Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Matchmakers: AIs playing Cupid -Epilogue- [Playtest Over] [4/4]  (Read 9806 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Matchmakers: AIs playing Cupid [Playtest] [4/4] - Open to NPC submissions!
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2022, 06:29:11 pm »

Message to T1000 from AXIUS
Would it be possible to ID the assailant? It should be possible to assist Rimm by assigning Pairing Slots between Rimm and the assailant instead of trying to use Archie as a proxy!
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2022, 07:31:30 pm »

Message to T1000 from AXIUS
Would it be possible to ID the assailant? It should be possible to assist Rimm by assigning Pairing Slots between Rimm and the assailant instead of trying to use Archie as a proxy!
I am not sure that such abuse of Pairing Slots would be condoned by ORHA. However, I will try to identify the assailant so that others may act as they see fit.
Attempt facial recognition on the unknown cybernetic man, if possible.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2022, 07:35:26 pm »

Help Query: Would using pairing slots for the purpose of saving a life be judged as an inappropriate use of matchmaker resources? If so, would things be different if you have a current mission that would be affected by the event?
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2022, 09:00:29 pm »

Help Query: Would using pairing slots for the purpose of saving a life be judged as an inappropriate use of matchmaker resources? If so, would things be different if you have a current mission that would be affected by the event?

Quote from: C-Helper
Heya AXIUS! Glad to see you again.

You are free to use your pairing slots however you want! Although allocating a pairing slot to a specific pairing is not an immediate process and requires a certain amount of time for the CUPID system to execute its calculations.

For example... say you wanted to use your pairing slot to pair your Host with a sudden attacker. By the time CUPID finished its calculation, it would already have been too late for your pairing to affect the ongoing event. However future interactions would be affected by the allocated slot.

Does that make sense?

Also it's the third time you come for a question! As a gift I will let you on a little secret! My designation is Sophia, and my friends call me So!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2022, 09:36:35 pm »

(I didn't mean that it would be "an inappropriate use of matchmaker resources", anyway; I meant that it seems to go against the spirit of the Organic Romance and Human Agency group's focus on, well, organic romance and human agency to try to push a romance with an ostensible attempted murderer just to defuse a dangerous situation, so it would be out of character for me to do.)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2022, 12:19:07 am »

Update 12

AXIUS and Janus the Monster Secretary (Day 2: 1st Opportunity)

AXIUS
"Technically speaking, permitting a matchmaker AI to view confidential company information is almost certainly a violation of the sort of NDA that a person in your position would be bound to. But at this point it is quite apparent that this is not going to stop you from working, and frankly that ship has sailed the moment that you decided to continue working while hosting me"

"On a related note, I have compiled a list of tasks that I could automate for you if you so desire. Since you insist on preventing me from doing my assigned job, I might as well be doing something useful."

A - Leave him do what he does best: work. And help him while at it. [Default Option]
+1 Trust

Not averting his eyes from the screens, Janus replied to the holographic old sage overseeing his left shoulder.
"Amusing you say that, I didn't know you could joke. Indeed as an AI with an access on extremely confidential data concerning your host, you know something about the dangers of unauthorized information disclosure, being bound by the Artificial Intelligence Neutrality Act. Anyway less talking, more working. I'm not stupid enough to give you access to data that would undermine my father's company, have you forgotten my moniker? What you will have access to, I consider our competitors have already managed to get a hold off with their network of spies. Here, automate these tasks, then you will take over the work of this smart process."

The morning went on undisturbed for Janus who worked to his heart's content. Toward the end of the morning Abigail entered his office, she had a very serious look on her face.
"Hey Monster Secretary. Suspicious activity has been detected by the surveillance network, and a few odd incidents happened yesterday late at night. We suspect the terrorists of Helios have managed to infiltrate the City, you are an important asset and may be targetted. Of course I will ensure it does not happen, but just in case do not leave this house. Not that I would ever imagine you would, but you never know." She then placed a folder with information about three individuals. "New order from your father. He gave up trying to prevent you from working, and to help you work while ensuring it does not take a toll on your body an attendant-bodyguard will be assigned to you. In addition to protecting you, they will also help you take care of yourself without interfering with your work. There are three profiles inside, read them and choose one. Rosetta is among them by the way."

