Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 34834 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 2: Pecking Orders
« Reply #540 on: July 15, 2022, 10:59:09 am »

Web: could Mamobo please still track who the people with 0 vote power are currently voting for, and simply have their vote be valued at 0, instead of not listing their votes at all for today?
I can.  I don't like it, but I can.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 15, 2022, 11:11:25 am »

Mechanically, which is not reliable in the type of game we are currently in, I am the most suspicious of Lidku and Tric, followed by NJW. Max is from my perspective delegated to FoU as FoU's problem to determine if he's town or not, and I consider FoU town at this time. Knightwing's action here is heavily anti-mafia from my perspective since he could have made his scumbuddy Ruler instead, and I know that I'm town so I don't have to worry about that particular piece of WIFOM, and so I'm comfortable leaving Knightwing as Max's problem and assuming that he'stown for now. Shakerag's claim is a little shakey :P, but his day1 behavior was solid enough to render him above suspicion to my eyes for now, I fully invite anyone that is not as convinced that shake is town as I am to follow-up on him though. NJW's claim is weakened by the fact that he could have gotten the same information by being scumbuddies with either Max or FoU, and could simply have false-reported FoU as town if they're the team. However if we go down that road the ONLY possible lynch would by NJW and not FoU, since if FoU came up town it would not clear NJW but if NJW came up town it would clear FoU. However, the odd pair out are Tric and Lidku, who have claimed no-actions on the night with no kills, which is why mechanically they are my top suspects at this time.

Web: could Mamobo please still track who the people with 0 vote power are currently voting for, and simply have their vote be valued at 0, instead of not listing their votes at all for today?
I can.  I don't like it, but I can.
It would help me out if you did please, I would like the rest of the town to have input, and to avoid a repeat of the Revolution game where when I had the only vote that mattered everyone else in the game quit trying to scumhunt.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 15, 2022, 11:14:23 am »

Claims summary:

FoU - all actions are mafiakills, use abilities as though mafia-aligned, including mafiakills. mafiakill abilities do not kill. Targeted Max N1, unrevealed interaction with Max, showed as town to Lenglon's inspect.
Knightwing - Kingmaker
Lenglon - one-shot super-inspect (used on FoU(town)), results were given to NJW
Lidku - no action N1
Max - commuter, did NOT perform crane-action, 1-shot mafiakill vest (used), knows what action is attempted upon them, unrevealed interaction with FoU.
NJW - inspected FoU's action, received Lenglon's inspection's results, claims result shows FoU as town.
Shake - bodyguard same team, used on Lenglon.
Tric - omega-JOAT

is this correct?

In so far as mine, I think so, although I'm asking webadict some additional questions.  Seems like I could also have gotten a success message if I was redirected to a different valid target?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 15, 2022, 11:15:07 am »

Importantly, did you actually hit Max?
I just want to confirm the answer is yes. If he hadn't, the Thing We Both Say Happened wouldn't have happened.
MaximumSpin: do you have any abilities that action? I'm guessing you must.
Not at this juncture. Which means I'll presumably be hidden again tonight unless someone gives me an action.
So: Mug is P3/P7 and blocks actions as well as killing the target. [...] I'm fairly sure it's a 1-shot
That's what it does and the priority, but it isn't 1-shot. It's shotted, but he has more of it.
Max - commuter, did NOT perform crane-action, 1-shot mafiakill vest (used), knows what action is attempted upon them, unrevealed interaction with FoU.
is this correct?
Not exactly. I don't have some kind of vest, it's just the commuting - if I just kept commuting and never did anything useful, I'm unkillable without a super and mafia would have to either use a super or live with me in their lylo field. (Or get me lynched. Please don't do that.) And I don't learn all actions used on me, unfortunately, only ones which trigger my role in a certain way.

I don't really know how to feel about this inspect result, but I do admit Fallacy's role claim is something I could believe he would ask for and something I could believe webadict would do. So I guess I have to spiritually unvote. I do kind of want to point out that we only have Fallacy's word that the kill wouldn't have really killed if I hadn't been hidden; it was presented to me entirely as if it would, including in flavour. But at this point, Lenglon's the one who had the inspect, so Lenglon's the one who can decide if the result is probably right. And sorry if you didn't really try to kill me, Fallacy. You must understand that everything said you did.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 15, 2022, 11:26:48 am »

