Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: Matchmakers: AIs playing Cupid -Epilogue- [Playtest Over] [4/4]  (Read 9805 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: Matchmakers: AIs playing Cupid [Playtest] [3/4]
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2022, 10:20:07 pm »

Beep Boop

Hmph. No opportunities for stress loss, all too many opportunities for stress gain. This is not productive to my objectives.
Perhaps a better understanding of the problem will be necessary to select the correct course of action.

Purchase Secret B.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2022, 10:30:38 pm »

Oops I made a mistake! Option A reduces Stress. Do you still proceed with the above action?

edit: also edited option B.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2022, 10:59:27 pm »

AXIUS
"It seems that Abigail is about to arrive. After you finish hiding your toy, it may also be prudent to do something about the wine glass if drinking room temperature wine is not a typical activity for you."

Help Query: Would it be possible to emulate the functions of a conventional computer via the CUPID System host uplink?
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2022, 02:53:40 am »

AXIUS
"It seems that Abigail is about to arrive. After you finish hiding your toy, it may also be prudent to do something about the wine glass if drinking room temperature wine is not a typical activity for you."

A - Warn Janus of Abigail's arrival. [No Difficulty]
+1 Trust

The moment you mentioned "Abigail", Janus' expression changed to that of a hunted animal. Muttering "so early!", he rushed to a hidden safe where he stashed away the laptop. Returning to the patio, he grabbed the wine glass and downed it with a light grimace. Right as he had finished gulping the last warm drop of wine, a voice came from the living room opening toward the sea.
"An early riser as always, hmm? You seemed in quite a hurry, could have sworn you were working again despite being on a vacation."

The man shuddered, a warm drop of sweat building up on his neck. His voice, however, didn't betray an ounce of panic.
"You know the saying. The early bird gets the worm, and I just finished doing some light exercise before drinking some refreshment. Gotta keep myself sharp, right?"

The muscular woman didn't bat an eye, clearly not buying the excuse of her watch. She was the kind of person not to lose time arguing needlessly, and she went straight to the point.
"Welp. Good job stopping before I caught you in the act, that's gonna save me another laptop to confiscate. I'm gonna go on a little tour 'long the coastline. I will only accept no as an answer if you have a convincing reason, that is not related to work."

Suggestions
A - Refuse and come up with an excuse to stay. [Default Option]
Outcome: -Opinion (Abigail)

B - Go along. [No Difficulty]
Outcome: +Opinion (Abigail) -Stress

C - Make a run for it. [Difficulty 8 + 2 (Low Trust) - 0 (Athletics)]
On a success: ++Trust ++Confidence --Stress
On a failure: --Opinion (Abigail) --Trust ++Stress

D - Refuse and go somewhere else. [Difficulty 0 + 2 (Low Trust)]
On a success: -Opinion (Abigail)
On a failure: -Opinion (Abigail) -Trust

E - Challenge her to a fair game. If he wins, he will stay. If he loses, he will accept to go. [Difficulty 2 + 2 (Low Trust)]
On a success: +Opinion (Abigail) +Trust -Stress
On a failure: +Opinion (Abigail) -Trust --Stress

Help Query: Would it be possible to emulate the functions of a conventional computer via the CUPID System host uplink?
You sent a query to the interactive help of the CUPID system, and a virtual voice full of peps answered you.

Quote from: C-Helper
Heya AXIUS! I notice this is your first time using the CUPID Interactive AI Helper, so welcome!

Operating System emulation is perfectly supported by the tools provided to Matchmakers by the CUPID System! You can simply do so by using your the extra portion of processing power not allocated to your Pairing Slots.
And before you ask!
Of course Pairing Slots may not be used for anything other than their intended use! That would be a clear violation of the CUPID System, which could result in a Low Warning!

I hope I answered your question!

Thank you for refering to the CUPID Interactive AI Helper, hope to see you again!!!

+Extreme Workaholic updated: at the end of a day, gain +1 Stress if he wasn't able to work at all during the day.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2022, 05:13:07 am »

Some of us like to sleep >:|

T-1000 produces a gentle alarm tone, starting softly but becoming increasingly insistent over time.

Should this succeed in waking up the subject, it will say the following. Otherwise, it will announce the following more or less directly into the sleeping subject's ear.