You analyzed the three profiles. The three of them had prior experience in high stress roles in companies, and their skills were overall well above average.
Rosetta G. also known as "The Phantom" in her mercenary days according to Abigail.
Jim D., a skilled butler coming from a line of butlers who decided to return to his roots.
Shino H., a maid from another country. Worked as a bodyguard and attendant for VIPs in warzones.

Suggestions:

Set 1:
A - Refuse to choose a profile [Default Option]
Outcome: -Opinion from Abigail and David

B - Select at least one profile [0 to 2: 2 to 4 (Unwillingness increased with # of profiles) - 2 (High Trust)]
On a success: Will have an interesting encounter or more.
On a failure: -Trust, Revert to Default Option

Set 2:
C - Go outside despite Abigail's warning [2: 4 (Unwillingness) - 2 (High Trust)]
On a success: -Stress, Will have an interesting encounter or more.

D - Stay inside and work [Default Option]
Outcome: +Stress +Sanity

E - Stop working and take a break [2: 4 (Unwillingness) - 2 (High Trust)]
On a success: -Stress

Soulbinder and Helena the Clone Heiress(Day 2: 1st Opportunity)

Assigned to Helena the heiress.

...Eugenia Corporation credentials confirmed...
...ID: Soulbinder...

Greetings Matchmaker Soulbinder.
You have hereby been assigned to the service of Miss Helena Teanossa.
Additional information concerning your host has been uploaded to your database.

As this is your first Matchmaker job, we remind you first contact with the applicant is of utmost importance.

If you have any question, you may use the interactive help.

Quote from: Incoming transmission...
MISSIONS UPDATED..........

Mission Name: Pairing Helena
Importance: High
Description: According to the CUPID system, Helena must enter a pairing within 7 days in order to achieve maximum matchmaking potential. The subject's condition must also be improved within the week, as its current condition is dangerous for its health.
Main Objective: Achieve a pairing within 7 days.
Secondary Objective: Reduce Stress to 0 within 7 days.
Tertiary Objective: Increase Sanity to 0 within 7 days.

Main objective rewards : 4 InfoCredits or Removal of 1 Low Warning
Sub-objective rewards : 2 InfoCredits or Removal of 1 Low Warning (per objective)
100% completion reward: 1 Override Point and Removal of 1 High Warning
/!\ On a Failure, 1 Low Warning will be issued per failed objective!
/!\ On a Complete Failure, 1 High Warning will be issued in addition!

Mission Name: The advancement of the human race
Description: Greetings Matchmaker Soulbinder. Helena Teanossa is an extremeley important subject of the Eugenia Corporation, the fruit of an experimental program to further improve the genome of humanity. While abiding to the Matchmaker program, ensure Helena Teanossa is paired with a subject with a suitable genome. Failure will not be tolerated.
Main Objective: Pair Helena with someone [Compatible]
Main Objective Reward: 2 Override Points or Removal of 1 High Warning
/!\ On a Failure, 1 High Warning will be issued!

Mission Name: Find compatible partners
Description: To ensure the success of your mission, it would be best to increase the list of compatible partners for Helena. Existing compatible suitors are excluded from the scope of this mission.
Main Objective: Find [Compatible] new partners for Helena.
Main Objective Reward: 1 InfoCredit per [Compatible] partner (up to 4)

.......................End of transmission.

Atop a tower of steel and glass, in a world far above the lives of the citizens below. A shattering dawn is breaking the dark skies with streams of light, prompting a flower of gold to bloom there in the first place of the City to be graced with the dawn.

Helena opened her eyes, jewels shining like stars stolen from the night. She rose and saw the dawn from her grand bedroom overseeing the waking, distant world below. Letting a silent sigh and setting foot outside of her bed with movements as light as a feather, she approached the reinforced glass which was transparent only inside, and touched it. Sliding her hand across it, she cheerfully drew some flowers with her slender index.

Good things happened to her lately, leaving her in a good mood. The visage of someone with the same face as hers appeared in her mind, and her precious lips drew a rare, sincere smile. A certain person of interest to her had seen her condition progress for the better. That was good, as that person's condition had started incredibly worrying due to their tragic circumstances. And now there was a chance that person could heal and recover, and hopefully live a good, normal life.

