Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: RoseHeart Presents: Forum Platoon v1.0.3.1 SPACE! - Game Thread  (Read 7615 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
RoseHeart Presents: Forum Platoon v1.0.3.1 SPACE! - Game Thread
« on: February 11, 2022, 02:20:23 pm »

OOC Thread
Version 1
S P A C E
P   L   A   T   O   O   N

MAP KEY
Center doors are ARMORIES, the rest are AIRLOCKS. Arrowed tiles are TELEPORTERS.
Units from left to right(or top to bottom) are ENGINEER, SOLDIER, and FIREBAT.

Turns:
    • Please save all map changes in '.png' format for best quality.
    • Up to 4 players simultaneously. Choose an army color (distinct from white, black, red, and other armies) and claim an unowned (red) airlock by making the background your color. Joining only counts as one of your 2 moves.
    • Once per hour you can take a turn and perform 2 moves. Post "dibs". Then update the image with your actions and edit it into your post.
    • If you take longer than 15 minutes to do this, you can be skipped. (Same for joining players)
    • You can't take a turn twice in a row.
    • Your timer starts from the edit time of your last turn.
    • Units only move to adjacent spaces (up, down, left, right), and not diagonally. Units cannot move through other units or doors, or through walls and floors.
    • If the owner of an armory has no more airlocks or units, these doors become unowned.
    • If you were eliminated you can rejoin if there are any unowned (red) airlocks. Anyone can replace you before you get back!
    • If you eliminated a player, clear their pallet. Replace their units with the default red ones, clear their doodle pad, and make the background red. (They can easily copy everything back)

Special Rules:
    • Units may not be created until 1 hour after the 2nd player joins.
    • Capturing/disowning doors if they are behind floors or walls you don't own, is forbidden.
    • Units can't be created on the opposite side of a barrier as the door they came from. (Except your own)
    • If you spot an error from the last turn, feel free to correct it. If it would negativity effect them (like removing an action), 15 minutes is sufficient notice.

Engineer Moves:
    • Deploy up to 1 engineer per airlock you own, placing each on an empty space adjacent to a different one of your airlocks. When training engineers, you cannot increase your total army population(engineers, soldiers, and firebats) to more than 2 per airlock you own.
    • (once per unit) Choose an engineer that hasn't moved, you can move your engineer 1 space through a wall or floor.
    • (once per unit) Choose an engineer that hasn't moved. Build a wall in your army color. Your army can move through it. Do not build more walls than Airlocks you own.
    • (once per unit) Choose an engineer, change an adjacent enemy door into an unowned door.
    • (sacrifice unit) Choose an engineer, capture an adjacent unowned door. Remove your engineer.
    • (free action)(once per unit) Choose an engineer, destroy an adjacent unit or placed wall.
    • (replace unit) Choose an engineer who is adjacent to an armory you've captured, replace your engineer with either a soldier or firebat.

Soldier Moves:
    • Choose a soldier, move your soldier 1 space. If you had an adjacent soldier it can be moved to the 1st's former space, and if you had a 3rd soldier that was adjacent to the 2nd, it can be moved to its' former space, and so on.
    • (once per unit) Choose a soldier, change an adjacent enemy door into an unowned door.
    • (sacrifice unit) Choose a soldier, capture an adjacent unowned door. Remove your soldier.
    • (free action)(once per unit) Choose a soldier, destroy the first unit or enemy wall in a straight line to either the left or right. Hits your units and allies.
    • (replace unit) Choose a soldier who is adjacent to an armory you've captured, replace your soldier with either an engineer or firebat.

Firebat Moves:
    • Choose a firebat, move your soldier 1 space.
    • (sacrifice unit) Choose a firebat, capture an adjacent unowned door. Remove your firebat.
    • (free action)(once per unit) Choose a firebat, destroy all units and enemy walls on and between the adjacent 3 space to either the left or right. Hits your units and allies. Changes an enemy door into an unowned door.
    • (replace unit) Choose a firebat who is adjacent to an armory you've captured, replace your firebat with either an engineer or soldier.