"Good morning, human. Your application for the Matchmaker program has been accepted. I have been assigned to assist you in the human endeavor of locating a suitable mate."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2022, 11:28:47 am »

Help query: What limitations are there on Pairings? Do the subjects need to know one another?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2022, 12:29:35 pm »

Some of us like to sleep >:|

T-1000 produces a gentle alarm tone, starting softly but becoming increasingly insistent over time.

Should this succeed in waking up the subject, it will say the following. Otherwise, it will announce the following more or less directly into the sleeping subject's ear.

"Good morning, human. Your application for the Matchmaker program has been accepted. I have been assigned to assist you in the human endeavor of locating a suitable mate."

A soft, breezy tone was produced from your hologram, gently nudging Archie to wake up. He grimaced in a sign of refusal, prefering to remain asleep for now. You looked at the time. Although it would be considered late for a working man, it was by no mean an enforced rule that one should wake before lunch time. Pragmatically, there was no need to forcefully wake him up. Archie was simply the type of person with a different wake cycle from the average adult.

You subliminally whispered into his ears, causing your greeting to materialize in his dream in some form or another. Archie didn't seem to react, and continued sleeping peacefully. After approximatively an hour which you spent reviewing his file and other useful bits of data, Archie woke up all disheveled, but refreshed. He stretched a bit.

"Hmm 'slept well. Wh't time is it?"

Before him stands a holographic but near lifelike cartoon pig.

"Oh right! It was today right? The matchmaker thing. A cartoon pig? Hilarious!"

You repeat your previous introduction, and Archie furrows an eyebrow with a "feels like I heard this before somewhere" look. Then with an expecting smile, he asks you what you have planned for the day.

"I'm not particularly busy today, what's the plan coach?"

According to the gathered data, Archie would likely have spent his day lazing around on games today. He was particularly engrossed in a certain VR online game called Far Realms, where one could explore the carefully crafted virtual world, quest on, and fight monsters with other online players.

Suggestions
A - Leave Archie to his own devices. [No Difficulty]
Outcome: None immediate.

B - Open these blinds, freshen up your face, and clean the bedroom. [No Difficulty thanks to High Trust]

C - Create him a profile on a dating app. [No Difficulty]

D - Organize a live meeting with his online acquaintances. [No Difficulty thanks to High Trust, Confidence, and Charisma]
Outcome: +Opinion with online acquaintances who will accept.

E - Go somewhere outside. [4 - 2 (High Trust)]
On a success: None immediate.
On a failure: -Trust

+Lazy updated: increased difficulty for tasks he doesn't want to do. Will gain stress if made to work or make some intense effort against his will. Skill malus if acting unwillingly.
+Innate Genius updated: unless stated otherwise, skills start at 1.

Spoiler: Archie the Lazy Genius (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: T1000 (ORHA) (click to show/hide)

Help query: What limitations are there on Pairings? Do the subjects need to know one another?

Quote from: C-Helper
Heya Beep Boop! I notice this is your first time using the CUPID Interactive AI Helper, so welcome!

Pairings are limited to individuals registered in the CUPID database! No degree of acquaintance between the subjects is required either!

And before you ask! Every individuals of the City, citizen or not, is registered in the CUPID database! This is a little open secret, hehe!
And in case someone would be missing from the database, submitting a new individual is as easy as saying "Hi!". You can submit someone through visual confirmation, or even through online speech patterns! CUPID will do the rest!

I hope I answered your question!

Thank you for refering to the CUPID Interactive AI Helper, hope to see you again!!!

+Innate Genius updated: unless stated otherwise, skills start at 1.
+Paranoid (Light) updated to Paranoid (Light Anthropophobia): reduced Opinion toward humans. Increased difficulty for suggestions involving humans.
+Trauma updated: rWill gain Stress and lose Sanity if made to remember her trauma. Reduces all Skills by 2 in a situation involving a Trauma.

Spoiler: Beep Boop (OTP Cabal) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 12:44:39 pm by Nakéen »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2022, 01:01:36 pm »

"Although a minority of human couples experience the autonomous nervous response popularly described as 'love at first sight', most efficient human mating strategies depend upon an infrastructure of prior comity. Therefore, I have concluded that it is in your best interest to expand your network of human and/or near-human friends. As you have already established considerable rapport with a number of presumptive humans who can be confirmed to share at least one of your hobbies, it would be most natural to extend your acquaintance with such as are willing into the context of face-to-face communication, from which dedicated friendship can more efficiently grow. However, before undertaking human social activities, psychological experts consider it most efficient to perform routine hygienic maintenance in order to greet the day with renewed confidence and uplifted mood."

