Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 34849 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 2: Pecking Orders
« Reply #525 on: July 15, 2022, 12:22:39 am »

Today was hell for me, and I don't have the energy to properly engage with people until the morning, I see the Ruler situation, please ignore it for now and go ahead and either vote or FoS anyone you would like to vote. I'm not going to promise that I'll go with the group consensus but I will promise that I will not ignore it, and I also promise that I will not place my vote until sometime during the final 24 hours of the day. I see the Max / FoU night action interaction, and have thoughts on it but want to wait to voice my opinion until any other night result claims have been made.

Lidku - you mentioned yesterday that you find it easier to engage in the more mechanical analysis part of the game, I'd like to hear your input in what you think happened last night between Max and FoU, and I'd also like to hear what you think of people's actions near the end of day yesterday, now that we know that Egan was town. From what you were saying before, this should be right up your alley.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #526 on: July 15, 2022, 02:54:16 am »

Lidku - you mentioned yesterday that you find it easier to engage in the more mechanical analysis part of the game, I'd like to hear your input in what you think happened last night between Max and FoU, and I'd also like to hear what you think of people's actions near the end of day yesterday, now that we know that Egan was town. From what you were saying before, this should be right up your alley.

I find FallacyofUrist very suspicious at the moment, for the fact that he was able to target someone who the Town apparently wasn't allowed to target. Also, FallacyofUrist outright admits to being able to use abilities on Maximum Spin, along with dubious claims that he has "Mafiakill" but it doesn't actually let him kill at all. Maybe he's lying and he was blocked by someone?

But I also find it strange on the reasons HOW Maximum Spin got to be able to not be targetable at all.. it's really odd.. Did someone target him that way, just so he could even look more suspicious, considering the fact on how much you suspected him as scum in the beginning? Isolate him? I'm generally not sure.

As for everyone else, I cannot be sure until everyone begins posting what they have done during the Night. I myself just did nothing last night, as I felt I had no good options to do anything with my abilities that time.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 15, 2022, 05:21:08 am »

A newbie who's never played a normal game of mafia and rolled miller didn't have a constructive playstyle D1? Nani-desu? Or whatever exclamation of surprise furries use?

Yes, that is correct. Well, not the 'try to kill you' part. But I did act on you last night. Regardless, I am town.
Let me get this straight. You have an auto that makes all your mafiakill powers not kill?

And you targeted Max? A person not targetable by town players? Is there a reason you're not being a bit more specific about how your auto works, given how this looks? Yes/no answer to that one would be fine.

Importantly, did you actually hit Max?

By the way...

MaximumSpin: do you have any abilities that action? I'm guessing you must.

There's something else that I heard in the night that I need explained, but I might wait to see if anyone claims it first, I guess.

I'm starting to really doubt the advisability of doing high-powered semi-bastard BYOR games for beginners.
One wheel short of a wagon

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 15, 2022, 06:30:03 am »

NJW: I claim it, but I don't have any feedback on the results, you're the only one with that. What did the alignment-inspect of FoU, who claimed  that his actions, and noteably ONLY his actions, would come up as Mafia, say?

So why did you want me outed as having an inspect?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 15, 2022, 07:35:06 am »

Web: could Mamobo please still track who the people with 0 vote power are currently voting for, and simply have their vote be valued at 0, instead of not listing their votes at all for today?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 15, 2022, 07:56:59 am »

Eh, I might as well reveal my role too.

My role is God of Mafia

Lenglon is a ruler because I used a one shot night ability on her called “The Royal We”

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #531 on: July 15, 2022, 08:36:38 am »

My role is God of Mafia

Lenglon is a ruler because I used a one shot night ability on her called “The Royal We”

That's interesting. I thought it was an ability she gave herself.

What was the particular reason for giving her this ability? Is it because you trust her the most as Town, or something else?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 15, 2022, 08:43:19 am »

My role is God of Mafia

I trusted the most as town.
That's interesting. I thought it was an ability she gave herself.

What was the particular reason for giving her this ability? Is it because you trust her the most as Town, or something else?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 15, 2022, 08:43:50 am »

Oops.

