Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 34865 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 1: Bwuk Bwuk Little Chickens
« Reply #330 on: July 12, 2022, 09:05:13 pm »

Would you answer mine?
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 12, 2022, 09:06:22 pm »

Would you answer mine?

Yes, what’s your question?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 12, 2022, 09:07:06 pm »

I’m not annoyed at Leng because of OMGUS, but because they are such a fucking asshole.

I feel like Egan’s claim is kinda weird, but I think it could be true. Or it could be a incredibly daring attempt to appear so obviously scummy so that you aren’t seen as scummy
for the love of.
Knightwing: Why do you insist on making me have to repeat myself over and and over over before you will actually answer the world's most basic questions you brainless muppet? Do you not have any follow-up to what you asked me in your last post? Do you have some kind of reading deficiency? Is the only reason you won't answer the world's most basic questions because you haven't been voted for it yet? Really? Got it Knightwing you have successfully frustrated me enough to get voted out of simple irritation at your flat refusal to have anything to do with actually progressing the game. Fix your shit you fucking dumbass.

Apparently, I am a brainless dumbass muppet with a reading deficiency who needs to fix my shit because I don’t want to answer the same damn question 10 times.

I’m sorry I have nothing to add, I don’t have much to go on other then the fact I dislike you.

This is a good time to interject.  Emotions can run high in these games, but I think everyone should -not- take what happens personally. 

I see where you're coming from, so might be a good idea to just interact with other players for a minute and put Lenglon to the side.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 12, 2022, 09:08:42 pm »

I'd definitely concur that we're not no-lynching, under any circumstances.

Knightwing is not a viable lynch target for me. Of currently voted people I'm not already voting for, I guess I'm most comfortable lynching... TricMagic, maybe Lenglon. I'd be open to suspecting Lidku over passive play, but I guess he should get some Noob Slack. Shakerag and Knightwing are town to me. Fallacy and NJW are both looking bad to me but seem mutually exclusive and I'm not sure which I should distrust. Then again, maybe that's the angle.

I... don't actually know why I'm voting Egan right now. I agree with what I SAID in the morning, but I don't know why I put a vote on it, I don't think it quite deserved that. I tend to be a little rash first thing in the morning. After the last several hours, he's definitely slid down my ranking of interest.

I do think Lenglon is being a dick. I don't know that I'd say that's lynchable in its own right outside some idea of a scum meta (like ToonyMan's), but I wouldn't call this normal town "aggression", and I do kind of want to get it out of the game.

I'm going to vote TricMagic for now, but I'm open to alternatives. Is anyone left not voting?

Maximum Spin:
Anyway, as self-appointed god of Knightwing's meta, I do want to reiterate that Knightwing looks town. Getting mad at him isn't worth wasting the lynch.
There have people in this game with little confidence in your D1 play.  Why are you confident that Knightwing64 looks town?
My Town Knightwing Radar is extremely effective, as webadict himself learned. Scum Knightwing is never this confident and direct; he tends to cover weakness with jokey disengagement. Like NJW accused Fallacy of doing before. I realize it's hard to take my word for it, but I really don't think he's learned to fake his town persona this well yet.

... Did Lidku ever answer me about Tric? I'm sure I read all his posts, but I may have forgotten the actual answer if he did. I admit he IS under my radar at the moment because of that low engagement. He needs to post more.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 12, 2022, 09:10:59 pm »

Warning number two, y'all. Civility. You're Secret AGENT Chickens, not Secret ANGRY Chickens, amirite?

The ice is thin, and we don't need to get more heated and melt it.

Pills of the chillest variety.

One more warning, and I'm issuing timeouts.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 12, 2022, 09:11:58 pm »

Noted, and could we get a votecount please?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 12, 2022, 09:12:02 pm »

Lenglon I'm pretty sure, as far as I know, Knightwing64 is fairly new to this subforum.  I think you might be drilling a touch too hard.  More carrot and less whip, perhaps?
I suppose that's fair. I did attempt to give him a walkthrough of how to answer the question effectively, and his refusal to even make an attempt even after I put in the effort to filter through several old games to find as close of a match to his own situation as possible so that he'd have a good example, write two paragraphs to explain exactly what's going on and give him a guide on how to do it, and even write a second example of how to do things in the same post without directly calling attention to it so try to help protect his pride is what triggered me to get so aggressive against him. To my eyes, he lost the benefit of the doubt that he maybe just didn't know how to respond to this kind of thing, and so it's now a simple and direct active refusal, which is why the policy-lynch vote. I am fully prepared to retract my vote if he changes his tune.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 12, 2022, 09:12:29 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Knightwing64 - 3 - Lenglon*, Egan_BW*,
TricMagic - 2 - Shakerag*, Maximum Spin*,
FallacyofUrist - 1 - NJW2000*,
Lenglon - 1 - Knightwing64*,
NJW2000 - 1 - FallacyofUrist*,
Egan_BW - 0 -
Lidku - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
Shakerag - 0 -
No One - 1 - TricMagic*,

Not Voting - 1 - Lidku,

5 to Hammer. Day ends on July 13, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (22 hours and 47 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 12, 2022, 09:14:48 pm »

Would you answer mine?

Yes, what’s your question?