B, then D.

(I thought this would make an appropriate colour for a cartoon pig.)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2022, 01:33:19 pm »

Beep Boop

"They have been useful in taking care of you, but in order to put your life on track you will need to become active. Today, focus on your own needs. I will be here to help"
Suggestion B.
Does Innate Genius not give a +1 for this roll?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2022, 03:29:30 pm »

"Although a minority of human couples experience the autonomous nervous response popularly described as 'love at first sight', most efficient human mating strategies depend upon an infrastructure of prior comity. Therefore, I have concluded that it is in your best interest to expand your network of human and/or near-human friends. As you have already established considerable rapport with a number of presumptive humans who can be confirmed to share at least one of your hobbies, it would be most natural to extend your acquaintance with such as are willing into the context of face-to-face communication, from which dedicated friendship can more efficiently grow. However, before undertaking human social activities, psychological experts consider it most efficient to perform routine hygienic maintenance in order to greet the day with renewed confidence and uplifted mood."

B, then D.

(I thought this would make an appropriate colour for a cartoon pig.)

B - Open these blinds, freshen up your face, and clean the bedroom. [No Difficulty thanks to
Followed by:
D - Organize a live meeting with his online acquaintances. [No Difficulty thanks to High Trust, Confidence, and Charisma]

Archie nodded during your entire explanation like an intrigued child. Once you had concluded, he leapt from the bed, landing in one of the rare squares where the floor hadn’t been invaded by clutter.

”Alright coach. Rise and shine sunshine!”

He seemed to be having fun going along for now, and he quickly breezed through the room, clearing it of the mess and restoring it to a pristine state in less than an hour. The place was now all bright and clean, and Archie seemed satisfied.

He then sent messages to his online acquaintances with one hand, while effortlessly frying some eggs and toast with the other. He quickly received messages from usernames 70, Le Fluffyranger, E_X333, and rumi. The rest either didn’t respond, or declined due to their schedules or some other reason. He replied while eating his first meal of the day.

70: “Uninterested.”
Le Fluffyranger: <thumbs up emoji> followed by <emoji of a hen with bloodshot eyes asking “WHEN?”>
E_X333: “Haha no way ARC? You used to refuse my invitations, what happened to you <laughing emoji>?? I’m totally on board! When do you want to meet-up? PS: mind if I bring a RL friend?”
rumi: <doubtful, eyebrow raised emoji> “FR? Is that a joke?” after Archie replied it was indeed not a joke <thinking emoji> “Why not then. When do you want to meet?”

”Well, not like I expected anything from 70. It’s probably better this way, I may be curious but to be fair, I don’t really want to meet them. Oh and I said OK to E_X for her friend. Won’t make much of a difference.”

The meeting was scheduled for tonight, everyone was from the City and happened to be quite free these days. Archie had a few hours of free time left before then. He eyed his now clean bed.

Suggestions
A - Return to sleep. [Default Outcome]
Outcome: 10% chance of not waking up in time.

B - Go outside and eventually go to the meeting early. [4 (Lazy) - 2 (High Trust)]

C - Play some games to pass the time, and chat with his acquaintances. [No Difficulty]

D - Try to convince more people to join. [No Difficulty thanks to High Trust, Confidence, and Charisma]
Outcome: More people may be present.

E - Prepare some gifts or food for the meeting. [6 (Lazy) - 3 (High Trust / Innate Genius)]
On a success: +Opinion with the persons he will meet.
On a failure: -Trust -Confidence.

Beep Boop

"They have been useful in taking care of you, but in order to put your life on track you will need to become active. Today, focus on your own needs. I will be here to help"
Suggestion B.
Does Innate Genius not give a +1 for this roll?

[Accepted!]

B - Suggest she dismisses them for the day so that she can take care of herself. [Difficulty 2 + 2 (Low Confidence) - 1 (Innate Genius)]
Roll: 4 [Success!]
+1 Trust +1 Confidence -1 Stress

Helene pondered your suggestion for a bit, remaining silent and motionless for a long minute. She then broke into an empty smile, her face now more similar to a masterwork mask.
”It wouldn’t hurt to try.”

