Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 34913 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 1: Bwuk Bwuk Little Chickens
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2022, 10:22:12 pm »

Lenglon:  What is your opinion on the strategy of not looking at your role PM until N1?
I think it's a silly thing to do. I think if you do that you won't know if you have a post restriction, won't know if you have day abilities that need to be used D1, and I think the only reason to do it is if you have little self-confidence about your scumgame. I don't think it's alignment indicative though, just personality indicative.

That's a valid assessment.  How then do you feel about policy lynches on lurkers?

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2022, 10:22:44 pm »

Shakerag - Please explain Miller Theory regarding D1 claims.

Uh... I have no idea what that is.

My thoughts on everyone right now generally: Game has just started, so there is nothing to go off of in terms of suspicion. Some people have posted, but not enough.. but reasonable to understand, considering how late it is currently (Eastern US time, for me, specifically)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2022, 10:23:35 pm »

Egan_BW If you were a survivor would you say that or not?

mother-heckker, this is beginner mafia and I'm inexperienced, you tell me what to do in that situation, senpai

But there are no survivors in this setup so if I were one I'd be sending irate PMs to wuba right now.

How are you so certiain there wouldn't be a survivor in this game then?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2022, 10:24:06 pm »

FallacyofUrist - Is EuchreJack a player in this game?

Raises wing, beak open, then... lowers it slowly.

... Right, forgot Tric took his spot. My bad.

New plan.

We can logically assume that TricMagic is either Town or Mafia. A loyal agent or treacherous traitor. Well... since he's so easy to read, let's just badger him until we can make a solid judgement, then either build our core around him or execute him?

TricMagic: What's your alignment? What's your scum-hunting strategy this game?

[1] That seems chaotic.  Are you certain that strategy is in the best interests of town?

[2] That would depend on the conversations of D1 and how people voted on D1.  Would you do differently?

[1]: Oh, no, it probably isn't. That's for sure. But thanks to my curse of always being scum or third party whenever I try to play mafia, I haven't really learned a better methodology yet. I'll be trying to improve on my techniques this game, since it's a Beginner's game, heh.

[2]: Do the results of Night 1 not factor into your methodology? Surely you wouldn't ignore a guilty cop-check.

FallacyofUrist: Why are you cursed to always be scum in webadict games? For that matter, why am I?
Dearest scumbuddy, don't call me out like that! We're supposed to be undercover -

Which is to say that I am not always scum, because I am definitely totally a loyal Town scum hunter this time around.

And I bet you are too.

My thoughts on everyone right now generally: Game has just started, so there is nothing to go off of in terms of suspicion. Some people have posted, but not enough.. but reasonable to understand, considering how late it is currently (Eastern US time, for me, specifically)
A bit early, but I appreciate the enthusiasm!

Shame you're definitely scum.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2022, 10:25:34 pm »

Oh I just realized I missed that.  I stick by the old (relative to this subforum) rules that you always claim miller ASAP.  To do otherwise is to invite doubt.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2022, 10:29:15 pm »

Note that it says in the OP that there are 7 Town and 2 Mafia. Just like the last Beginner's BYOR.

What's the point of this question?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2022, 10:30:44 pm »

[1]: Oh, no, it probably isn't. That's for sure. But thanks to my curse of always being scum or third party whenever I try to play mafia, I haven't really learned a better methodology yet. I'll be trying to improve on my techniques this game, since it's a Beginner's game, heh.

[2]: Do the results of Night 1 not factor into your methodology? Surely you wouldn't ignore a guilty cop-check.

1:  Noted.

2:  To be fair, I did forget about night results.  In so far as cop claims are concerned, I did play in one paranormal game in which I sat on a scum inspect for one night and got a scum inspect on the second night.  It was risky, but it paid off in spades.  I don't think I would try and gamble on that again, to be fair.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2022, 10:31:35 pm »

This is too much of like four people talking. Let me know when Knightwing shows up so I can tell you if he's mafia.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2022, 10:31:52 pm »

Oh I just realized I missed that.  I stick by the old (relative to this subforum) rules that you always claim miller ASAP.  To do otherwise is to invite doubt.
Ah in that case I'm like, omega miller. Inspects show me as mafia, surveys show my action as mafiakill, and tracking shows me as visiting whoever was killed. It's funny actually, I love it.

Survivor is a neutral alignment, only town and mafia alignments exist. Read the OP before playing pls~

Egan_BW - What do you think is the fastest way to end RVS?
Probably for mafia to out themselves, but that's not easy to count on. I'm just going with controlled chaos for now.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2022, 10:32:27 pm »

Note that it says in the OP that there are 7 Town and 2 Mafia. Just like the last Beginner's BYOR.

What's the point of this question?

I may be very drunk.  I suppose that's not relevant then, yeah?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2022, 10:34:02 pm »

1:  Noted.

2:  To be fair, I did forget about night results.  In so far as cop claims are concerned, I did play in one paranormal game in which I sat on a scum inspect for one night and got a scum inspect on the second night.  It was risky, but it paid off in spades.  I don't think I would try and gamble on that again, to be fair.
[1]: It is notable. Since I have basically no town experience, I am effectively a beginner despite having years of games. A frustrating situation, that. Of course, I could be scum and fucking with you, but you know that already.

[2]: What is worth gambling on, in your opinion?

I may be very drunk.  I suppose that's not relevant then, yeah?
Maybe it is.

In that case - what does drunk!Shakerag think sober!Shakerag will think about the situation?
Generic Arms Race.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2022, 10:35:40 pm »

Wait

Webadict Can you confirm there is 7 town and 2 Mafia?  Or can you just confirm there is 2 mafia?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2022, 10:35:50 pm »

Lidku - Miller Theory asks the question of what someone should do if they are town, but have an ability that makes them show up as scum to inspects. There is first) what should someone do if they are themselves a Miller, and second) what should a town player do when someone ELSE claims miller.

What in YOUR opinion, is the correct answer to those questions?

Egan - Why are you claiming to be scum?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 10, 2022, 10:38:28 pm »

Wait

Webadict Can you confirm there is 7 town and 2 Mafia?  Or can you just confirm there is 2 mafia?
There are 7 Town and 2 Mafia. There are no Third Parties.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 10, 2022, 10:38:43 pm »

[2]: What is worth gambling on, in your opinion?

To be perfectly honest, it's been years since I played a game so fuck if I know anymore.  I haven't the foggiest fucking clue what the "meta" is right now.

In that case - what does drunk!Shakerag think sober!Shakerag will think about the situation?
Literally an impossible question.  But as a counter, what information did you think that would give you?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 64