Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 34864 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 2: Pecking Orders
« Reply #555 on: July 15, 2022, 02:31:55 pm »

I would imagine that they are all one shot powers

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 15, 2022, 02:49:24 pm »

As I have stated before, I can grab abilities from the last game, and if they're active they become 1-shot.

Also, changing theories isn't how I would describe it. Right now there isn't a unified accounting of what happened last night. If Fal is mafia, then the Crane took their target out of town's reach to protect, followed by Fal attempting to kill them. If Fal is town, then Mafia didn't kill anyone last night, nor attempt to. But that isn't in line with the use of the Crane. Fal being an altered Godfather makes more sense, but we can't actually trust that 100%.

Hence, it makes more sense to remove those without stated actions last night, as they are likely the ones to have used the Crane. I claimed yesterday though, and my actions are confirmable N2. You, Lidku, did not perform a night action, but we don't know why not.

The only other person it could be that did the Crane is likely NJW or myself, and I'm excluding me doing it for obvious reasons.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 15, 2022, 02:52:29 pm »

As I have stated before, I can grab abilities from the last game, and if they're active they become 1-shot.

Also, changing theories isn't how I would describe it. Right now there isn't a unified accounting of what happened last night. If Fal is mafia, then the Crane took their target out of town's reach to protect, followed by Fal attempting to kill them. If Fal is town, then Mafia didn't kill anyone last night, nor attempt to. But that isn't in line with the use of the Crane. Fal being an altered Godfather makes more sense, but we can't actually trust that 100%.

Hence, it makes more sense to remove those without stated actions last night, as they are likely the ones to have used the Crane. I claimed yesterday though, and my actions are confirmable N2. You, Lidku, did not perform a night action, but we don't know why not.

The only other person it could be that did the Crane is likely NJW or myself, and I'm excluding me doing it for obvious reasons.
The crane cannot possibly have been a night action, as it took place at the end of the previous day. It must have been a day action or maybe some kind of passive. In that case, anyone could've done it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 15, 2022, 02:57:36 pm »

The crane cannot possibly have been a night action, as it took place at the end of the previous day. It must have been a day action or maybe some kind of passive. In that case, anyone could've done it.

That would need to be unbalanced by also allowing the Night Action to be done by a single player. If we go with the reasoning anyone could do it, then that brings you under suspicion as well. Not that it matters much, mechanically solving the game isn't really possible with the info we have. So we'd want to look at yesterday and today as to who's mafia. Or simply lynch Lidku or I as the only ones not to have a night action.

Lidku, can you give us a hint on what you'd bring to day 3?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 15, 2022, 03:03:31 pm »

Oh, yeah, also, I hate to muddy the waters because I really do think Knightwing is town, but I also think it's worth pointing out, since nobody else seems to have considered it, that a "give Rulership to a town player in exchange for some benefit" scum ability is totally in line with things webadict has done before and should not be discounted out of hand.

That would need to be unbalanced by also allowing the Night Action to be done by a single player.
I don't know what you mean by this.
If we go with the reasoning anyone could do it, then that brings you under suspicion as well.
Well... yeah. Fallacy can probably confirm that I was hidden, although it's a little unclear to me based on the flavor what he would actually see. But in principle, ignoring that, it's not impossible that I could have done it and then lied about it for some reason. It just doesn't seem like it would be helpful in any way. You shouldn't trust my say-so completely. It's even possible, in principle, that Fallacy and I are pulling off some weird gambit; NJW confirmed the kill action, but I would 100% use a mafiakill on myself (well, have someone use it on me) while protected for the WIFOM value. I've seen it work!
So it's going to have to come down to who you actually believe. :P

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 15, 2022, 03:38:11 pm »

Wait... I may be missing something here, but how do you know someone tried to kill Max, Tric?
You didn't answer this, TricMagic.

