Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 35

Author Topic: Angel Team - Chiaroscuro 2 | Design Phase T6  (Read 20754 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Angel Team - Chiaroscuro 2 | Design Phase T4
« Reply #315 on: August 16, 2022, 03:09:24 pm »

I've been talking about it for a little while, so have an Influence design.

Quote from: The Dawn Order: College of Midwives
Muu, the Mother of All and Queen of the Sun, cares for even the weakest of Humanity, for they carry our future. So, she has gathered the most nurturing of our Cult to care for Humanity in the dawn of their lives.

They will be given medical and emotional training that allows them to offer excellent care to both Mother and Baby before, during and after delivery. In addition,  they will lbe made aware of any religious and cultural rituals appropriate during gestation and birth to ensure they are welcomed into any community.

Whilst they do not directly recruit their patients, they encourage a general attitude of camaraderie with other new families, as well as support groups operated by our Cult.

To further encourage their adoption by the locals a Wealth Token is spent to ensure our services are provided for free, and to pay for any permits or other Obstacles to our action.

We've got a number of options available now, so I'm making a Votebox.

Quote from: Votebox
(1) Hussars of Muu: Kashyyk
(1) The Dawn Order: Kashyyk

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 16, 2022, 03:16:12 pm »

I think I will put off the Valkyrie of the Deep until we have the Hussars to support her, so I suppose this is acceptable?

(2) Hussars of Muu: Kashyyk, Iris
(2) The Dawn Order: Kashyyk, Iris
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 16, 2022, 04:15:02 pm »

Are we spending our wealth though? Pay to win. We have 3. We could do  high-effort, high-cost snek.

The Lightning Bolt of Ages, Valk Madu

Muu has an idea she had to bind one of the sea's mighty legends to her service. Nothing less would do but to tame one of those that lived in the depths. Going around gathering together a list of rumors and myths, she tracked down her prey to a stretch of ocean where beneath the sea laid a giant cave. And from that cave emerged a snake many times long enough to crush any boat to smithereens. It instantly attacked the angel, believing it to be a colossal squid it fed on, but Muu turned the trap, revealing her full power and entering a clash with it.  While it was strong, an Angel is not so easily crushed, even if the metaphorical might behind such a creature put it on somewhat even footing. But eventually Muu managed to subdue it, depriving it of oxygen. She then dragged it back the many nautical miles, dodging other sea creatures as she went, though few were dumb enough to attack something that had killed one of the alpha predators' of that region.
Upon beaching it she bound it in magical seals, and began to go to work. Using the purest Tin she could source with her wealth, as well as Silver and Copper, she begin making a skeleton, applying frozen liquid Mercury to the Tin As she molded the metals, forging and cleansing them of impurities, the magical energies infusing metals began to whip up a storm overhead, an expected outcome. Even as the lightning of the heavens began raining down, she continued, before binding the creature she had captured in it!

And so Muu wove her magic, binding it to the sea serpent. As the lightning grew more and more fierce, a giant bolt struck the snake, awakening it and shattering the seals. It once more lashed out, but Muu was ready, triggering the enchantment she had weaved in an instant. The vast vitality of the snake was instantly sucked into the Tin and Mercury, before Muu sent forth a sliver of power to the heavens above, calling down all the gathered lightning on her new Servant. The copper melted into the scales, the Silver drew on moonlight from the suddenly cleared night sky, even as the Tin and Silver melted and hardened in the same instant, contracting around the body to seal it in frozen liquid. even as the magical properties fully fused into the snake, frying it's mind beyond any capacity to resist. It was there, as the snake was caught between death and life that Muu dove in and bound the snake to her Hivemind, bombarding it with Good. And so the snake died, and in it's place was born the Lightning Bolt of Ages, Valk Madu.

Valk Madu is a truly giant example of it's species, glutted on magic inherent to the area it lived in, regularly preying on whales and squid. It has a very primal mind, but there is a deep animal intelligence within it, honed by the centuries it has survived until now.

