Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 34831 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 2: Pecking Orders
« Reply #600 on: July 16, 2022, 04:13:18 pm »

Yeah, possible millers make the game stupid, don't they. I honestly don't know what else Web could put in this game to discourage beginners from playing mafia. The most sense I can make of it is that it's some kind of attempt to punish anyone that doesn't conform to Web's philosophy of mafia, a bit like Jim's role in the last game.. The only philosophy of mafia that currently fits is the "don't play mafia" one, so I guess we just got Tertullian'd. /rant

You gonna justify calling me scum though? Like any kind of explanation for that? How about going back to how I stole your idea... because that was suuuuch a good case.

~50 hours left today.
One wheel short of a wagon

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 16, 2022, 04:15:17 pm »

FoU: Thank you. Could you summarize why you are sus of Shake and NJW again?

FoU and Max would it be a bad thing for FoU to continue false-mafiakilling Max, as a way to prove himself? Since if the maf get a kill and Max sees that FoU actioned him, it will show that he really has the auto he says he does. And if he actually is maf, he will either have to never nightkill or out himself.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 16, 2022, 04:24:31 pm »

You gonna justify calling me scum though? Like any kind of explanation for that? How about going back to how I stole your idea... because that was suuuuch a good case.
Well, if I use your approximate level of argument strength, 'stole my idea without mentioning I brought it up first at all' and a few other minor things would be enough to justify a vote on you.

NJW2000 sus.

No, I think I'll do better than that. This game deserves full cases. Behavior arguments, mechanics arguments, working in tandem. Not "Fallacy scum because miller and not claimed in first post!" That's not enough, buddy.

Your job here, if this is the alternate reality where you're town and I'm scum, is to use my behavior and the mechanics to show how I'm scum to get Lenglon to execute me. Not just the mechanics, and not just the behavior.

Let's get to happily trying to get each other eliminated, shall we?

FoU: Thank you. Could you summarize why you are sus of Shake and NJW again?
The quick notes is NJW2000's behavior on Day 1 and extremely weakly justified voting - NJW2000 isn't a newbie. Surely he could at least try to poke holes in my behavior and not just 'miller late bad'. As for Shakerag, the bodyguard claim doesn't fit the rest of his role very well. I admit that's a weaker justification, but it's not like I'm going to stop here. Call it a gut feeling I'm going to follow up on.

That said, I'd prefer to start with NJW2000, as I think (based on current understanding) that he's more likely to be scum than Shakerag.

FoU and Max would it be a bad thing for FoU to continue false-mafiakilling Max, as a way to prove himself? Since if the maf get a kill and Max sees that FoU actioned him, it will show that he really has the auto he says he does. And if he actually is maf, he will either have to never nightkill or out himself.
I'm down for this.

Now mind you, the logical thing for scum to do to prevent this level of confirmation from occurring is to attack me, since I don't have any (claimed) defensive abilities. So far, from what I've seen, I actually have the weakest role in this game. I hope you have a plan for that, too?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #603 on: July 16, 2022, 04:45:58 pm »

Since it sounds like your bus isn't shotted, I don't see why you would not use it N1, and your explanation of your choice - that you didn't want to be responsible for... something? Doesn't seem reasonable to me.

I don't see why you wouldn't find it reasonable on why I didn't use my abilities N1. This is my first time having a role with bus abilities. I'm just generally not as elaborated in its use as you are. All that I know from the surface of it, from reading snippets from Mafia wiki and what my own role description says, I didn't want to be involved in a chance of my wayward random bus that has a high chance of killing a Town member.

