead gone, I have lowered the bridge so the outside world can be accessed, and the dead buried.

...or maybe not...

There are two crow man zombies still in the area. These are attacking dwarves that try to exit.

They aren't doing any lasting damage, but watching the dwarves run away in fear is humiliating.

7th Granite: The area is absolutely covered in bronze and bismuth bronze bolts.

I've unforbidden them so they can be collected for our own use. Melting them down could give us plenty of bronze.

10th Granite: How are we out of rock?

12th Granite: It has begun.

13th Granite:-\

16th Granite: Alright, I'm annoyed enough at the gulag thing to let Blue 1 out.

(by the way, Tric is mayor)

Also, here's the full list:

If your dorf is dead, feel free to request a second dorf.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 02:28:51 am by blueturtle1134 »
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2021, 02:43:06 am »

I'd like a new dwarf.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2021, 08:52:31 am »

Mayor TricMagic in his Office: "We need to fill these vacant positions. Particularly the Militia Commander, Medical Dwarf and Guard Captain positions."

(hehe. Always knew Dwarfing was fun. May I work for the people for as long as I'm able.)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2021, 11:11:07 am »

Well, I'd like another Dorf pls. May this one survive a bit longer than the last
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2021, 03:13:33 pm »

16th Granite: Alright, I'm annoyed enough at the gulag thing to let Blue 1 out.

...and Nepotism enters into the Glorious Revolution, as it always does.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2021, 03:25:31 pm »

Name a Dorf after me, preferably someone known for being an idiot. I might take a turn soon, depends on whether or not I can get internet set up.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 16, 2021, 12:08:50 am »

I'd like a new dwarf.

Well, I'd like another Dorf pls. May this one survive a bit longer than the last

Name a Dorf after me, preferably someone known for being an idiot. I might take a turn soon, depends on whether or not I can get internet set up.

...and Nepotism enters into the Glorious Revolution, as it always does.

;)

2nd Slate: oh, good

10th Slate: It's time to restart the Water Reactor

11th Slate: Excellent, another mood!

14th Slate: Oh for the love of Armok - I didn't open the plumbing fill gate. I've just been draining the plumbing into the reactor for four days.

23rd Slate:

Now the fill can really begin.

24th Slate: With the military decimated by the undead invasion, providing for the defense of the fortress is an urgent matter. The solution is obvious.

The military has been socialized!

Yep, I drafted everyone.stole this idea from Loud Whispers so it must be good

The last survivor of the previous military gets promoted to militia commander. For the captains, I first chose the two dwarves with leadership skills... and then just grabbed whoever I felt was most useless. The Keys of Carnage have been populated with everyone in the fortress that actually knows how to use a weapon; it can remain as our dedicated military unit; everyone else is just getting a bit of basic training in case of emergency. Squads are split between axedwarves and hammerdwarves with one archery unit (The Oily Bodices).

I also made an effort to fill in the other noble appointed public servant positions that I feel we need. Udil also gets a cushy captain of the guard posting as a reward for pulling the lever last year.

The "reserve" squads rotate training two months a year. Since I grabbed the Keys of Carnage from everywhere, I fear I've grabbed some essential dwarves such as me in that group, so it's been set to train on alternating months.

Unfortunately I don't have anything better than copper to make the equipment out of (and we're going to need a LOT of copper). I've ordered the miners to find more.

I also pulled some strings to make sure that all the named dwarves (besides Blue 2 and Tricmagic, who are in the Keys of Carnage because they can actually fight) are in The Good Picks.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 12:13:47 am by blueturtle1134 »
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 16, 2021, 12:31:22 am »

Can I be Dwarfed as an archery Dwarf, please(if possible)?
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 16, 2021, 01:02:34 am »

7th Felsite: Ahhh, shite.

What's gone bad?

The offending item seems to have been removed, but waves of miasma recur every few days. Probably bits of food rotting...

11th Felsite: The Water Reactor appears to have successfully restarted!

13th Felsite: The best part of socializing Mining is designating an area to be dug and watching the entire thing flash at once

Anyway, this is going to be the area for an expansion of the forg-

We don't have anvils

And we can't make any more because we don't have iron.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

28th Granite: Charcoal is becoming a bottleneck in equipment production. I've made a manager order to make it automatically.

Also, I'm going to go ahead and fill the pump stack input with water, in the hopes that manually pumping it up will be possible.

I've assigned pump operating to dwarves that don't have useful skills (>=5) in any other area.

4th Hematite: The fuck do you think you're doing.

W H A T

He must be going for the rocks in the plumbing. I'll forbid those.

Can I be Dwarfed as an archery Dwarf, please(if possible)?

8th Hematite: I made a mistake.

Leak isn't too severe, though. I think I just forgot to put in doors on that level. I'll remedy this immediately.

