Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 34877 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 1: Bwuk Bwuk Little Chickens
« Reply #180 on: July 11, 2022, 04:02:50 pm »

Shakerag: can you verify that Max is always this worthless regardless of alignment?

Imma be honest with you; it's been so long since I played my last game I don't know if I could give a meta read on anyone anymore.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 11, 2022, 04:05:33 pm »

Shakerag: can you verify that Max is always this worthless regardless of alignment?

Imma be honest with you; it's been so long since I played my last game I don't know if I could give a meta read on anyone anymore.
Fair.
FoU - What is the Maximum Spin normal meta?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 11, 2022, 04:34:34 pm »

You aren't this stupid, so stop pretending that you can't read. I've explained this twice already, I have no need to bother humoring you a third time.
Okay, let me be clearer. I think your argument is retarded and obviously wrong, so I'm not going to pay any more attention to it.
This is a beginner's mafia game. There is obviously a town-friendly purpose to pointing out patterns for beginners to notice them. You just flatly assert "there's no town-friendly purpose to it!" without any basis, why should I give that any value? If you can't see the town-friendly purpose, that's your problem.

And other obvious lies. Do you honestly think I or anyone else is impressed with your "case" on me?
Yes, I think most people can see what you're doing even without my pointing it out. Maybe I give them too much credit. Of course, I don't care about impressing you, as I don't expect you to vote for yourself.

To be sure, I don't know whether others will vote for you this turn, but I'm sure they'll all remember this later, when it counts.

Not particularly. You're being unhelpful, as usual. Lenglon is getting onto you about that MaxSpin.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 11, 2022, 04:43:45 pm »

Tric - I asked you questions after your first post, please answer them.

In addition. You just said that Max is behaving in a normal manner for Max, implying that my case is actually based on nulltells instead of scumtells. If you think that, why are you voting Max?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 11, 2022, 04:44:56 pm »

You're being unhelpful, as usual.
Really.

I actually finally have something I can do to be helpful on d1: Read Knightwing. And I did that. That's more helpful than anyone else has been so far.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 11, 2022, 05:07:01 pm »

Murderize scum and be fabulous.

I don't think that Fallacy is scum, though. Unvote.

Why don't you think I'm scum, Egan? As much as I enjoy your mafia persona, this response is a bit too casual and unjustified. I could be planning to stab you in the wing right this instant.

I actually finally have something I can do to be helpful on d1: Read Knightwing. And I did that. That's more helpful than anyone else has been so far.
... Anyone could have done that?

I think my vote is most useful on you right now, Maximum Spin. I believe that makes three. Personally I'm not ready to execute you, but Lenglon has made enough good points about your engagement (or rather the lack thereof) with the material posted that the switch is worthwhile to create pressure.

Really, I know that this is in line with your meta, but at the same time, using that as an excuse to reduce your engagement would be a perfectly reasonable scum tactic.

If you are town? Tell me who's scum. Top three picks, actually. You can include me if you want, just have decent reasons for it.

I'm hunting you, dumbass
Why?

Fair.
FoU - What is the Maximum Spin normal meta?

Yes, Lenglon, this is... pretty much it. Standoffish, prideful about his perceived ability to be logical, and preferential towards avoiding 'noise', as I might term it.

That's not to say that he wouldn't be more engaged while still fitting this pattern if he were town, though, which is why I'm willing to join my vote with yours for the time being. I don't think he's produced any useful content thus far, unfortunately. Maybe the pressure will make him engage more.

Worst case scenario that's a valid policy execution, it's just that I'd prefer to either have more substantial reasons to take him out, that or finding a better target after Max manages to justify himself well enough.

It's a start?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 11, 2022, 05:11:09 pm »

general PSA: if you don't understand my case, and can't at the barest minimum rephase the same accusations in your own words, then you should not just vote the person I'm voting. Doing so is a bandwagon vote, and is a sign of lazy scum taking advantage of when two townies attack each other. I DO want Max lynched, else I wouldn't be voting him (obviously), but if you just say "Lenglon's right lets lynch Max", you are doing the entire town a disservice. Following an argument that you don't understand only helps the mafia. Either my argument is good or it's not. If it's not, then don't agree with me! Say why I'm right, or why I'm wrong, or even just what part of my case confuses you! Anything but "Yeah Lenglon's right lets vote Max!"

I say this now because I didn't like Tric's (lack of) reason for voting the same person I'm voting, but it does apply accross the board.

Web: could we please get a votecount? I'm concerned that we're quite close to hammer at this time.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 11, 2022, 05:21:16 pm »

Unvote. Quick check shows, you, NJW, Tric, and me on Max, and that's one vote off from hammer. I'd rather not have someone accidentally execute Max within something like the first 24 hours of the day.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 11, 2022, 05:24:19 pm »

Why don't you think I'm scum, Egan? As much as I enjoy your mafia persona, this response is a bit too casual and unjustified. I could be planning to stab you in the wing right this instant.

Perhaps i should say that I'm not sufficiently convinced that you're scum. I have two votes so I should be a little cautious with them, don't you think?

I do think there's some logic to the idea that there's scum between you and Shakerag (and me, from an outside perspective), as Max said. Though obviously he should have explained why first off and his reaction to being asked to explain why is strange. I know that I said that he's acting his usual self but it does seem a bit stronger than usual by my money.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 11, 2022, 05:26:44 pm »

Unvote. Quick check shows, you, NJW, Tric, and me on Max, and that's one vote off from hammer. I'd rather not have someone accidentally execute Max within something like the first 24 hours of the day.

Means we're still in hammer range if I vote, right? Careful of that. If I were scum and Max weren't, this could be an awkward situation.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 11, 2022, 05:32:33 pm »

I think Max is town. They normally act like this.

I don’t think it’s Lenglon either though. I think it’s just a difference in how they play the game.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 11, 2022, 05:41:28 pm »

Knightwing64 - Please stop ignoring my questions.
So you think Tric is acting scummy right now, since you trust them?
Also, what are your thoughts about Shakerag vs Egan?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 11, 2022, 05:44:18 pm »

Perhaps i should say that I'm not sufficiently convinced that you're scum. I have two votes so I should be a little cautious with them, don't you think?

I do think there's some logic to the idea that there's scum between you and Shakerag (and me, from an outside perspective), as Max said. Though obviously he should have explained why first off and his reaction to being asked to explain why is strange. I know that I said that he's acting his usual self but it does seem a bit stronger than usual by my money.

Means we're still in hammer range if I vote, right? Careful of that. If I were scum and Max weren't, this could be an awkward situation.
Egan - Why are you making implied threats to FoU instead of answering his question?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 11, 2022, 05:53:40 pm »

Is that not an answer? I suspect Fal some from the way he jumped in between me and shakerag, but I'm not certain enough to put doublevotes on him.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #194 on: July 11, 2022, 05:58:30 pm »

Alright, back from the mall. Alot of posts have been flung around and it seems everyone is centering toward Max?

Also, Lenglon is acting kind of aggro.. Could be a town demeanor... but I feel like it's way too early to be acting this aggressive. On a D1 one, there is nothing to really go off of.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 64