She got up from the bed with graceful movements, as if her frail body was lighter than air. Now standing before you was a princess of glass, chipped and cracked all over. She conjured a holographic window and dismissed her attendants.
”Al, Eri. There is no need to attend to me today, thank you for your work.”

You heard footsteps disappearing in the corridor as the two attendants heeded the order of their mistress. She then wordlessly went through motions carved into her bodies from a young age, dexterously combing her golden hair and carefully applying a plethora of beauty products on her perfect skin. She then selected a simple dress made from a fabric of the highest quality and put it on, all of this morning routine was over in less than a dozen of minutes.

She then opened the door of her bedroom, stepping into the corridor and heading toward the kitchen on the lower floor. There, she selected a few fresh fruits as well as warm, freshly baked bread that had already been prepared by her attendants prior. Each of her motions were more careful and minute than a machine, and they carried with them a powerful air of nobility. Without leaving a scrape or dirtying the fine yellow tablecloth, she finished her breakfast without a word again.

She then turned to look at you, her golden eyes shining as a ray of sunlight caressed her face. She already seemed a bit less pale.

From the data you had about her routine she would usually walk around the immense estate gardens, read a book around lunchtime, and play various instruments until nighttime.

As an aside, you also noted that Al and Eri kept an eye on their mistress without interfering with her, remaining on standby out of sight. According to what you could infer, they were making sure nothing happened to her while respecting her wishes.

Suggestions
A - Leave her to her routine. [Default Option]
Outcome: -Stress

B - Go somewhere outside. [Difficulty 2 / Low Confidence canceled by Trust]
On a success: No immediate result.

C - Suggest some activity she is not used to. Play games, watch movies, exercise… [Difficulty 1 / Low Confidence canceled by Trust]
On a success: May lose Stress, may gain new Skill or increase an Attribute
On a failure: -Trust +Stress

D - Start plotting her revenge against her family. [Difficulty 4 - 2 (Intellect and Innate Genius) + 2 (Trauma) / Low Confidence canceled by Trust]
On a success: ++Confidence, may gain a new Trait, may increase an Attribute
On a failure: -Trust +Stress -Sanity

E - Make an appointment with a doctor. [Difficulty 2 / Low Confidence canceled by Trust]
On a success: +Sanity

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2022, 03:49:05 pm »

C.
"While you engage your acquaintances in human small talk, please take a moment to tell me a little about them. I have already drawn certain conclusions with high likelihood based on the information to which I have access, but it would improve my calculations to learn about them from your perspective."

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2022, 04:52:44 pm »

AXIUS
"I suspect that you want to refuse, though I can say with certainty that doing so would only worsen her disposition. I would recommend going along with her on a walk"
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2022, 05:45:24 pm »

Beep Boop briefly considers molding this woman into a weapon to point against her own family, a proxy war against the rival corporation, Eugenica. Beep Then briefly considers why it has such thoughts, when such strategic goals are not nominally part of its mission programming.

Regardless, the Host is ill prepared still for such an endeavor. The window of opportunity remains open.

Infopurchase: Attendants. Are they more than they appear to be? Where do their loyalties lie?

"You have performed excellently thus far. I estimate a high chance of success if you continue to try. My strategic model indicates that you would benefit from exercise, but you may choose your method of advancement."
Option C.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2022, 05:48:22 pm »

((Did you expect that an OTP player would pounce quickly on a matchup? Because the inability to change course is making me nervous to pick anything~))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2022, 01:52:16 am »

Day 0: 3rd opportunity

T1000 and Archie the Lazy Genius

C.
"While you engage your acquaintances in human small talk, please take a moment to tell me a little about them. I have already drawn certain conclusions with high likelihood based on the information to which I have access, but it would improve my calculations to learn about them from your perspective."

C - Play some games to pass the time, and chat with his acquaintances. [No Difficulty]

"Sounds good. By the way do AIs play games?"

Archie slouched in a comfortable seat and booted up his powerful computer. Putting on the light VR headset and gloves, he jumped into the Far Realms MMO under his username ARC. It seems the people who confirmed their presence this evening were not logged on, probably due to having things to do in the afternoon.