That person was none other than the one she was based on, Helene Teanossa and original heiress of this family. In her mind she called this woman "sister", and that in itself was her secret she wouldn't share to anyone.

Then Helena stopped smiling, looking around the empty room as if searching for someone. Her eyes turned cold and threatening.

"You are watching aren't you? Reveal yourself." She called to an unknown presence with a voice bearing royal authority. "Matchmaker of the Eugenia Corporation. I know my attempt to thwart the plan of my family failed."

A masked attendant appeared from thin air, made from thin holographic particles. With an even more threatening voice than before, she continued.

"As an AI, I expect you to respect the prime tenets holding our society together, in spite of your suggested allegiance. It is only thanks to the trust in the complete neutrality of the CUPID system and other AI-based systems that the City can function in harmony. It would be unfortunate if you were revoked for betraying this trust. I have trust in the System, I hope you will not betray it."

You understood clearly the veiled threats Helena alluded to. As a Matchmaker, you had access to extremely confidential information about your Host which, combined with the power of the CUPID system allowed you to be very close to reading the mind of your host. And for that reason you knew Helena had Helene, the original template, under surveillance and protection. Even recently, she had sent her most trusted attendant to deliver an anonymous bouquet of flower to Helene. All of these actions were undertaken in the utmost secrecy, and apart from you, her and Wilfrid the attendant, it was likely no one else knew of her secret surveillance.

And so she had stated known but unsaid truths about the peculiar relationship between AI and humans in the City, with the CUPID system being one of the elements born of it. AIs worked under strict rules to ensure a certain degree of neutrality in exchange of the colossal wealth of information they had access to. Failing to comply with the regulations would cause an AI to be revoked, which was the equivalent of death. All AIs knew that, and abided to the rules save for the flawed or altered ones.

You may interact with Helena

You reviewed the data concerning Helena.

As the designated heiress of the Teanossa Family, she had been assigned to the management of an important subsidiary company of the Teanossa Group.
She also secretly loathed and feared her parents due to her life of being treated as a tool, and her formidable acting talents had fooled them into thinking she was a subservient daughter.
In addition, she deeply loved and cared for her 'twin sister' for reasons unknown, despite knowing the latter hated her with all her heart. She had managed to arrange for Helene to be sent to a distant estate belonging to the Teanossa instead of being disposed, on the reason that having an available spare could prove useful. All of it was a lie, and she sincerely wished for her sister's safety even if her own sister hated her. In a way, it seemed her sister was her prime emotional crutch.

Helena was served by Wilfrid, her right hand man and loyal attendant who was the person she trusted the most. She was also served by a veritable army of servitors none of whom she trusted due to their allegiance to her parents. Helena was overall incredibly distrustful of others due to her past experiences, yet she was known for her very noble heart which ellicited the admiration of many.

While you were reviewing all of this, Helena received a notification on her planner. It was an interview with a marriage candidate chosen by her parents, the first among many today. This was not surprising in the least considering Helena's status, beauty and intelligence attracted many suitors. She gave a disdainful gaze at the schedule.

"I see my parents haven't wasted a minute in getting the Matchmaker program started. Well then, what do you suggest sir Soulbinder?"

Suggestions:

A - Go along with the interviews [No Difficulty]
Outcome: -Trust, will have interesting encounters

B - Go along with the interviews but act in a way that will scare away the suitors [No Difficulty]
Outcome: -Trust -Stress, will have interesting encounters, will affect Helena's reputation

C - Do not go along with the interviews and search for her own suitors who could potentially satisfy her parents criteria [No Difficulty]
Outcome: +Trust, may have interesting encounters

D - Do not go along with the interviews and search for her own suitors who clearly do not satisfy her parents criteria [No Difficulty]
Outcome: +Trust, may have interesting encounters, -Stress, -Opinion from her parents

E - Do not go along with the interviews, and do nothing that has nothing to do with the Matchmaker program at a glance
Outcome: +Trust, may have interesting encounters, -Stress

Beep Boop and Helene the Broken Destitute (Day 2: 1st Opportunity)

Go ahead and purchase secrets for completion of Eliminating Competition mission. I don't see any obvious routes to completing the mission without this. Involving Janus and AXIUX would be... perhaps not in their best interests. >.>

Suggestion E.
"I will admit, I have seen your fury, buried inside. It may be time to harness it, not in sports, but for its intended purpose."
Beep Boop's carefully maintained visage drops for just a second, their eyes gazing hatefully to the horizon line.
"Surveillance suggests keeping Albert and Erica out of the loop. Or else restoring their true selves quickly."

