Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 34881 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 3: God Is No Longer With You
« Reply #735 on: July 19, 2022, 06:55:21 pm »

Lidku: I watched you perform the mafiakill last night.

and for those that want to figure out how reliable the action was, it was an action inspect with P5.

This is ridiculous. I used my 1 and only Super Protect on FallacyofUrist like you asked. Now you're turning to accuse me as being Mafia? Most of the people you have been targeting as Mafia, has been proven to be Town.

You're shooting randomly and getting people wrongfully lynched here.
So are you arguing that I have a false result, or that I'm scum? If the latter, please present your case.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #736 on: July 19, 2022, 06:56:29 pm »

Also, you said here that your Inspect was a 1-Shot and only a Priority -1 (auto) ability:

But at this point, Lenglon's the one who had the inspect, so Lenglon's the one who can decide if the result is probably right.
I have made public every piece of information I have from that inspect. It's a P (-1), inspects target 1, gives the results to target 2, 1-shot. It was used on FoU as target 1, sent results to NJW as target 2. NJW says the result he recieved was that FoU is town. So you are equally as qualified as I am to say if it's a reliable result or not.

Why the sudden change up in claims to your abilities?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 19, 2022, 06:58:24 pm »

and for those that want to figure out how reliable the action was, it was an action inspect with P5.

This is ridiculous. I used my 1 and only Super Protect on FallacyofUrist like you asked. Now you're turning to accuse me as being Mafia? Most of the people you have been targeting as Mafia, has been proven to be Town.

Correction, you would have hit me. Also, that was the wrong move entirely Lidku. Did you really think I'd leave Fal unprotected? Or did you not bother to take into account my own abilities?

Rather, Knightwing dying is probably something I should have foreseen. Got too blinded by the fact I expected someone to target Fal last night. But as far as I know, no-one did.

Lidku, a bit of advice for next time, start up with putting me with Lenglon, would make more sense given Spook is one of my possible abilities.

Anyone have a list of all the claimed actions Night 1?

Ninlidku

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 19, 2022, 07:00:02 pm »

Also, you said here that your Inspect was a 1-Shot and only a Priority -1 (auto) ability:

But at this point, Lenglon's the one who had the inspect, so Lenglon's the one who can decide if the result is probably right.
I have made public every piece of information I have from that inspect. It's a P (-1), inspects target 1, gives the results to target 2, 1-shot. It was used on FoU as target 1, sent results to NJW as target 2. NJW says the result he recieved was that FoU is town. So you are equally as qualified as I am to say if it's a reliable result or not.

lol what? did you honestly think the only thing in my entire kit was a 1-shot, with no autos or other abilities?
partial claims are not fullclaims.
even in the post you're quoting I specify "from that inspect".
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 19, 2022, 07:05:12 pm »

K. So Night 1. Fal targeted Max, Max blocked and learned Fal's action. Lidku whispered to NJW, who told us Fal was Town.
[Redacted]

Lidku and I both claim no actions. Shakerag claims Bodyguard. Knightwing used The Royal We.

Lenglon's recap of Night 1

Redacting info in this post to see if Lidku can present a case arguing Lenglon is Mafia. Or any other combination, remember to include teams.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: July 19, 2022, 07:07:24 pm »

Correction, you would have hit me. Also, that was the wrong move entirely Lidku. Did you really think I'd leave Fal unprotected? Or did you not bother to take into account my own abilities?

Rather, Knightwing dying is probably something I should have foreseen. Got too blinded by the fact I expected someone to target Fal last night. But as far as I know, no-one did.

I was the one that was the one that was protecting Fal last night. And even if your claim of doing a "bus-like" ability on Fal is true, you would not have been informed of the Super Protect to begin with. You would just have a Protection effect on you like normal without being notified.

This was already something that was discussed between me, Lenglon, and FallacyofUrist. To prove my innocence, they made me use my 1-use Super Protect on Fallacy for the Night. Now all of a sudden I'm the one that did the kill?

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 19, 2022, 07:08:32 pm »

lol what? did you honestly think the only thing in my entire kit was a 1-shot, with no autos or other abilities?
partial claims are not fullclaims.
even in the post you're quoting I specify "from that inspect".