But at this point, Lenglon's the one who had the inspect, so Lenglon's the one who can decide if the result is probably right.
I have made public every piece of information I have from that inspect. It's a P (-1), inspects target 1, gives the results to target 2, 1-shot. It was used on FoU as target 1, sent results to NJW as target 2. NJW says the result he recieved was that FoU is town. So you are equally as qualified as I am to say if it's a reliable result or not.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 15, 2022, 11:32:35 am »

A reminder, last game Godfather existed. So Fal literally screwing with the results is within reason. If I was mafia I could also screw with the results via picking up Jim's passive.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 15, 2022, 11:37:05 am »

Tric - do you mind giving a summary of your analysis of everyone and the overall gamestate we're in? Also, why did you perform no actions last night?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 15, 2022, 11:44:07 am »

@Lenglon: the summary was correct for me, although I'm not necessarily going to say precisely which power gave me that information.

Web has told me abilities may cause messages to be inaccurate, so I don't 100% trust the result about FoU. It does tell us something about what Lenglon did last night though, so that's useful.

Claiming no actions on a night with no kill isn't particularly scummy to my mind - in fact, scum very frequently have other abilities allowing them to not kill and take an action, so it would be strange if they neither killed nor acted.

What I'm trying to figure out is how come no mafiakill occurred.

One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 15, 2022, 11:47:22 am »

I stayed up late to get the first post, and I guess it worked out.
I originally just wanted to get in first to say this:
That thing with the crane? That wasn't my power. I don't know where it came from, and I consider it suspicious, especially that it occurred after I said I would be commuting.
But then, in my night resolution PM, I learned something even more fascinating.

FallacyofUrist used a Mafiakill on me.

Unfortunately for him, I was serious about being hidden. Even more unfortunately for him, I didn't let on that I learn certain actions that are used on me while doing so. FallacyofUrist, you tried to kill me! After I supported your possibly being town against NJW! At least now I see why you said that your actions will come up as "Mafiakill".

The action in question is called Mug, and it's clearly labelled a "Mafiakill".

(Yes I did read the post and saw that I don't have a vote today, but that's not going to stop me from using red text for DRAMA.)

I'll assume this is true, and go from there. Fal used a Mafiakill action. It failed, obviously.
On the other side, Fal got confirmed as Town, by the whispering. This is contingent on NJW being town and Always Godfather not being the actual role..

Shakerag has effectively confirmed Lenglon as town with his claim. Knightwing's given Lenglon the power of the King. Based on memory right now, I'd put Shakerag, Lenglon, and Knightwing as Core Town for now. This means Lidku, NJW, Fal, and Max, plus myself.

Lidku claims to have done nothing. So that leaves him open to framing.

Fal actioned on Max, this is pretty much confirmed outside shenanigans. NJW inspected Fal, apparently. Notably, that would mean that Mafia didn't try and kill anyone last night, as there are no claimed protections. Fal's the only one with a kill action on record.

Lidku, what are your thoughts on my reasoning?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 1: Bwuk Bwuk Little Chickens
« Reply #549 on: July 15, 2022, 11:51:35 am »

Yes, that is correct. Well, not the 'try to kill you' part. But I did act on you last night. Regardless, I am town.
Dude, I get told what the action does. Don't even. It kills. It literally says that it kills.
Besides,
Maximum Spin is no longer targetable by Town Players.[/b][/font]
and you admit you acted on me.
... Of note, the crane is likely either me or Lidku. And would likely be mafia-aligned to prevent protection from kills.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 15, 2022, 12:52:19 pm »

Claims summary:

FoU - all actions are mafiakills, use abilities as though mafia-aligned, including mafiakills. mafiakill abilities do not kill. Targeted Max N1, unrevealed interaction with Max, showed as town to Lenglon's inspect.
Knightwing - Kingmaker
Lenglon - one-shot super-inspect (used on FoU(town)), results were given to NJW
Lidku - no action N1
NJW - inspected FoU's action, received Lenglon's inspection's results, claims result shows FoU as town.
Shake - bodyguard same team, used on Lenglon.
Tric - omega-JOAT

is this correct?

... Right now, I'm paranoid of webadict's messing with mechainics. But I can inspect NJW tonight, so.. Right now Lidku and I are the only ones with no night actions, so voting one of us out would make sense to narrow down the list of suspects.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 15, 2022, 12:59:52 pm »

Again, why is not performing a night action on a kill-less night suspect, when nobody's claimed a block or protect that would have been likely to interfere with you or Lidku?