Yeah, I trusted her the most as town, and the ability couldn’t self target, so….

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 15, 2022, 09:25:58 am »

I think I accidentally confirmed Lenglon is town with my ability.

I'm now acting as her bodyguard, so the next kill action she is targeted with will kill me instead.  Also my ability specifically mentions I can only use it on people on the same team as me. 

I didn't expect it, but webadict send me a PM overnight that my use of the ability was successful. 

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 15, 2022, 09:33:47 am »

Which was probably smart, since Lenglon's the most likely to be town out of all of us.

That said, I did nothing last night, even if I had some misunderstanding about my role.

Here's the list of roles from last game. I'm pretty much immune to nightkills now. And lynches. Well, unless I'm lying, but I hope to prove myself town enough my results can be trusted. I can use Sketch to confirm night actions, as an example. Alternatively, the Crystal Ball to redirect actions onto me.

To Webadict, if Restless Dead give an extra vote. Can this turn the tide of a 1v1? Not saying I have it, or that you can't just PM me the answer.

One thing I can't copy is Kill actions. Or actions that have a prerequisite, though more the fact I'd need to copy both.

I can also pick up Introspection to Track, or Balance in All Things if I want to try and game a coin-flip. Or Dragon Cloak to just outright block non-super actions. {P-1} is a ell of a rug.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 15, 2022, 09:58:52 am »

NJW: I claim it, but I don't have any feedback on the results, you're the only one with that. What did the alignment-inspect of FoU, who claimed  that his actions, and noteably ONLY his actions, would come up as Mafia, say?

So why did you want me outed as having an inspect?
I didn't... you outed yourself as having an inspect. I was going to see if anyone wanted to claim it as a one-shot, a passive, a weird part of their role, whatever. Whispering an alignment is usually a townie thing to do, and someone might have wanted the credit. I think I made it clear that I was letting people claim it, not demanding they do so. In any case, I really doubt having an inspect is that rare this game.

I thought it was to do with the weird night interaction between Web and Fallacy. If nobody claimed it, I'd still have announced it for very obvious reasons. Anyway, @everyone:

According to the night PM I received from Webadict, FallacyofUrist is town.

I don't know yet if that can be 100% trusted, I'm waiting on a reply.

The only way I can confirm what I did during the night is by giving a very detailed account of FoU's blocking/mafiakill action. My role isn't that powerful N1.
So: Mug is P3/P7 and blocks actions as well as killing the target. FoU should be ok with revealing this, and I'm fairly sure it's a 1-shot anyhow.
I guess that fits with FoU's story.
One wheel short of a wagon

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 15, 2022, 10:28:24 am »

NJW fair enough, and it actually was a 1-shot (P -1, meaning it bypasses most attempts to block, redirect, or otherwise give false results.)
I used it on FoU because I wanted to clear up everybody's WIFOM about FoU, and sent the result to you because you were the leader of pushing the case against FoU. I didn't claim it initially because I wanted to see your initial reaction and thoughts while you were lacking that information.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 15, 2022, 10:41:50 am »

According to the night PM I received from Webadict, FallacyofUrist is town.

Ok, maybe I missed something on my re-read but this only further confuses me as to how FallacyofUrist was able to target MaximumSpin...

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 15, 2022, 10:48:01 am »

Claims summary:

FoU - all actions are mafiakills, use abilities as though mafia-aligned, including mafiakills. mafiakill abilities do not kill. Targeted Max N1, unrevealed interaction with Max, showed as town to Lenglon's inspect.
Knightwing - Kingmaker
Lenglon - one-shot super-inspect (used on FoU(town)), results were given to NJW
Lidku - no action N1
Max - commuter, did NOT perform crane-action, 1-shot mafiakill vest (used), knows what action is attempted upon them, unrevealed interaction with FoU.
NJW - inspected FoU's action, received Lenglon's inspection's results, claims result shows FoU as town.
Shake - bodyguard same team, used on Lenglon.
Tric - omega-JOAT

is this correct?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 64