10th Hematite: Manual operation works, it seems. Only the older stairwell is filling up so far.

13th Hematite: Some idiots are trying to retrieve the stones in the water chamber. I've forbidden this as well. (Maybe those will be ejected when the weapon fires).

20th Hematite: Some leak-plugging is needed.

The red is blood from someone that must have slipped on water and bashed his head open. It's been washed all through the system now.

25th Hematite: The device doesn't fill fast when manually pumped, but it does fill.

9th Malachite: Alright, now this is a problem.

Water's rising higher in the pump access stairwell. I'm not sure how - it shouldn't be able to - but I'm blocking the stairwell off.

Mechanical operation is almost complete. I'm just waiting on one more log.

11th Malachite: More leaks.

13th Malachite: It's too deep to plug. I'll wall it off instead.

14th Malachite: This idiot decided that the correct course of action was to run in, grab a stone from the wet side of the wall, and wall it, thus ensuring that he would be trapped.

I've corrected this.

15th Malachite: Thanks to that guy, the last safe place to wall off is now here.

Humiliatingly, the nearest material is donkey soap. I hope the dwarf on the wrong side gets out, though.

18th Malachite: Luckily, that worked.

21st Malachite: Is he trapped?

I dug the wall and he left immediately. Guess he was.

26th Malachite: The final axle has been placed, and automated pumping has begun!

When I built that last axle, though, the log that came up was black-cap. Are they chopping in the caverns? I don't think they're chopping in the caverns. oh wait I have autochop on

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 16, 2021, 03:56:59 am »

Hopefully my dwarf will be useful this time around, and will also live a while.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 18, 2021, 08:49:59 am »

You can make anvils from adamantine.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2021, 04:47:17 pm »

why am I in a military I don't wanna dieeee

I mean, comrades, in order to fulfill my duty of manager for the glorious revolution, it is with a heavy heart that I must formally request to be relieved of the hounor of serving in a military unit lest I perish and the managerial archives are lost

Also did you test the levers

And add me to the list if possible
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 18, 2021, 05:00:58 pm »

I mean, comrades, in order to fulfill my duty of manager for the glorious revolution, it is with a heavy heart that I must formally request to be relieved of the hounor of serving in a military unit lest I perish and the managerial archives are lost

And add me to the list if possible
The Mayor denies this request. Military service is required of all upstanding dwarves. As is all the other socialized jobs. Progress! Do not lose heart Comrade Gwolfski!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 23, 2021, 01:36:23 am »

I realize I'm a fair bit behind schedule, but I was unexpectedly busy this week. I should have the whole thing done in a day or two.

You can make anvils from adamantine.

An excellent suggestion, comrade! The only flaw is that we have no adamantine!

Military service is the duty of all comrades! Do not fear, you will not be called into battle except in times of desperation, and in those times, who would not be happy to give their life for the defense of the fortress? No exception shall be granted for those in managerial positions! The notion that administrators are of greater worth than the common worker is an odious invention of the bourgeoise! I have however placed all the named dwarves into a squad which I may ensure sees less action.

I have full confidence in Comrade Gwolfski's ability to set up levers correctly! I should probably test them just to be safe.

5th Galena: Enough beds have been made to fill up most of the new housing floor. The beds already placed have been designated ready for use.

8th Galena: Looks like masterworks are being created. Excellent, the soldiers will have good gear.

13th Galena: I wonder what this will be.

20th Galena: It will never, NEVER cease to amaze me that we've pulled up ridiculous quantities of gold and silver, yet not a speck of iron or coal. How? How did we pick the perfect spot to hamstring our metallurgy so completely? We'll be stuck on copper gear until we have adamantine!

On the other hand, the dwarves seem to be settling in to their new quarters.

26th Galena: It seems the main obstacle to the filling of the water weapon is the rate at which water can reach the pump stack.

I'm unsure how this could possibly be enhanced.

13th Limestone: Finally, a carav- FUCK

They must have passed by because of all the cage traps by the door? I'll try constructing the trade depot outside, see if that gets their attention.

15th Limestone: Well, at least the pack animals stopped. Let's see what they've got to sell.

18th Limestone: These guys are just having a chat in an unused room.

Don't we have a meeting hall? Let me see what I can do to make that more attractive.

19th Limestone: I've commissioned a huge amount of crafts to use as trading material.

We can also sell the gold bars, but it'd be more efficient to forge them into crafts first. I think that requires charcoal though.

I thought we were the Mountainhome?

22nd Limestone: I ask that the gold bars be brought to the depot and half the fort shows up.

Here we go. Nine gold bars buys us four anvils, plus some other odds and ends I want. Sadly they don't have logs, which is what we really need.

24th Limestone: Our moody dwarf isn't doing anything. Let's see what the holdup is.

We do have some cut gems, so this should resolve itself soon enough.

27th Limestone:

oh no
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15