Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 34921 times)

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 1: Bwuk Bwuk Little Chickens
« Reply #465 on: July 13, 2022, 06:14:36 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Egan_BW - 4 - TricMagic*, Maximum Spin*, FallacyofUrist*, Shakerag*,
FallacyofUrist - 3 - NJW2000*, Egan_BW*,
Lenglon - 1 - Knightwing64*,
TricMagic - 1 - Lidku*,
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Lidku - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
NJW2000 - 0 -
Shakerag - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 1 - Lenglon*,

6 to Hammer. Day ends on July 13, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (1 hours and 45 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 13, 2022, 06:20:28 pm »

Fallacy

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 13, 2022, 06:21:12 pm »

Just a gut feeling, but I think Egan is town. Or scum who has given up.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 13, 2022, 06:24:12 pm »

Just a gut feeling, but I think Egan is town. Or scum who has given up.
The latter is the opposite of helpful Knightwing.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 13, 2022, 06:35:56 pm »

Fallacy
Knightwing, are you aware that if the vote is tied at the end of the day, scum decide who is executed? You just tied the vote.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 13, 2022, 06:38:09 pm »

Fallacy
Knightwing, are you aware that if the vote is tied at the end of the day, scum decide who is executed? You just tied the vote.

Yes. I’m counting on Leng. They haven’t voted yet, and I would like to see their thoughts. If they don’t vote, I’ll just change my vote in a bit.

:)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 13, 2022, 06:40:39 pm »

Lenglon, What do you think?
You don't have any need to ask this Knightwing. I posted my reads list here and there is exactly one piece of data we've gotten since then, though I do admit it's a bit of a complex and even now still evolving piece of data. We are getting to see various people's panic behaviors, and what their priorities are under pressure as the moment of the lynch draws near. What's happening right now is the last, and absolutely the most valuable, piece of information we're going to get from Day 1. You should be looking carefully for who is acting out of character for themselves, or changing their tune from the rest of the day as a whole, and be attempting to figure out WHY they're doing that.

As always with most things mafia, and especially with Day 1 things, WHY is the most important question.

Lenglon, What do you think?
I'd suggest using your own reasoning to make a decision instead of relying on everyone else's. You're here to learn, aye? Use the reasoning of others to support your own reasoning, but not to replace it.

You can join Shakerag and push Egan down, or join with Egan and vote me (and tie the vote again, which is bad). Or you can even come up with a third, separate case and see if you can convince people to go along with it.

Your role isn't your only set of powers - your words are power, too. It's up to you to use them well.

This piece of advice may be coming from one of the potential lynch targets, but I will vouch for it being good advice anyway.

Egan - I am voting you because of a couple things. For one, as listed when I posted my reads, I have mixed opinions regarding if you are scum or town whereas for me personally FoU has seemed quite towney with all their interactions, analysis, and generally how they've carried themselves all day today. Secondly, I find FoU's form of miller claim easilly acceptable, far more acceptable than your every extreme one, and I don't consider waiting to make his claim until the middle of the day scummy since there still was plenty of time in Day 1. Thirdly, I dislike the lack of reason you had when you decided to turn on FoU. You had been holding your vote in a very considered fashion all day, but when you finally do place it for the day's end lynch your reasons were literally:
FallacyofUrist
ur scum copying my miller claim, cly
Which honestly is not enough to form a lynch case on someone with. Fourth, as I hinted indirectly when talking knightwing through meta-reads, I've been leaving you mostly alone today to give you the space I thought you would need to provide good reads and analysis, with the expectation that around now you'd have posted something similar to the reads list I posted earlier, showing your in-depth thoughts about each player. This expected analysis never came, which could easilly be a sign of a scum player that think they aren't under scrutiny never actually bothering to build a set of believable reads in the first place.

I also will now put on the table the reason I had you marked as "(L) Special" earlier, which I had previously actively decided to keep to myself until Day 2.
The 5 hammer count was only correct at Day start.  All others should have been 6.
Noted, and I have a theory about why this might be the case, but would like to keep it to myself until tomorrow.
This theory is that you did not start the day with a doublevote, and that you gained doublevote status with the cost of permanently becoming an omega-miller as a day-activated ability. This theory also was the reason I was prepared to accept your omega-miller claim, it seemed like a reasonable price for the extra power, and to me it looked like a perfectly likely role for a player to have. And so in case you didn't notice, I've been treating you like a Mayor all day, and I kept this theory to myself because I wanted to avoid having you targeted. I personally have no major issue with either of our miller claims in a vaccum.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 13, 2022, 06:41:08 pm »

Putting things in Lenglon's hands? Okay.

I think I'm willing to trust you on that. If they haven't shown up in, say... thirty minutes, an hour, you'll move your vote to Egan? Does that sound fair?

Ninjad - well will you look at that.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 13, 2022, 06:42:22 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Egan_BW - 5 - TricMagic*, Maximum Spin*, FallacyofUrist*, Shakerag*, Lenglon*,
FallacyofUrist - 4 - NJW2000*, Egan_BW*, Knightwing64*,
TricMagic - 1 - Lidku*,
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Lenglon - 0 -
Lidku - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
NJW2000 - 0 -
Shakerag - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 0 -

6 to Hammer. Day ends on July 13, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (1 hours and 17 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 13, 2022, 06:45:13 pm »

Hm. Egan, what is your response to this?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 13, 2022, 06:51:40 pm »

It's fairly close. The reason why I didn't have double votes was because I started with a list of 5 powers I could pick 3 from during day 1. In exchange for being Omega Miller.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 13, 2022, 06:52:21 pm »

I immediately picked double votes and two other autos, because I don't like thinking.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 13, 2022, 07:01:27 pm »

I'll be honest, your claim is never the reason I voted you. It was always about your behavior, you know?

You just weren't proactive enough, and your attack on me was just... 'miller bad'.

Cool role though.
Generic Arms Race.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 13, 2022, 07:01:33 pm »

It's fairly close. The reason why I didn't have double votes was because I started with a list of 5 powers I could pick 3 from during day 1. In exchange for being Omega Miller.
I immediately picked double votes and two other autos, because I don't like thinking.
I can completely buy this. It seems very much like a Web thing to do, and you did breadcrumb it earlier as well when explaining what would happen if you were tracked. As I said before, my primary reasons for voting you over FoU are behavior-based, not claim-based. You do still have the problem of the Omega-miller status being so extreme that we aren't able verify you as town in any mechanical way. It's entirely reliant on your dayplay, so when you don't present a solid daygame set of insights, reads, interactions, and reasons, then we are kinda forced to vote you out. Leaving you in if we don't trust your dayplay introduces a world of WIFOM. Sorry. I think your role sounds very interesting, and was hoping we could see it in action as the game went on, but the dayplay presented by FoU seems to me to be more towny than the dayplay you have presented, and if necessary there are ways to check if FoU is actually town mechanically, and there aren't any for you.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 13, 2022, 07:04:26 pm »

... Hah... Pretty sure Egan could be town if they are telling the truth about their role.. Can they be rolecopped?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 64