Not only that, from what you elaborate (from variable self-made statistics of that you've told me), a random bus of any kind only has a "1/12 chance of making the Mafia kill their own team". The effectiveness of this is reduced, because besides TricMagic, I didn't have a strong suspicion toward anyone. So I just felt there was no need to bus as of yet for N1.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 16, 2022, 04:47:25 pm »

FoU: Lidku has the ability to protect you, and locking him into that job to confirm himself frees today's lynch up for an alternate choice - like those you're sus of.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 16, 2022, 04:57:24 pm »

I see no obvious problem with this plan. Fallacy, though, would you mind laying out your mafiakill options and what they do for me? I understand if you want to keep the information to yourself, but it'd be nice if there's one that will also not interfere with my own role so I can, you know, get an action to use one day.

I didn't want to be involved in a chance of my wayward random bus that has a high chance of killing a Town member.
NOT redirecting the mafiakill means it has a 100% chance of killing a Town member. In theory.

I do understand the "if you touch it, it becomes your fault" feeling though, I admit. But you have to learn to get over it.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 16, 2022, 05:03:17 pm »

I see no obvious problem with this plan. Fallacy, though, would you mind laying out your mafiakill options and what they do for me? I understand if you want to keep the information to yourself, but it'd be nice if there's one that will also not interfere with my own role so I can, you know, get an action to use one day.
Well, I only have two mafiakill options. The first is what you've already seen. The second one is investigative in nature, though, and doesn't do any interference.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 16, 2022, 05:08:27 pm »

FoU: Lidku has the ability to protect you, and locking him into that job to confirm himself frees today's lynch up for an alternate choice - like those you're sus of.
That's fair, then. I'll accept it. Let me write up my cases for Shakerag and NJW2000.
Generic Arms Race.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 16, 2022, 05:42:12 pm »

On my end I've chosen what Ability I'll get end of day just now. So I'll be acting tonight and have info tomorrow.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 16, 2022, 06:14:11 pm »

Okay, this might be a weird question, but is anyone of you okay with a 50 percent t chance of dying?

Basically, I have a ability that makes it so mafia kills only effect me and one other person, revives and protection is canceled

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 16, 2022, 06:14:36 pm »

Like, if a important town member was gonna die, this could be a way to save em

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 16, 2022, 06:22:08 pm »

Tric - Thank you for the links, and I finally did find what I was looking for, thank you. I think I understand what's going on with you now, though I am almost certainly jumping to conclusions. Overall, my reading has made you look less suspicious than you did previously, because your claim makes more sense to me now.

Okay, this might be a weird question, but is anyone of you okay with a 50 percent t chance of dying?

Basically, I have a ability that makes it so mafia kills only effect me and one other person, revives and protection is canceled
Knightwing: Why are you asking this question at this time?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 16, 2022, 06:29:50 pm »

*various nonsense*

Try to get you eliminated?

Nah, I don't particularly think you're scum, I feel like web wouldn't put in random nonsense like non-shared mafiakills that also block so the victim doesn't get to play. Mug was a pretty convincing ability on a meta level... especially as it could just be a high-priority kill if you were mafia. I mean, you eliminating a very obvious town miller and asking Lenglon for my lynch without actually quoting my behaviour isn't very townie, but maybe you're just bad? Dunno.

Obviously I'll be rereading the thread and looking for convincing evidence for scum on behaviour alone, but it's mostly misunderstandings and people getting mad at one another, so I doubt I'll find anything particularly damning.

Honestly, my top scumpick right now would be Shakerag, but only because he's flying under the radar so much.

I'm in!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 16, 2022, 06:31:41 pm »

Oh, also "confirming" the person with the one vote. Scum!Lenglon -> Scum!Shakerag, and Town!Lenglon suggests sucking-up-because-mafia Shakerag.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 16, 2022, 06:32:19 pm »

I'm fine with it given I still have a vote when I'm dead. Might have wanted to save that revelation till Day 3 though, given they can just kill you.

... What priority is it? If it can just be redirected or blocked not too much use.

Honestly, my top scumpick right now would be Shakerag, but only because he's flying under the radar so much.

I'm in!

I've not really pushed any cases today NJW.

NinJW
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 64