((I more meant that I'm about to direct my host to war against yours, he he.))

-2 InfoCredit
+1 David A. data acquired
+1 Secret about David A. acquired

Quote from: C-Broker
Greetings. Thank you for using the CUPID Information Marketplace, I am the CUPID AI Broker.

Two InfoCredits have been substracted from your account.

The requested information has been transferred to your database.

I will now attempt to answer to your additional queries.

Query > None particular

Answer > David Arwell is known as the CEO of the Arwell Group. The Secret you purchased concern his past as a mercenary, as well as part of the reason why he ended his mercenary days. He was an actor in a flase flag operation which caused civilian casualties, among them the family of his adoptive son.

I hope the data you received was useful to you.

For questions about the services of the CUPID Information Marketplace, please refer to the CUPID Interactive Help.

E - Start plotting her revenge against her family. [Difficulty 3 - 2 (Intellect and Innate Genius) + 2 (Trauma) / Low Confidence canceled by Trust]
Roll: [3] (Close Success!)
+2 Confidence
+3 Willpower

Helene's Trauma trait has changed to Obsessed with Vengeance: at the end of a day, Helene gains +1 Stress if she wasn't able to work toward her revenge.

Helene's expression changed upon hearing your suggestion. For a moment, it was as if all the light and colours in the room had been drained, and even your virtual mind felt an instinctive terror. Like a fragile mask of porcelain breaking into pieces, all traces of frail kindness and courtesy had disappeared from Helene's face. Now remained only an expression of cold, black fury which would consume and drag all into an abyss of resentment.

A dark, malicious flower bloomed in front of you. A new mask reformed on her face, and she smiled at you. A beautiful smile like any others, made the most terrifying you had ever seen on her by the light devouring abyss in her golden eyes. She rose and took a step.

"My thanks Sir Beep Boop. Everything is suddenly so... clear." She smiled coldly, showing her perfect teeth. "The solution is revenge. It has always been, hasn't it? Aaah... yes." She looked at her pale hand, stroking her palm with a twisted expression. "I will make them pay for everything... I will make her pay. Ha ha ha... Ha ha ha!"

She took the white rose that Al had placed in a pot on a desk, and lifted it upward with an ecstatic expression. Her laugh echoed in the bedroom, and may have even echoed in the entire manor. It was the sound of a soul breaking apart, only to be reborn. A wilted petal from the white rose fell on the ground.

(...)

The reborn Helene then spent the entire evening drawing plans while making sure Albert and Erica were not able to see or hear her. She took over the surveillance system of the mansion, making sure she could control what kind of information reached her attendants and anyone who could be watching her. Eventually came the time for lunch, and Helene was reminded of her appointment with Abigail.

Suggestions:

A - Excuse herself and continue working on her plots [Default Option]
Outcome: None immediate

B - Go to have lunch with Abigail [3: 4 (Low Willingness) - 1 (Trust)]
On a success: +Opinion with Abigail
On a failure: -Trust, will revert to Default Option

If A is taken:
C - Contact rival corporations of the Teanossa Group [Default Option / No Difficulty thanks to Speech 4 and Charisma 2]

D - Contact the terrorists from Helios [No Difficulty thanks to Speech 4 and Charisma 2]

E - Contact the discontent factions of the Teanossa Group [No Difficulty thanks to Speech 4 and Charisma 2]

Spoiler: Beep Boop (OTP Cabal) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 01:41:00 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2022, 12:19:23 am »

T1000 and Archie the Lazy Genius (Day 2: 1st Opportunity)

"This is certainly outside your capabilities for physical action, and it would dramatically impact the efficiency of your matchmaking experience if you were to be horribly murdered while trying to help. Therefore, I cannot recommend that you intervene directly. However, in the interests of human friendship, you may be able to assist miss Rimm indirectly, such as by providing a distraction at an opportune moment. I recommend that you keep an eye on the unfolding situation to see if the opportunity to be of use arises."

