Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Bay 12 Games Report, April 1st 2023  (Read 13139 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
The Bay 12 Games Report, April 1st 2023
« on: April 04, 2023, 03:40:17 pm »

The Bay 12 Games Report, April 1st 2023

Mission Status

Circumstances have called for a new paradigm, a New Procedurally Generated Fantasy World Order, if you will.  Due to the mass of paying customers pressing responsibility into the situation, we will have to adapt.  Streamlining, Bug-fixing, UI and ease of use were once thought of as a hindrance.  They are now first and foremost of the essence.

But what about the future?  The promises?  Who said we can't do two things at once?  Now we have a posse!  Adventure awaits, and we will always respect those that await Adventure!

"Congratulations to the generous!" -- ThreeToe

Fun with Numbers

March went very well - there was the documentary filming, GDC, PAX East, and the Spring sale.  For February (to which our April 3 check corresponds), we brought in just under $300K, which is fantastic and at the same time indicative of how fast things drop off.

With all that was going on, as expected I hardly got a chance to do any work on the game myself ha ha.  In April, the goal is to shift away from broader issues and just focus back in on the game so we can start patching properly again.  Putnam and the artists have already teed me up with a bunch of stuff.  We're also aiming to get a public experimental branch up with SDL2 this month.  And Zach and I are engaging more seriously with the adventure mode planning, since we'll be diving into that after some more patches have landed.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!