Teleporter: When moving on a teleporter, move the unit to the opposite side of any other teleporter, but not the same one. A unit can't move after teleporting.

Unit Customization: Your army pallet can be edited. The wide box is also your private doodle pad. The ones in the map are shared(above planet). SFX and terrain damage are allowed, but either fix it in a second image or leave the game grid unchanged. Players may ignore/erase lingering effects when moving onto the tile.
LOW ATMOSPHERE WARNING!!! PLEASE PUT ON SPACE SUITS!!!
(Right now "space" is the current theme)

Goal: Capture 5 Airlocks

Patch Notes:
1.0.3.1: You can't (re)join by claiming a door an enemy unit could disown next turn.
1.0.2.1: If the last person to take a turn also owns 3 or more airlocks, and no one takes a turn for 24 hours, they win.
1.0.1.1: Gunna just say a unit can't move after teleporting.
1.0.0.1: a. Going to clarify that you can attack yours and an enemy's walls with Engineers. Note: Soldier and FB weapons attack them aswell. b. Engineers' barrier movement may not be interpreted to let them attack on the other side of any barrier anymore.
1.0.0.0 - SPACE! See this post.

Quote from: Version number string meaning.
X.0.0.0 = Version. Note: Patch notes may contain changes not yet recorded in the main body.
0.X.0.0 = Progressive update. Game mechanics change that is stretching the game, introducing new features, or otherwise shaking things up, to make the game more exciting.
0.0.X.0 = Conservative update. Game mechanics change that is fine-tuning or pro former status quo, to make the game more stable.
0.0.0.X = Minor update. Revisions to wording, clarification, and other changes(but anything of effectively no consequence may be omitted from the log).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 01:52:46 am by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

Any balance changes will be announced here.

1. Added more specifics to unit abilities relating to 'enemy walls'. Engineers can't build floors.
2. Soldiers use the Tank's group move from MFB.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 08:09:50 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

lol

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Awesome With Autism

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I’m gonna be real with you for a minute here chief.

You look like a jackass when you do things like quote people in your op then do exactly what they said you do. If you’re trying to do anything other than build animosity and start fights then you’re really bad at portraying that. If you can’t take legitimate criticisms and observations, and instead want to take quotes out of context and act like you’re dunking on someone then maybe you’re spending too much time at the computer and need to get some fresh air.

We may have our vast differences and disagreements, but at the very least I don’t let you dictate my actions or let you live rent-free in my brain. Find something better to do with your time.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

Feel free to pull up a chair if you decide to play.
Awesome With Autism

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Open hostility doesn't pull people into your games, bro.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

Sorry you see it that way Paper. But while you and some others wish to demonize for ideas and opinions, I do think a lot of you and many others. There's no hostility to be found here.
(Is this cause I called you 'Old'? For all I know I'm 3 times your age, idk.)
Take care then. Stop by anytime (to play) , you really are welcome.
Awesome With Autism

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Forum Platoon (HH x PW)
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2022, 04:40:01 am »

Is it mainly balance reasons why engineers can only build one wall per door you own?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2022, 07:32:30 am »

I want to avoid stalemate so I was more generous with units than walls. I also didn't want them to be too big a focus of the game. So, "less about defensive positions and more about slowing down the advance of enemy soldiers" to put it one way.
Awesome With Autism

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2022, 04:53:06 am »

Makes since.

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2022, 02:46:37 am »

I'll go ahead and join this.

Awesome With Autism

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2022, 03:31:27 am »

How many more people do we need to play this.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2022, 12:16:38 pm »

How many more people do we need to play this.
The side-scroller sounds intriguing.
OK, let's start.
We just need one more, but a1s is hosting something, so they may be too busy. I think if that's the case this is probably too niche for new people to drop in unfortunately, so I'll get around to making a more traditional H&H at some point.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 12:26:16 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2022, 03:44:49 am »

Maybe give it a little bit longer to see if there's interest.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18