Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Smollen Galaxy : Conquer and Colonise the Galaxy: (0/∞)  (Read 345 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Smollen Galaxy : Conquer and Colonise the Galaxy: (0/∞)
« on: October 23, 2022, 05:37:15 pm »

So...

Here we are, again. Suprised? I am not.

Will this endless cycle of me opening games which never end, ever end?

I suppose there is only one way to find out.

So, I was inspired by that Be-The-Space-Emperor game. And this one takes after it, and also one of my similar creations, Galaxy of Gray. Oh yeah, and Stellaris because hey why not?

The premise is simple. There is a procedurally generated galaxy, its generators made all by me. There are 50 star systems and some few hundred worlds. Most are uninhabitable, some are. The galaxy will be generated as you discover systems one by one, so there won't be a clear view of its entirety unless you guys chart it all yourselves.

You guys will colonise and fight for the habitable planets, and may even terraform them into existence with enough resources. You may name them also, though they will have predetermined names. Their size (them being a moon or not) will also have effects on what you can do with them. Climate is flavor text.

The goal is to be the largest empire by the end of turn 40, or simply eliminating the others.

There can be treaties, you know, those weirdly formal signing stuff between you, and you will be managing your own resource and property counting. There can be alliances, co-inhabiting systems, or whatever things you allow between yourselves; I will only set the mechanics of the game here.

An empire form example below, feel free to copy and fill in.
Blablabla Empire
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Resource incomes are passive. A sector will keep dispensing resources every turn unless something interrupts it, without your active attention. If a sector loses its supply of food, it will simply stop working.

You need Minerals to build buildings and refine metal. Mining produce 3 minerals per turn.

You need Food to keep your empire going. Each sector takes 1 food each, and farming sectors produce 3 food, and dispense 2 after eating one themselves.

You need Metals to make ships and armies, construct defenses, and terraform worlds. Industrial sectors produce 2 metals out of 4 minerals.

A farming sector costs 5 minerals, A mining sectors costs 10, and a smelting sector costs 15.

A recruitment sector costs 10, and a shipyard costs 15. An army costs 4 metal, planetary defenses 6, and a fleet costs 8.

Terraformation costs 30 metal.

You can demolish and/or replace a sector with another if you wish.

Each fleet and army is essentially a combat turn. Each of them can only do one thing per turn, but more of them there are, more things you can do.

Those "one thing"s are attacking, charting, colonising and moving from one star system to another.

You can attack a planet with fleets and armies. You conquer planets when you land armies over them. A defensive construct and a defensive army makes that impossible and will have to be destroyed by a fleet before an army can land in. And those destructions cannot happen if there is a defending fleet in orbit of that planet, which must be destroyed first. Each of these destructions count as separate actions, but they can stack if there is multiple fleets involved.

You can chart with fleets, and colonise by armies.

I think I made myself clear here. If you have any questions, you can ask.

Begin.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 06:33:54 pm by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: Smollen Galaxy : Conquer and Colonise the Galaxy: (0/∞)
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2022, 05:37:39 pm »

The Smollen Galaxy Starchart

This is empty for now. I will fill this out as the game goes.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!