Please tell me you didn't TMI here...
One wheel short of a wagon

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 15, 2022, 03:47:12 pm »

If I was scum, who would I give rulership to the person who has voted me multiple times? If I was scum and afraid of dying, that would be a death sentence. If anything, I would give it to my scum partner and keep quiet about it while they give some inane reason about why they are the only one able to vote

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 15, 2022, 03:50:12 pm »

Wait... I may be missing something here, but how do you know someone tried to kill Max, Tric?

Yeah, that's also why I flagged the statement about "allowing the Night Action to be done by a single player". It certainly sounds like Tric is claiming mechanical knowledge of how the crane action worked. I'd really appreciate some clarification here.

If I was scum, who would I give rulership to the person who has voted me multiple times? If I was scum and afraid of dying, that would be a death sentence. If anything, I would give it to my scum partner and keep quiet about it while they give some inane reason about why they are the only one able to vote
Well, you might do it so you could claim exactly that.
I agree that, if it were possible to give it to your partner, you probably would, which is why I suggested it might not have been. But again, I do think you're town, so I really don't think that's what happened. I just want to make sure everyone has a complete view of things.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 15, 2022, 04:17:24 pm »

NJW? Max did just say Fal attempted to kill him. It failed. If we take this as truth and Max's ability protected them, then Fal was the one to do the nightkill.

... I don't really get how that could be a question, if it's true, then Fal attempted to kill Max, and would be in league with the crane operator. Mug being multi-shot, apparently, is also odd when all his actions are supposed to look like the mafia-kill. What's stopping them from actually being mafia kills?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 15, 2022, 04:19:24 pm »

To answer Max, the Crane Action sounds like the same End of Day thing I've got. I pick an ability and get it at the end of the day, they pick someone to be removed from town actioning them. Including the target themselves maybe. But if Max's thing is an auto that wouldn't actually work, if it wasn't, then it might have worked.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 15, 2022, 04:24:31 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Lenglon - 0 -
Lidku - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
NJW2000 - 0 -
Shakerag - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 1 - FallacyofUrist, Knightwing64, Lenglon, Lidku, Maximum Spin*, NJW2000, Shakerag, TricMagic,

1 to Hammer. Day ends on July 18, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (~75 hours remaining).

Italicized names have no votes.

Took me a couple hours, you're welcome, glad everyone's voting anyway!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 15, 2022, 04:39:49 pm »

[[HOW TO DO READS LISTS:
A Reads list should be ordered from Most Town to Most Scum. Exclude yourself, since presumably you are sure that you are Town.
This helps you organize your thoughts and critically analyze players as Town, or at least appear to be doing so if you are Mafia.
TOWN
Null
Scum

You can even add color coding, although Red tends to be a vote. But you should be voting your most scummy player, except when you don't want to hammer/almost hammer, or some other reason exists.]]

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 15, 2022, 04:50:54 pm »

Can we... take away the neutral advice privileges?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 15, 2022, 05:39:56 pm »

Can we... take away the neutral advice privileges?

Yeah, that's really a personal preference thing in regards to the reads lists.  I'd rather get lynched every game than be told I need to use a specific formatting.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #569 on: July 15, 2022, 05:46:32 pm »

You, Lidku, did not perform a night action, but we don't know why not.

I didn't do any night action because my role, Galactic Patrol Officer, primarily has "bus" abilities attached to it. I did not know who I should've targeted to have any effects go on me, so I simply chose not to do any action N1.

To answer Max, the Crane Action sounds like the same End of Day thing I've got. I pick an ability and get it at the end of the day, they pick someone to be removed from town actioning them. Including the target themselves maybe. But if Max's thing is an auto that wouldn't actually work, if it wasn't, then it might have worked.

You admittedly have a lot of bizarre claims on what your single role can do, TricMagic. You DID mention that you apparently can get abilities from the last BYOR game we had, but now suddenly you can "pick someone to be removed from Town actioning them"?

Why did you not mention this until now? And why, conveniently, did something as Maximum Spin being targeted at the very end of the day coincide with what you're disclosing one of your abilities can do?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 64