This post:

Well, I haven't had much actual activity for the past IRL day or two, just answering questions I see. Anyone pick up on that? Just been feeling low energy and it's difficult for me to find the thread in this much activity without anything actually happening yet.

Knightwing (1x vote if that's allowed please?) and Lidku: It appears that you haven't made any votes yet this day, according to Mamobo at least. Is there a reason for this? I believe it's a good idea to use votes as pressure.

I feel like I should argue that Egan scum + FOU town should be discounted somehow, but maybe that's just because I already know my alignment. Omega Miller is a kinda extraordinary claim, I'm not sure if I could have thought of it without at least scumbuddy help it requires at least going through Wuba's OP carefully and checking what kinds of information powers exist and I'm not that committed to this game.

I'd feel a little suspicious of FOU for maybe copying the tracker part of my power. Honestly, if he is scum I don't feel like getting him outta here immediately anyways, let a fellow cursed player have a little fun.

reads: somewhat spooked by Max, Fal, Knight and Lidku. Just feels, you know. Activity is a bit too high for me to really remember everything which has happened so I'm not sure if I can bring up a more intelligent analysis right now. Have my monke feels instead.

I'm going to vote TricMagic for now, but I'm open to alternatives. Is anyone left not voting?
Lidku appears to be making a policy of not voting D1. Apply newbie slack as you see fit, but I personally don't see it as being your style.
Knightwing hasn't voted, and hasn't replied to my question asking why not yet. Hop- Oh wait, he did vote Leng after the vote count and I missed it.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 12, 2022, 09:16:14 pm »

Lenglon I'm pretty sure, as far as I know, Knightwing64 is fairly new to this subforum.  I think you might be drilling a touch too hard.  More carrot and less whip, perhaps?
I suppose that's fair. I did attempt to give him a walkthrough of how to answer the question effectively, and his refusal to even make an attempt even after I put in the effort to filter through several old games to find as close of a match to his own situation as possible so that he'd have a good example, write two paragraphs to explain exactly what's going on and give him a guide on how to do it, and even write a second example of how to do things in the same post without directly calling attention to it so try to help protect his pride is what triggered me to get so aggressive against him. To my eyes, he lost the benefit of the doubt that he maybe just didn't know how to respond to this kind of thing, and so it's now a simple and direct active refusal, which is why the policy-lynch vote. I am fully prepared to retract my vote if he changes his tune.

I understand, but again, beginner's game.  No need to go full super sayan here. 

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #340 on: July 12, 2022, 09:18:22 pm »

Quote from: Shakerag
From experience, scum absolutely loves to lynch (or NK) active players because active players sniff out scum.  Are you nervous that Lenglon is so aggresive?  If you were town you'd appreciate her levels of activity.

It just seems to me it's just breaking Town cohesion and trust. I'm just coming from a place of wanting the rising vitriol to just simmer down a bit. And being active and aggressive are two things, different things at that. Activity is a bonus for a Town overall, but as I broached before, wanton aggressive.. especially on D1.. is just making things messy right now. I just feel like they're is a lot of potential Town infighting going on at the moment. If I were the Mafia and Lenglon truly is Town, I'd actually dine just to leave them alive JUST for their aggression alone.

Quote from: Shakerag
And if everyone is passive on D1 we have nothing to go on.  I'm not saying you're scum, but you might not have the right attitude.  I will be watching you in the future.

And there is nothing to go off of regardless, in terms of everyone being aggressive or passive. Even though I'm new to Mafia overall, I politely disagree that D1 is effective at all in the investigative method. I just prefer mechanically solving, especially since in the last BYOR game doing that is what almost led to a Town victory; the Town in that game only lost when I fell for the manipulations of Jim Groovester and believed that mechanically solving was useless.. when the whole time he was deceiving me otherwise.

I just consider mechanically solving and figuring out who did what on D2 and building off of that to be the most effective.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 12, 2022, 09:18:29 pm »

Looks like I'm either not allowed to singlevote or mamobo doesn't understand when I ask politely, silly bot.
I'm fine with my current doublevote on Knightwing though, it at least averts a large parallel tie.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 12, 2022, 09:19:11 pm »

The only reason I talked about Egan was because I was annoyed and wanted to throw your words on a random person.

Look, I already told you this. I’m not a expert mafia player, i don’t have deep and smart reasons for why I believe things. I told you this. You then asked the same question over, and over, and over again.

Then you voted me because I was tired of responding to you.

Forgive me for being a little miffed, alright?

Also, Egan… buddy, I did vote. The vote count is literally right below your post. Come on.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 12, 2022, 09:20:47 pm »

I'm not 100% comfortable with a Knightwing64 lynch, but that's mostly because they're new and, additionally, from a meta perspective I'd like them to play for longer. 

Egan_BW:  Would you summarize what is making you vote Knightwing64? 

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 12, 2022, 09:21:24 pm »

in the last BYOR game doing that is what almost led to a Town victory; the Town in that game only lost when I fell for the manipulations of Jim Groovester and believed that mechanically solving was useless.. when the whole time he was deceiving me otherwise.

I just consider mechanically solving and figuring out who did what on D2 and building off of that to be the most effective.

As I recall the opposite happened, you suspected Jim based on your intuition and his behavior, but were fooled by Jim being a Godfather who inspects as town, and he used that to gaslight you. You should have paid attention to your gut, rather than trusting the mechanics.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 64