Mafia can just do a different action, or do something to sneakily set up a kill. If it's Lenglon/KnightWing, mafia essentially did give themselves a kill last night.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 15, 2022, 01:05:17 pm »

Tric - do you mind giving a summary of your analysis of everyone and the overall gamestate we're in? Also, why did you perform no actions last night?

Missed this question during my analysis. Was a bit hurried since I had to go shopping. Already answered it though, mostly.

So, I've either picked up Restless Dead, Expertise(if Mafia), or Life Creation(Both). If I was Mafia I would have probably done Introspection, confirming my role and tracking someone.

... Or Sketch, which would also prove my action and confirm someone else's. Could also pick up "An Entire Mind Game", but that's a fundamentally mafia ability.

Restless Dead could also be a Mafia action, but I would be expecting to go down hard, and tunneling even harder. And would pick it up on Night 2, not Night 1. (Well, end of day 2/1.. It's a day action that resolves at it's end. I would prefer you give me warning before you hammer, Lenglon. Cause I need to submit it before day ends.)

I'm mostly asking others which ability I should pick up and use. While Redirection exists, Tracking and Alignment checking are things I could do. And Tracking confirms my own action tomorrow night, unless I picked up "Balancing Act". (Useless as Town as my actions are one-shot, super powerful as Scum since I'd have doubled actions, able to kill and create an alibi. And it would go well with Sketch N1.)

Again, why is not performing a night action on a kill-less night suspect, when nobody's claimed a block or protect that would have been likely to interfere with you or Lidku?

Mafia can just do a different action, or do something to sneakily set up a kill. If it's Lenglon/KnightWing, mafia essentially did give themselves a kill last night.
The main issue is the Crane NJW. It prevents town from targeting them. Come the next morning, someone tried to kill Max. It's a sneaky way to try and bypass Max's protection. Had they picked Lenglon up with the crane we'd be missing her today.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 15, 2022, 01:12:48 pm »

Wait... I may be missing something here, but how do you know someone tried to kill Max, Tric?

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #554 on: July 15, 2022, 02:02:44 pm »

I stayed up late to get the first post, and I guess it worked out.
I originally just wanted to get in first to say this:
That thing with the crane? That wasn't my power. I don't know where it came from, and I consider it suspicious, especially that it occurred after I said I would be commuting.
But then, in my night resolution PM, I learned something even more fascinating.

FallacyofUrist used a Mafiakill on me.

Unfortunately for him, I was serious about being hidden. Even more unfortunately for him, I didn't let on that I learn certain actions that are used on me while doing so. FallacyofUrist, you tried to kill me! After I supported your possibly being town against NJW! At least now I see why you said that your actions will come up as "Mafiakill".

The action in question is called Mug, and it's clearly labelled a "Mafiakill".

(Yes I did read the post and saw that I don't have a vote today, but that's not going to stop me from using red text for DRAMA.)

I'll assume this is true, and go from there. Fal used a Mafiakill action. It failed, obviously.
On the other side, Fal got confirmed as Town, by the whispering. This is contingent on NJW being town and Always Godfather not being the actual role..

Shakerag has effectively confirmed Lenglon as town with his claim. Knightwing's given Lenglon the power of the King. Based on memory right now, I'd put Shakerag, Lenglon, and Knightwing as Core Town for now. This means Lidku, NJW, Fal, and Max, plus myself.

Lidku claims to have done nothing. So that leaves him open to framing.

Fal actioned on Max, this is pretty much confirmed outside shenanigans. NJW inspected Fal, apparently. Notably, that would mean that Mafia didn't try and kill anyone last night, as there are no claimed protections. Fal's the only one with a kill action on record.

Lidku, what are your thoughts on my reasoning?

Sorry for the lack D1 of activity, but I'm mobile right now and can briefly reply to this:

Your reasoning and line of N1 events line up somewhat good, if I must admit.

Although I'm confused about what you say here:

Quote from: TricMagic
Notably, that would mean that Mafia didn't try and kill anyone last night, as there are no claimed protections.

But then NJW rightly points out:

Quote from: NJW
Wait... I may be missing something here, but how do you know someone tried to kill Max, Tric?

From he gets that from this statement from you:

Quote from: TricMagic
The main issue is the Crane NJW. It prevents town from targeting them. Come the next morning, someone tried to kill Max.

Why the sudden switch up in your theory of N1? That's strange.

And also, in general, I'm still really suspicious about the claimed abilities of your role, and I don't think it's OP as your suggesting it as. You're telling me you genuinely can in an unlimited fashion just grab other abilities from the last game? That doesn't sound very balanced.. I personally just think it's somewhat fantastical.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 64