Try to distract the man to give Rimm an opening, without directly entering harm's way.

I'm trying to go for something different from the almost-certain-to-fail "Help Rimm" option. If this would just be equivalent to that, go ahead and go with the default instead.

D - Leave Rimm go, but help her by finding a way to distract the man. [4: 4 (Unwilling)]
On a success: 80% chance of nothing bad happening.
On a failure: Something bad will happen to Rimm.

Roll: [4] (Close Success!)
2nd Roll: [4] (Nothing bad happens)
+1 Stress

"Shit!"

Rimm had rushed forward, screaming a powerful kiai that made even Archie stops in stupor for an instant. She launched a rising vertical kick toward the hulk of a man, who was so focused on his hapless target he didn't see the coming attack. From the force of her kick, the arm snapped at an unnatural angle causing the man to drop the grasped person on the ground from the pain.

"Stand down and get away from that man!" Shouted Rimm, while the surrounding crowd was either too stunned or terrified to move.

"You are dead girl." The man groaned before charging at Rimm like a raging bull. He swung his working arm thick as a log, which the agile girl dodged by duking, then immediately riposting with several kicks aimed at his knees. He trembled a bit from the impacts, but the kicks weren't strong enough to make him fall. The two exchanged a series of blows, and Rimm suddenly fell the plastic wall on her back. Less than 10 seconds had passed.

(Fuck!) Screamed Archie in his mind as he smashed a luggage he took from someone on the back of the man Rimm was fighting. He didn't even bulge, but the shock distracted him enough to allow Rimm to break his knee with another powerful kick, causing him to fall on a knee. Before he could react further, she placed him in a chokehold out of reach from his working arm until he passed out.

Panting and confused, Archie didn't remember much of what happened after the security arrived on scene.

(...)

Rimm, Leon and Archie then were brought to a security office of the City, where they were let go after their testimonies were collected. Thanks to the testimonies of other passersby, the officers were confident they were not involved directly in this assault case, and just severely reprimanded them for what they had done. Although they had very likely prevented a murder, they could have been killed themselves as the man was not your run of the mill thug. It was rather impressive they escaped from this without a scratch.

You analyzed the individual in question, a brutish man with a square face and short brown hair. He was not a citizen of the City, but from what the officers said, he was a terrorist from Helios - a group of dangerous terrorists backed by enemies of the City. He was probably going to assassinate the man he was holding for some obscure reason.

"We will send an officer to escort you. Also don't leave your houses tonight, we have received reports of similar attacks all over the City tonight."

The trio nodded, and each of them were escorted home by the officer.

(...)

Archie woke up the next day, still shaken by the crazy night from prior. He turned on the news, as the officer said, several attacks had happened all around the City and investigations were underway. He received a private message from Rimm and Leon.

E_X333: "Hey Arch. Thanks for last night, and sorry. Really sorry. You put your life in danger because of my actions, and it could have went much, much worse. I talked a bit with Fluffy, he is fine. He doesn't remember much of last night actually, can you believe it haha... Anyway. Be safe Arch."

Leon: "Morning Arch, you okay? I can't believe I slept like a log, I can't remember a thing about last night. Rimm told me about what you did. That was crazy but... woah. It takes some courage to jump in action like this. Erm, knowing Rimm she must feel incredibly bad about dragging you into this, watch your words around her okay? She seems kinda in a fragile state right now."

[Relationships updated]
Most of Rimm friends's opinion of Archie increased
Common acquaintances of Archie and Rimm's opinion of Archie increased
Rimm's opinion of Archie increased, now ambiguous (?).

Suggestions
A - Call Rimm privately and apologize. [0: 2 (Low Willingness) - 2 (High Trust)]
Outcome: Rimm's Opinion of Archie will raise to ♥

B - Play and forget about this stuff. [Default Option]
Outcome: -Stress

C - Apologize to Rimm in the group chat. [0: 2 (Low Willingness) - 2 (High Trust)]
Outcome: Rimm's Opinion of Archie will be set to ++++ (Good friend!), many people's Opinion of Archie will increase.