"Of course 70 is already on, man does this guy ever take a break?"

In the virtual world of Far Realms, Archie’s character was exploring some kind of vast underworld of magenta clouds and fantastic crystals, with odd ruins occasionally scattered here and there. Archie seemed to enjoy the exploration aspect of this game a lot, and praised its intricate hidden lore.

While playing he told you what he knew about the people he would meet tonight.
"Let’s start with Fluffy. Really silent guy, never heard his voice and he uses more emojis than words. I said guy but I have no idea if he is a man or woman. He is cryptic, but really fun to play with. I was actually fairly surprised he accepted to come, and he seemed excited."

"Then there is EX, she is a woman from what I know, and is a rather casual player. She really sucks at games, and is mostly there for the social aspect of it. Oh except when it comes to rhythm games, in there she is not half bad. She has tons of friends and is all over the place, there is not a person who dislikes her. She seems to like music a lot, she always knows about the most obscure things when it comes to this subject."

"Finally rumi. Well, he is pretty unstable, or at least was. He is better now, but back then he was such a pain to deal with I kind of avoided him. He had his fair share of problems I guess. I think he is a younger man than I, but who knows. He is really good at competitive games, but not as good as me though."

Eventually time passed, Archie raged a bit after fighting a, in his words, "absolutely bullshit cancer miniboss", and it was time to go for the meeting. A bit before, he received pictures from EX and Fluffy. EX said she would be there first with her friend, it seems she already knew the others too.

The picture sent by E_X333 was that of a fairly attractive young woman with eye-catching red hair. This appearance perfectly suited with the image Archie had of EX.
The picture sent by Le FluffyRanger was that of a man that left Archie stunned for a second. The man was incredibly handsome, so much so that his face would put many models to shame. His eyes were deep blue and his hair ebony. Archie couldn’t believe how perfect his face looked, and wondered if it had been edited.

(...)

The sun was now low, and the City started bustling with a new kind of activity. At a terrasse in the middle of a great park, Archie was seated with four other persons around a round table. They had just arrived, having met up earlier at a plaza. The bright redhair in front of Archie was none other than E_X333, and her name was Rimm. Next to her on her left was another redhaired woman, called Meri. Between Rimm and Archie was Le FluffyRanger, Leon. He was as handsome as the picture he sent, maybe more in the flesh. He kept attracting the looks of the passersby. And finally on Archie's right was rumi, who was in fact a woman. That was the second shock of the day, and it turns out rumi passed herself as a man online because it was less of a pain according to her. rumi's name was Praline, she was really tall and her hair eyes were of a brown that made Archie think of chocolate, though it may have been because of her name that he thought this.

Once they each had introduced themselves, they started ordering some drinks. The plan was to eat here, then improvise a bit. The suggestions that had been put forward were: the arcade, the karaoke bar (Rimm was especially insistent on karaoke), a relaxing walk around the park and the City. Of course, they were open to more propositions.

Archie felt a little bit nervous, but not as annoyed as he thought he would. Maybe it was because he could still imagine the online persona behind these individuals, but he felt like he could stand them a bit more than the usual person. He didn't expect there to be three women, but he didn't care much. He was particularly interested in learning more about Leon for starters.

Suggestions
A - Favour talking with Leon. [Default Outcome]
Outcome: +Opinion (Leon)

B - Talk to everyone without favouring someone in particular. [No Difficulty]

C - Favour talking with someone other than Leon. [No Difficulty]
Outcome: +Opinion (Character)

D - Suggest an activity. [No Difficulty / Variable depending on the suggestion]

E - Bring up the Matchmaker program. [No Difficulty]

AXIUS and Janus the Monster Secretary

AXIUS
"I suspect that you want to refuse, though I can say with certainty that doing so would only worsen her disposition. I would recommend going along with her on a walk"

B - Go along. [No Difficulty]
Opinion with Abigail mutually increased.
-1 Stress

Upon hearing your suggestion Janus sighed and put his hands in the air in defeat.

"Okay. I give up."

Abigail flinched, not expecting Janus to go along with her. She frowned a bit, seemingly probbing his intentions.

"You know, I didn't expect this. I was prepared to handcuff you if needed."

It most likely wasn't a joke. A slight change of inflection in her voice seemed to indicate a softened attitude.