All of this boils down to an extremely powerful ritual. And the result is rather striking. The snake has been turned into an electrical being, being as much magic as flesh. It's capable of sending lightning bolts flashing out with the whip-quick curves of it's body as afterimages. It can also recover and heal quite easily, perfectly capable of sucking the life out out the foes it kills as fuel and food, and breaking down that it swallows as such to heal. The iron maiden which keeps such energies contained can be damaged to cause it to "bleed", but said armor also protects it from mental attacks and has a passive aura which pushes away negative energy. There is a drawback to how this creation was created. While it can still stay underwater, it can't swim... The metal is far too heavy. Likewise, it isn't as protected as the metal makes it appear, the Mercury/Tin being more supercool liquid than solid metal. It's also weak to hot enough heat as that reduces it's conduction, though is not cold-blooded, given it's blood is lightning. It's a bit lethargic during hot sun-filled days as a result, even with the Mercury/Tin keeping it somewhat cool. Other than that Valk Madu fights like a snake, lunging crushing blows, constriction, and crushing, along with eating prey whole and the occasional expenditure of lightning afterimages or shocks. Do not let your size fool you, it can travel very quickly.

Valk Madu uses 3 Wealth token(s) to procure the metal materials for the ritual/forging. All the Metal!

Edits made to the original. Lightning Snek. Giant Snek. All to Snek.

More seriously, we should be spending, unless someone has a very good idea on what to spend all the wealth on.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 16, 2022, 04:54:26 pm »

Both of the designs Iris and I have voted on have a Wealth Token baked in Tric.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 16, 2022, 05:30:56 pm »

Both of the designs Iris and I have voted on have a Wealth Token baked in Tric.
(3) Hussars of Muu: Kashyyk, Iris, TricMagic
(3) The Dawn Order: Kashyyk, Iris, TricMagic

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 16, 2022, 05:33:17 pm »

(3) Hussars of Muu: Kashyyk, Iris, TricMagic, EuchreJack
(3) The Dawn Order: Kashyyk, Iris, TricMagic, EuchreJack

Is this HAMMER yet?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 16, 2022, 06:05:31 pm »

(3) Hussars of Muu: Kashyyk, Iris, TricMagic, EuchreJack
(3) The Dawn Order: Kashyyk, Iris, EuchreJack

Is this HAMMER yet?

Thinking on it, not a fan of the whole sun iconography.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 16, 2022, 06:13:36 pm »

Longinus' Lance of Light
The Lance of Light is the brainchild of one of our brighter acolytes.
Using an entire Bottle of Sunlight as material to ease the burden on our spellcasters, the spell creates a shaft of light in the user's hand, which is then thrown like a javelin, but with far greater speed (and as a corollary, range). The Lance of Light's shape also provides modest penetration of magical barriers, though as a side effect it tends to overpenetrate mundanes (and ratmen), requiring center mass hits to deal mortal wounds. The Lance also has very slight course correction, a mere few degrees, but enough to make a near miss a hit, a trick we learned is probably useful at such distances. Though of course, as each Lance requires an entire bottle (unless you're Muu) their use must be weighed against other potential uses of the bottled sunlight.
Quote from: Wealth Token
Or we could create a third production facility,  hand out bandoliers to the Acolytes
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 09:08:51 pm by m1895 »

Iris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 16, 2022, 06:25:30 pm »

(4) Hussars of Muu: Kashyyk, Iris, TricMagic, EuchreJack

Fixed the votebox count since it was bothering me.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
But now I'm sinking

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 16, 2022, 06:50:21 pm »

Fixed the votebox count since it was bothering me.

I guess that is accurate, although technically Tric didn't Unvote and might like The Dawn Order under the newly-propsed name of The Tidepool.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 16, 2022, 07:02:37 pm »

Tidal Tridents
The Tidal Tridents are forged from our corals and enchanted to glide like the sunbeams, and return if possible after being thrown. Made in bulk, the heads are soaked in liquid sunlight after spending a day cooling in ocean's tide. As the tide flows in, they are filled with the ocean's might. As it flows out, that power flows out, leaving the mystical channels the liquid sunlight will fill with it's might. It serves as an uncommon addition to the loadout of spearmen and drakegull riders. The power stored within is finite, but it will be injected into those injured by it, causing blood to vaporize. If the trident doesn't kill, you can expect the vaporization to do so shortly after.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 07:30:36 am by TricMagic »

Iris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 16, 2022, 07:55:55 pm »

Hussars have gotten some rewrites!

