Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ability for dwarves to get "bored" in the middle of a conflict  (Read 422 times)

caver5000

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Ability for dwarves to get "bored" in the middle of a conflict
« on: January 10, 2024, 10:09:05 pm »

Hi,
To tackle https://steamcommunity.com/app/975370/discussions/0/5828254465005750153/, I suggest that dwarves can get "bored" or prioritize their hunger and thirst over a conflict.
Smart dwarves might look at these factors:
  • The last time a successful hit has been made or really anything interesting
  • The imbalance of the fight (if it's 60 of us against one, it's probably fine if I go get a snack)
  • How interesting or strong the enemy is
Then, they could still do tasks while keeping a close eye and they can get back in when the factors change.
Dumb dwarves would notice the smart dwarves leaving and could choose to follow or take note that they can prioritize their health for this conflict.
This could add FUN if Smart Joe miscalculates and then the hoard mentality of the others leaves Poor Peter against a great forgotten webber. Peter dies and chaos follows.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ability for dwarves to get "bored" in the middle of a conflict
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 08:03:39 am »

Hi,
To tackle https://steamcommunity.com/app/975370/discussions/0/5828254465005750153/, I suggest that dwarves can get "bored" or prioritize their hunger and thirst over a conflict.
Smart dwarves might look at these factors:
  • The last time a successful hit has been made or really anything interesting
  • The imbalance of the fight (if it's 60 of us against one, it's probably fine if I go get a snack)
  • How interesting or strong the enemy is
Then, they could still do tasks while keeping a close eye and they can get back in when the factors change.
Dumb dwarves would notice the smart dwarves leaving and could choose to follow or take note that they can prioritize their health for this conflict.
This could add FUN if Smart Urist miscalculates and then the hoard mentality of the others leaves Poor Bomrek against a great forgotten webber. Bomrek dies and chaos follows.

Fixed your oversight - the dwarven naming conventions around here (edit:for those kind of things) happen to be Urist and Bomrek, not Joe/Peter/Alice/Bob, BTW.  :)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 08:19:25 am by Silverwing235 »