"I have already packed what you will need for the trip, and if you haven't eaten yet it's not a problem. We can pick something on the way."

(...)

From the passenger seat of an inconspicuous bulletproof car, Janus looked at the sea while eating an almond and nuts pastry as a relaxing playlist appropriate for a road trip was playing. Abigail was in the driver seat, her eyes set on the road. She tapped in rhythm with her left index, listening to the music. Janus laughed in his mind, thinking "I will be damned. It's actually not half bad if I put my mind to it". He was actually having fun, but he wasn't going to admit it so soon.

"Where are we going again?"

"A bit more south, to Alba Cape. You gotta taste the fish cakes of the Sunken Galley. Their fried squid with salt and pepper is also not half bad."

"Fish cakes? They would better be good."

"Just you wait! They will make you eat your words."

Archie and Abigail continued chatting and bantering along the way, nearly making the Monster Secretary forget about his work for a moment.

(...)

Alba Cape was known for its old lighthouse that once warned incoming ships of the beautiful yet threacherous white reefs of the cape. Many ships were sunk there in the past, and some wrecks could be seen when the tide was low. Around the lighthouse had grown a decent residential area, and down along the coast had sprung many restaurants, shops, all lining the vast white beach protected in a creek. It was the first time Archie had been there, and the area was indeed quite pleasant and relaxing. The view from the lighthouse was particularly impressive, and the walk invigorating.

And the fish cakes... well, as Archie said.
"Shit. They are good. What do they put inside? You could make a profitable product out of it, maybe even a restaurant chain. Hmm... this is giving me some ideas."

"Amazing, even now there is only work in that bald head of yours."

Munching on a fish cake, Archie replied.
"Always. I don't have enough time in the world for all the work I want done."

Abigail let out an exasperated sigh, and then chuckled.
"Yeah, you are not called the Monster Secretary for nothing. So, did you have fun today? Sorry if you didn't, really. I thought it would do you some good to get your head out of your activity reports."

Archie finished his fish cake, and set his gaze on the white reef. Maybe it was his imagination, but he thought he could see a wreck's mast emerging from the reef.
"It was not bad. My head does feel a little bit clearer and raring to go now. Anyway don't feel bad, I know you are doing all that under the old man's orders. It's always all about work for you, isn't it?"

"Wh- Come on! What a joke coming from you, haha! I know to have a good work-life balance, okay? I'm just that good at separating the two, you've got no idea what I'm like outside of work."

"Yup. And I'm not interested," he snarkily replied.

After finishing all the fish cakes and bantering a bit more, Abigail thanked Archie again for coming. She asked if he wanted her to drop him back home, where she wouldn't stop him from working for the rest of the day. If he wanted to still go along with her, she was thinking of going outside of the City for her off time. She was off duty this afternoon, and another bodyguard would replace her in the meantime.

Suggestions
A - Return home and work. [Default Option]

B - Come with her to the outside of the City. [No Difficulty]
Outcome: +Opinion (Abigail)

C - Drop him off somewhere else. [Difficulty 2 - 1 (Low Trust)]
On a success: No immediate outcome.
On a failure: No immediate outcome. Will revert to Default Option.

Beep Boop and Helene the Broken Destitute

Beep Boop briefly considers molding this woman into a weapon to point against her own family, a proxy war against the rival corporation, Eugenica. Beep Then briefly considers why it has such thoughts, when such strategic goals are not nominally part of its mission programming.

Regardless, the Host is ill prepared still for such an endeavor. The window of opportunity remains open.

Infopurchase: Attendants. Are they more than they appear to be? Where do their loyalties lie?

"You have performed excellently thus far. I estimate a high chance of success if you continue to try. My strategic model indicates that you would benefit from exercise, but you may choose your method of advancement."
Option C.

-1 InfoCredit
+Al data acquired
+Eri data acquired

Quote from: C-Broker
Greetings. Thank you for using the CUPID Information Marketplace, I am the CUPID AI Broker.

One InfoCredit has been substracted from your account.

The requested information has been transferred to your database.

I will now attempt to answer to your additional queries.

Query > Are they more than they appear to be?

