Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 88

Author Topic: Fallacy's Horrible Cults - End - Prisonbreak  (Read 23464 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Fallacy's Horrible Cults - End - Prisonbreak
« on: April 29, 2023, 04:53:30 pm »

I wanted to run a ridiculous game with cults and experiment with atypical role design. This is that game. If you do decide to join, don't say I didn't warn you. I'd greatly prefer to work with 13 players or more, but I'm setting the starting requirement at 11 just in case that's undoable.

For your sake I must label this game as being semi-bastard.
--I won't lie to you. Abilities may lie to you if they're forced to, but will not lie to you by default.
--I may refuse to answer your questions and respond instead, 'No comment.'
--On-death flips will be accurate as of time of death, but may be redacted partly.
--There will be weird game mechanics I will not fully explain until post-game.

This will be a medium power but high weirdness game. You will not get to choose your role. You, optionally, when signing up, may PM me a single concept, such as 'spreading', 'growing', 'durable', 'imperceptible', 'lethal' or otherwise, which I will integrate into your role. If you try to cheese this, I will cheese you.

Here are, for reference, the (altered) fundamentals of the game of Mafia.

Some other ground rules:

Day Phases last 72 hours for the first and second Days, and 48 hours henceforth, though they still end immediately on Hammer. I reserve the right to extend the duration as needed if a player replaces into the game, a real-life emergency occurs, or an extreme Day Ability resolves. Night Phases last 24 hours always, though they may be shortened if every player submits their desired actions or lack thereof quickly.

No editing your posts, and no directly quoting any PMs you have received from me. You are freely permitted to paraphrase. If you have access to a private chat where your alignment is mod-verified, such as a private cultchat or masonchat, you may quote PMs from me in there. If you have access to a private chat without alignment verification included, you do not possess this privilege. Never directly quote PMs from me in the main thread no matter your alignment.

After the Day is ended via hammer, do not post. You may edit your posts to nullify content posted after the hammer, which is an exception to the above rule. If the Day ends via deadline and not hammer, you may continue to post until I close the thread, but further votes will not count and whoever was Executed may not post (except to produce a single 'bah' post useful for mockery, a joke, or humor, but not permitted to contain game-related content). This bah post may be deployed on a future Day if it is not immediately used.

Don't be too much of an asshole. Some aggression is fine, too much will have me stepping down from my cloud to warn you to cut it out.

Your primary win condition will be listed along with your alignment, in your role PM, along with a reference of the Town win condition if you are not Town.

Some action resolution rules:

Spoiler: Action Resolution (click to show/hide)

Some ability rules.

Spoiler: A Guide To Abilities (click to show/hide)

Players:
  • Maximum Spin
  • notquitethere
  • TricMagic
  • Knightwing64
  • Jim Groovester
  • ToonyMan
  • EuchreJack
  • Egan_BW
  • webadict
  • NJW2000
  • Toaster
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 03:18:30 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (0 / 11+)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2023, 05:02:37 pm »

I'm in.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (1 / 11+)
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2023, 05:08:42 pm »

In.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (3 / 11+)
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2023, 05:14:37 pm »

PTW :3
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (1 / 11+)
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2023, 05:20:52 pm »

Cults huh? Time to drink the koolaid.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2023, 06:11:18 pm »

IN

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2023, 06:13:26 pm »

In.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (5 / 11+)
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2023, 09:16:37 pm »

Cults should be trash binned

Actually, only sorta in depending on when this starts as I'm busy next week hanging out with a friend.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2023, 09:58:11 pm »

I'm busy next week hanging out with a friend.

Real life social interaction, ew

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2023, 10:33:07 pm »

I think I'll start this on Thursday or Friday. Maybe close signups Thursday, start on Friday?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2023, 01:48:21 pm »

Jimnosis.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2023, 03:22:10 pm »

There is no such thing as Jimnosis, Jinosis on the other hand... Or Jimnokia

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2023, 04:15:13 pm »

Actually, only sorta in depending on when this starts as I'm busy next week hanging out with a friend.
I think I'll start this on Thursday or Friday. Maybe close signups Thursday, start on Friday?
Does the start time work well for you?
Generic Arms Race.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2023, 09:05:19 pm »

Does the start time work well for you?
Eeeehhhh, that's about the time they're gonna be here, so not particularly, but I'll play (a small amount) if there's not enough players without me.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (6 / 11+)
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2023, 05:54:47 pm »

Does anyone else want to join? I don't think this game will be very fun (or operable) with just 6/7 players.
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 88