So you mean to inform that your role supposedly just has multiple versions of Inspect, and no other tag abilities? I find that hard to believe.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 19, 2022, 07:12:53 pm »

Lidku whispered to NJW, who told us Fal was Town.

When did I ever whisper anything to NJW? When, in the time when he was still alive, did NJW ever say that I whispered to him? Why would you make up something so bizarre?

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 19, 2022, 07:19:18 pm »

Lidku whispered to NJW, who told us Fal was Town.

When did I ever whisper anything to NJW? When, in the time when he was still alive, did NJW ever say that I whispered to him? Why would you make up something so bizarre?

Wait a minute, this is something Lenglon literally claims to have done:

Quote from: Lenglon
It's a P (-1), inspects target 1, gives the results to target 2, 1-shot. It was used on FoU as target 1, sent results to NJW as target 2. NJW says the result he recieved was that FoU is town. So you are equally as qualified as I am to say if it's a reliable result or not.

So why are you saying I did so, TricMagic?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 19, 2022, 07:35:09 pm »

Lidku: Becuase this IS a beginner's, I'm going to go ahead and give you advice real quick: CALM DOWN.
Your panic is making you throw accusations out that you haven't thought through. You need to slow down and make fewer, but more solid, arguments.
You are correct that your odds of not being today's lynch are very small, but you actually had a okay shot at it before you lost your cool. You have two possible arguments in this scenario:
1) I am town, and was given a false result. If you go this route, since you didn't claim miller day 1, you should be arguing that a redirect occured. Since scum knew that FoU was going to be performing a mafiakill-esque action, your best bet is to argue that you were bussed with FoU. IF you had been town, your first reaction to Tric claiming to have bussed FoU SHOULD have been to ask who FoU was bussed with.
2) I am mafia, and am framing you. This is a far worse option for you because of Shakerag's N1 action, but you can still try to argue for a Lenglon/Shakerag scumteam. You only need to convince one town player that you are innocent after all, since you get to pick the lynch in the case of a tie. But in this case, you need to build a proper case. You've seen several solid examples this game, go ahead and emulate them.

but in either case, your panic-reaction is actively hurting you. You honestly might want to just walk away and literally sleep on it overnight. Just say that you're overwhelmed, and need time to figure out what's going on, calm down overnight, and come back tomorrow with an apology for losing your cool + a firm case for why I'm scum. In any case you should take your time. panic like this convinces nobody.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 19, 2022, 07:38:44 pm »

Correction, you would have hit me.
(To be completely fair, he wouldn't be informed of this.)
Still reading the thread, more to come possibly, if I have time.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 19, 2022, 07:42:34 pm »

Lidku:  I claimed my protect can only hit aligned players.  So are you ready to back up that either:  1) Myself and Leglon are scum, or 2) My protect got redirected?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: July 19, 2022, 07:56:32 pm »

Max: quick question, if you had been hit by two mafiakills in the same night, would you have been notified of both of them?

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 19, 2022, 07:58:53 pm »

Lidku: Becuase this IS a beginner's, I'm going to go ahead and give you advice real quick: CALM DOWN.
Your panic is making you throw accusations out that you haven't thought through.

I haven't accused anyone of anything, yet. The only people who have so far, is you and TricMagic, with me being the number one target, so to speak. I simply asked questions about the reliably of your supposed Inspection claims, which none of you have answered, only giving a lecture in response. Saying that "I'm panicking" but ignoring my queries, then brush me off to simply "sleep it off," is suspicious.

Lidku:  I claimed my protect can only hit aligned players.  So are you ready to back up that either:  1) Myself and Leglon are scum, or 2) My protect got redirected?

I'm sorry, but I never addressed you so directly. The only ones I have so far is FallacyofUrist, TricMagic, and Lenglon. My own personal claim for N2 was using my Super Protect on FallacyofUrist. Did you mistake me posting that referencing you at all?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 19, 2022, 08:06:00 pm »

I'm sorry, but I never addressed you so directly. The only ones I have so far is FallacyofUrist, TricMagic, and Lenglon. My own personal claim for N2 was using my Super Protect on FallacyofUrist. Did you mistake me posting that referencing you at all?

Not you not answering my question.

I'm kinda sorta thinking a Lidku and Tric scumteam.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 64