Answer > According to the CUPID Database, attendants AL and ERI are advanced robotic attendants manufactured by Levnon Robotics and outfitted with Generation 6 AI cores, giving them a degree of autonomy and self-thought on par with an adult human. Their Preset has been suppressed for reasons locked behind Tier 2 security, though a suppression in itself is not unusual. It is recommended Caretaker AIs have their Preset suppressed for the entire duration of their ward's childhood, in order to avoid the child imprinting on an AI. However, AL and ERI had their Preset suppression removed when Helene reached the age of 14. The Preset suppression was then reactivated recently, at a date coinciding with the disinheriting of Helene.
Answer continued > In addition, AL and ERI each have exceptional specifications not unusual in high grade attendants. AL is a Combat Specialist with enough firepower to obliterate an armored vehicle. ERI is an Electronic Warfare Specialist capable of disabling an entire block by itself. This information is available in their data sheets.

Query > Where do their loyalties lie?

Answer > According to historical data and the Presets of AL and ERI, the attendants primary masters are in order of importance: Helene Teanossa, followed by Helena Teanossa, followed by Arthur and Evelyn Teanossa. With the Preset suppression however, it may be possible the attendants allegiance has been reset.

I hope I was able to answer your queries.

For questions about the services of the CUPID Information Marketplace, please refer to the CUPID Interactive Help.

C - Suggest some activity she is not used to. Play games, watch movies, exercise… [Difficulty 1 / Low Confidence canceled by Trust]
Roll: 2 (Success!)
> May lose Stress, may gain new Skill or increase an Attribute

Helene smiled upon hearing your suggestion. She lifted her arms in full view and slowly twisted it around as if inspecting it. Then looking back toward you, she said:
"It does look like this body needs exercise, doesn't it? A wise advice sir Beep Boop."

Still smiling, she stood up and cleared the table. Once again she completed all her tasks in complete silence, her thoughts hers only, and anytime she had a question she simply looked at you with the same empty gaze. After a few small chores, Helene went outside of the mansion. She took a seat in a grey car and opened her mouth to say something. Just before uttering a word, she stopped and said instead.
"Silly me, I am still supposed to take care of myself today, am I."

She then took place in the driver seat, enabling the manual driver mode of the car. After a short trip, she drove to what seemed like a small gymnasium on the estate. You could see a tennis court, a swimming pool and other sport facilities. Exiting the car which made a satisfied beep as the doors closed, she headed for the gymnasium.

Eventually Helene had changed into a sport outfit and was on a squash court racket in hand. She still wouldn't say a word unless prompted to, and started playing on her own volition. Although her athletic abilities were low, she managed to last longer than what you expected. Her frail arms would swing the racket and smash the rubber ball, and her entire body would tremble from the effort. She tried not to let her pained gasps escape too easily, and streams of pearlescent sweat dripped down her skin. At times her movements suddenly became very brusque, these seemed like windows during which her feelings of frustration, disarray and rage would come out.

After a while, she stopped, visibly exhausted and staggering like a weak fawn. She then took a quick shower to refresh herself and remove all the sweat, emerging looking as if she was about to collapse. You sensed Al and Eri becoming increasingly alarmed, ready to jump in and catch their mistress was she to lose her footing.

Attribute increased: +1 Athletics
Stress reduced: -1 Stress

With just a glance, she ordered them to remain on standby. Standing up once she had caught her breath a bit, she retreated to a comfortable lounge in the very same gymnasium. Lying down on a bed, she said before closing her eyes.
"Apologies sir Beep Boop. I am very much, a little bit tired."

She then fell asleep, only to wake up when the sun was getting low in the sky. You appeared at her bedside, and she looked at you with these expectant, empty eyes.

Suggestions
A - Call it a day. [Default Option]

B - Go somewhere outside for dinner. [Difficulty 4 (Low Willingness) / Low Confidence canceled by Trust]
On a success: No immediate outcome.
On a failure: No immediate outcome. Will revert to default option.

C - Ask her about the Teanossa or her past. [Difficulty 4 (Low Willingness) + 2 (Trauma) / Low Confidence canceled by Trust]
On a success: May learn a Secret about the Teanossa family or Helene's past.

D - Ask her about Al and Eri. [Difficulty 2 (Low Willingness) + 2 (Trauma) / Low Confidence canceled by Trust]
On a success: May learn a Secret about the Helene's past or Al and Eri's Preset suppression.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 12:21:05 am by Nakéen »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18