Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Finding people in adventure mode, and artifact inheritance  (Read 2258 times)

takatana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Finding people in adventure mode, and artifact inheritance
« on: August 13, 2022, 01:15:16 am »

This is in 0.44.12

I looted a demon's lair and now I want to distribute back all the treasure to its rightful owners. So I enter a trade with some friendly dwarf and select all the artifacts in my inventory and show them to him, and for each of them he'll either say, "Oh, so-and-so in such-and-such a site wants that back," or he'll say nothing.

Now, when I want to find the person who wants the artifact, since hearing the person's name in the trade dialogue doesn't count as my character having heard the name, I can't ask anyone about that person's location, so I can only go to their reported site and greet everyone until I find the person I'm looking for. This is pretty annoying when the site is a dwarf fortress, and FPS plummets, and the person I'm looking for could be in any corner of a long web of underground corridors. I even copied my save, pulled up legends mode, and found that the guy I had been looking for was actually long dead.

Any tips on finding people in adventure mode?

Also, when somebody dies who wanted an artifact returned, does that ownership pass down to anyone else, and if so, who?

Clatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Finding people in adventure mode, and artifact inheritance
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 11:53:16 am »

Any tips on finding people in adventure mode?

Also, when somebody dies who wanted an artifact returned, does that ownership pass down to anyone else, and if so, who?

This is super interesting.

This kind of defeats the purpose, but can you sell the artifact to another race?

I'm curious now how alignments work, and if there would be any benefit to this at all -- other than some scribbles on the next stone wall?

takatana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2022, 11:40:50 pm »

Additional question - one of the people I'm looking for is a prisoner in a dwarf fortress, according to legends mode. Are prisoners found in any particular section of a generated fort? Is there a dungeon? Or perhaps are they walking around like normal citizens?

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2022, 12:04:31 am »

Additional question - one of the people I'm looking for is a prisoner in a dwarf fortress, according to legends mode. Are prisoners found in any particular section of a generated fort? Is there a dungeon? Or perhaps are they walking around like normal citizens?
In my experience, they will never spawn since dwarven fortresses will never generate with any where for them to spawn, like a dungeon.

It's a known bug that there are conversations that mention things that don't get added to lists of things to ask about. Also, that it's hard to find people even when you can ask about them.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.