Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What are you doing for Christmas? (2022 edition)  (Read 786 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing for Christmas? (2022 edition)
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2022, 05:02:36 pm »

Chatting with people who either aren't visiting their parents this year, or need emotional support to get through it. :hug_emoji_goes_here:

I did my duty the past week or two, so no guilt this year.  I even had fun seeing people :D  Honestly it wasn't even onerous for me this time!

Social interaction has been remarkably less stressful for me this year, heh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I always hated this holiday so much, and I think I was justified to feel that way, but we're taking it back bay-beeee!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2022, 06:45:35 pm »

Our contract was ratified on the night of the 23rd, so I emailed bosses telling them I would start researching again on the 27th, had a glass of wine and cried for a while, and then on the early afternoon of the 24th I sent out an email warning everyone's faculty supervisors that they couldn't retaliate against us if we rest today and tomorrow in light of our not yet having a back to work agreement, and my mom and I screamed at each other until 2 in the morning, and then I cried myself to sleep with a splitting headache.

Both of my parents are, as usual, talking constantly about death, which I really wish they would stop doing but as I have a habit of doing this too I am aware that it's a sign of trauma that I should probably just not take too seriously. They did come and clean the entire house and yard which was unbelievably nice of them, and which I couldn't do because I'm being treated for numerous post-COVID nutritional deficiencies and am nastily anemic. I'd been needing to go back to sleep for hours after washing part of a sink of dishes.

Today the fog is too heavy to drive and see our abusive relatives. We're putting together a salmon dinner, lighting candles, and having a movie and some board games. My mom is anxious and upset that we don't have decorations or gifts but, well, ... it would have been a very small Christmas here or there, hardly anyone was going to come.

I'll sit and read Detransition, Baby and pet the cats ...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2022, 01:09:19 am »

My family and I saw Violent Night, this year's new Christmas movie and basically "Die Hard but with Santa Claus". It was, as indicated in the title, quite violent with Jolly Saint Nick beating stabbing and slashing various goons to death. And yet somehow he still maintained a sort of "Santa-y" attitude throughout, basically doing it all to save a young girl and her family from said goons. It probably won't win an Oscar but it certainly wasn't the worse film I've ever seen.

Dinner was Korean-flavored BBQ. Untraditional as heck but very tasty.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 [2]