Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: Catfia: Dogs vs Cats Untitled Cat Game (Mafia Victory)  (Read 12154 times)

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
Re: Catfia: Dogs vs Cats Day 1 (7/7)
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2023, 05:54:38 pm »

Oh, hey, this just started!

So what's everyone's playstyle?
Haven't really developed one yet, though it's, for the most part, simply getting through the first few days and then using all of the knowledge accumulated thus far to scum-hunt (I'm not proficient at getting into people's craniums and pulling on their nerve fibers on the very first day, unlike some of you).

I actually have plans for the next several hours, so don't expect the greatest RVS participation of all time from me... at least not in this game.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2023, 05:59:03 pm »

GM Mistake has been made. Meaning one player knows the town status of another.
Not wanting to restart, will just retroactively edit that player to have a role, The Dog in the Know. They cannot reveal they have that role. You know who you are. (Treat it as them having GM-confirmed who a town player is, with the restriction of not letting anyone know..)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2023, 07:25:09 pm »

I've been gone so long, not even sure if I have one anymore.  Great to be back though, excitement through the woof.  Umm, I do think a lot, but that's most of us, right?

What's your playstyle, Crys?

Don't really know for me

Maybe do stupid stuff and be lucky?

You do have an unfortunate name for this game, but no dog names itself, and if your owner called you cat, well, that's on your owner more than you.  Any idea why/how doing 'stupid' stuff might help your side?  I can see how being lucky might.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2023, 07:42:37 pm »

You do have an unfortunate name for this game, but no dog names itself, and if your owner called you cat, well, that's on your owner more than you.  Any idea why/how doing 'stupid' stuff might help your side?  I can see how being lucky might.

Mainly I still don't have experience as a town, and not too sure about scumhunting as well.

How doing stupid stuff would help? I have no idea, I don't know what smart stuff I can do until something happens anyways.

Hopefully, the luck stays around, as it has been very helpful for my survival

woof woof, clearly a dog, no furry little knives to see around here

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2023, 07:47:02 pm »

I've been gone so long, not even sure if I have one anymore.  Great to be back though, excitement through the woof.  Umm, I do think a lot, but that's most of us, right?

What's your playstyle, Crys?
I mainly rely on night action analysis because I can't pick up scumtells.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2023, 08:24:57 pm »

It's been a while since I played.

Night action analysis, does that mean you're saying you're a role that does stuff at night, not one of the vanilla dogs, or what else do you mean?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2023, 08:26:52 pm »

I propose we lynch either Imp or TCk to test whether the images actually mattered.

My playstyle is WINNING.

Also, let's try to make this take as long as possible so I can put off working on BBBYOR.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2023, 08:34:58 pm »

Was looking forward to hearing you speak, from the little I've glanced over you might be our most experienced player.

Totally believe you that you're here to win, but win slow? And already voting on a lynch?

There's a problem with the plan to see if images matter.

If you lynch one of the two you named, and that one turns out to be dog/town, then maybe we don't lynch the other - who might not be dog/town, because maybe images don't matter and we already lost a townie over that thinking.

So I'd rather we not go that way.

I'm slightly concerned about the goal to win slow with a lynch choice with that pattern, from a more experienced player, but I also understand stirring the pot and that's a strong hello.

I'm hoping you'll be a strong lead towards a reasonable path towards a town win, expecting and wanting that from you for sure for sure, maximum one.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2023, 09:45:50 pm »

It's been a while since I played.

Night action analysis, does that mean you're saying you're a role that does stuff at night, not one of the vanilla dogs, or what else do you mean?
I consider night action analysis to include nightkills so what I'm saying is that I rely on what information is gained through the night phase whether or not I do anything in the night phase
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2023, 11:08:00 pm »

I consider night action analysis to include nightkills so what I'm saying is that I rely on what information is gained through the night phase whether or not I do anything in the night phase

Gotcha.  Based on what you've said, I am curious what value do you see daytime discussions as having.

It's really interesting to me because you opened our play with your first question, and it's a decent one, in my opinion.  But it makes me wonder why you asked it.  What are you willing to tell us about that, and the value of daytime discussions in your eyes?

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2023, 01:49:31 am »

Woof!

My playstyle is WINNING.
The irony is that you might be the only one among us who does have a clearly developed playstyle, and it involves more than "WINNING".

Totally believe you that you're here to win, but win slow? And already voting on a lynch?
Uh spindog wasn't voting yet, but what is wrong with voting early? It doesn't end the day unless three more dogs vote the same and hammer. Sniffs you suspiciously.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2023, 04:36:52 am »

Quick mechanical observation: Imp joined the discord relatively recently, despite being active prior to that at the start of the day.  This means that Tric overlooked requiring their presence there, which would've been rather difficult to do if Imp was assigned a role with a secret chat of some sort.  We most likely only have 2 hidden chats based on the fact that Tric publicly requested that Meph create "Dog Heaven" (deadchat) and "Catlandia" (mafiachat!), thus Imp is not scum!!

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2023, 08:24:43 am »

I propose we lynch either Imp or TCk to test whether the images actually mattered.

Not sure how I feel about that, mainly because, well, are GMs actually allowed to openly pick'n'choose who's mafia and who's not?  I don't just mean the official rules; what's the etiquette around this matter usually?  I guess it would explain Fallacy's anomalously high likelihood of being scum, but that's probabilistically explicable on an individual game basis, unlike here, which would be improbable to the point of being doubtfully random.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2023, 08:49:24 am »

Gotcha.  Based on what you've said, I am curious what value do you see daytime discussions as having.

It's really interesting to me because you opened our play with your first question, and it's a decent one, in my opinion.  But it makes me wonder why you asked it.  What are you willing to tell us about that, and the value of daytime discussions in your eyes?
The value of daytime discussion is to see who the dead player thought was scum the day before they died
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2023, 08:52:29 am »

The value of daytime discussion is to see who the dead player thought was scum the day before they died
or night they died
she/her
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23