Quote from: Hussars of Muu, version 2
The Hussars of Muu were once cuttlefish that have been twisted into humanoid form, and are designed to serve as elite light cavalry. They retain many of the abilities they once had - specifically, they are able to use their suckers to latch onto their mounts, and they can emit clouds of obscuring ink to cover their charge (literally clouds - they emit ink as a black fog, and no, Muu isn't sure how she managed to get that to work above-water either): the better to ambush and flank with. The Hussars are designed as mounted cavalry capable of using the new Spears of Light (see further below). After their mutation (which has imparted an instinctive set of combat skills), they have been given intensive training on mounts and the use of the Spears. The Drakegulls that are in use are likewise specially bred for the task. With their specially-bred drakegulls and Spears of Light, they can close on high-value targets and easily deal great damage to powerful Evil units.

The Spears of Light themselves are made of bonewood amalgam that has been introduced to grown coral in the Forge of Cleansing with the attempt to create a polearm that is strong, yet flexible, and able to take enchantment well. They have a single spearhead and a metal shank composed of iron that is of roughly pyramidal shape (greatly resembling a Roman pilum), and they have been weighted to allow them to pierce modest armour from sheer momentum when thrown or used in a charge. Additionally, some Bottled Sunlight has been used in creating them to allow them to have greatly increased lethality against Evil-aligned beings. This has the side-effect of making the Spear shine brightly, hence the name. It is hoped that each Spear of Light will be able to be produced in sufficient quantities to arm each Hussar with half a dozen. Each use of the Spear of Light consumes some of the Bottled Sunlight used in its manufacture; while it is not projected to run out in a battle it will periodically have to be sent back to be reforged if not used. When thrown or on the end of a charge, the stress of impact will cause the Spear to release all of its stores at once, creating an intensive effect that is very damaging in a cone in front of the Spear and essentially burns out the Spear (making them single-use).

The Hussars of Muu are reasonably armed with a steel sabre as a sidearm for close combat along with their Spears as well as protected by a simple-in-design yet well-crafted leather and coral vest (carefully cut to allow them the flexibility their cuttlefish nature gives) as well as a teardrop bonewood-backed coral shield designed to protect them from gullback. Their Spears of Light, when not in use, are strapped to the gull; and there is also a "cup" in the saddle to allow a Spear to be used like a lance.

The use of Bottled Light in the manufacture of the Spears of Light, as well as the intensive training of the Hussars (each squad, due to their alien-bodied nature, must be trained by Muu herself), combine to make the Hussars a rather rare sight on the battlefield. Due to the multiple intensive costs involved in the training and equipping of the Hussars of Muu, we are spending a Wealth Token to obtain additional mirrors for dedicated Bottled Sunlight production and to breed the Drakegulls needed.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 01:54:56 pm by Iris »
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
But now I'm sinking

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 16, 2022, 08:01:44 pm »

(1) Longinus' Lance of Light

Iris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 16, 2022, 08:36:07 pm »

Kash, I hope you don't mind if I rewrite your Dawn Order to be more Muu-themed?

Quote from: Order of the Tidepool
Motherhood is a dangerous and vulnerable time for prince and pauper alike. Muu, in her infinite benevolence as the Twisting Heaven, has come up with a solution for this.

Muu has set up the Order of the Tidepool, planning to take control of midwifery by offering a free and soothing experience for both mother and child. The expert midwives (having received excellent training in the care of both mother and child, as well as intimate knowledge of all rituals and superstitions of the cultures of this land around pregnancy and childbirth) of the Order of the Tidepool will guide the mother through this delicate time by instilling values of community, family, and togetherness - both with other families-to-be and "support groups" that are operated by the Cult of Muu.

The Order gains its name from the use of natural, blessed birthing pools to ease the pain during the most difficult points of a mother's pregnancy. This, combined with the (almost supernatural) atmosphere of their centres combine to give a predisposition towards Good in those who witness or receive their care.

To smoothen out the process of establishing the Order, as well as grease the palms that must be greased, we are spending a Wealth Token.

(2) The Dawn Order: Kashyyk, EuchreJack
(1) Longinus' Lance of Light: m1895
(1) Order of the Tidepool: Iris
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 08:37:44 pm by Iris »
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
But now I'm sinking

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 16, 2022, 09:10:26 pm »

(2) The Dawn Order: Kashyyk, EuchreJack
(1) Longinus' Lance of Light: m1895