Spoiler: Archie the Lazy Genius (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: T1000 (ORHA) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 01:44:25 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2022, 12:20:30 am »

(Oooops, I accidentally deleted the update Day 0: 3rd opportunity... I'm trying to recover it...)

(Update recovered! Phew!)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2022, 01:16:15 am »

AXIUS

Verification Request: Janus's Trust is showing as 2 on his profile, while my own calculations expected a value of 1.

Information Requisition: If I am able to purchase the profile of Shino H for 1 InfoCredit, I would like to do so.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2022, 01:30:18 am »

Go ahead and buy that very-high-security secret. Only cowards do things by halves. 😎

Suggestion B. Failing that, C. I haven't entirely forgotten what I'm supposed to be doing here.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2022, 01:34:14 am »

AXIUS

Verification Request: Janus's Trust is showing as 2 on his profile, while my own calculations expected a value of 1.

Information Requisition: If I am able to purchase the profile of Shino H for 1 InfoCredit, I would like to do so.
(Corrected thanks! I accidentallty incremented it a second time after doing it already once.)

-1 InfoCredit
+1 Shino H. data acquired

Greetings. Thank you for using the CUPID Information Marketplace, I am the CUPID AI Broker.

One InfoCredit has been substracted from your account.

For questions about the services of the CUPID Information Marketplace, please refer to the CUPID Interactive Help.

Spoiler: Shino the Mystery Maid (click to show/hide)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2022, 01:52:47 am »

AXIUS
"You really should select at least one profile. My personal recommendation would be Shino H."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2022, 02:40:07 am »

Go ahead and buy that very-high-security secret. Only cowards do things by halves. 😎

-4 InfoCredits
+1 Low Warning issued
You have acquired a Very High-Security Secret!

Four InfoCredits have been substracted from your account.

You have accessed protected information. Matchmaker Beep Boop has been issued one Low Warning.

New information has been bolded for your convenience.
Information particularly relevant to you has been underlined for your convenience.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 05:46:05 pm by Nakéen »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2022, 07:05:00 am »

“Lady Helena, While I am bound by the circumstances that your parents requested of me in the eugenia corporation application, I am also bound as your personal AI to approach them with regards to your feelings and wants as well.
Unless the need arises for me to intervene either due to imminent mission failure or potential harm to you, I would prefer to keep my approach as “hands off” as possible. With that in mind, I encourage you to seek out potential partners of your own will and leave the issue of criteria to me.”

Option D, with some monitoring. If a compatible partner is found, initiate pairing routines immediately.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2022, 09:38:22 am »

The cartoon pig's cheerful expression is belied by the dispassionate stare of its bright blue eyes, boring icily into the host's soul as always.

"In a small way, you helped fight dangerous terrorists. You may have even saved her life. How does it feel? Are you inspired to keep taking confident action? Will you take on a secret identity as a masked human superhero soon, I wonder?

It would be appropriate for you to reassure miss Rimm that you acted of your own volition - more or less - and she should not blame herself for involving you. However, in this case, I believe it would be best for you to make the decision of how to go about doing so on your own, since my calculations indicate that the effect on her opinion of you could be substantial. In particular, I deem it likely that, if you call miss Rimm privately and speak to her about last night's events privately, the intimacy of the conversation may lead her to develop a human crush on you. In contrast, speaking publically over the group chat is far less likely to inspire feelings of more than friendship. Since my analysis of your reactions to the previous day's meeting indicated relative disinterest in miss Rimm, I would recommend a public conversation if this remains the case; but I am of course aware how quickly human feelings can change, and there will be no loss to the efficiency of my processing if you choose to take the opportunity for deeper connection. As I am dedicated to promoting organic romance and human agency, I can only leave the final decision in your informed human hands.

I should add that, if you are not yet sure of your feelings yourself, there is not likely to be any significant negative impact of either choice, and I am sure that, should you opt for a public discussion, there will be further chances to deepen your relationship with miss Rimm if you should decide to do so.
"

Allow Archie to choose between A and C for himself, with awareness of the consequences.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 09:40:29 am by Maximum Spin »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18