Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should attack orders be allowed via PM for sneak attacks?

Yes
No
I love the Emperor more than life itself.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: Risky Space Lords III: Turn four! New Houses welcome!  (Read 4154 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords III: Not Dune. Just starting! New Houses welcome!
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2024, 10:21:58 am »

It's fine :)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2024, 11:40:54 am »

I'm operating under the assumption that we can do trades and stuff on Turn 0, but can't expand planets/population, or attack others, etc.
Long Live United Forenia!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2024, 11:52:52 am »

I'm operating under the assumption that we can do trades and stuff on Turn 0, but can't expand planets/population, or attack others, etc.
Correct.  Trade and whatnot is allowed so you're not locked into having a farm planet if youd rather specialize.  No fighting or expanding turn 0, this phase is solely so no one starts broke.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2024, 12:23:52 pm »

Pay ^7 to buy 10 food off The Emperor's market.
If possible, use that to immediately grow Oasis' pop.

Actually, to that point, you can't grow on turn 0.  It's solely a production turn to get all the layers in and give them some starting resources.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2024, 12:28:41 pm »

Looking at Turn 1 starting tonight, unless people want more time.

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2024, 12:29:16 pm »

Quote from: Fealty Contract
Pledge of Loyalty and Fealty to the Emperor, Lord Insanus Cancer, ruler of Earth, the Sol System, and all of Mankind

We the undersigned hereby pledge loyalty and fealty to the Emperor, Lord Insanus Cancer, ruler of Earth, the Sol System, and all of Mankind. 

We acknowledge that stewardship of the planets under our House is given only through the benevolent generosity of the Emperor, and that the Emperor holds eminent domain over all.  We pledge to serve the Emperor for all time, through life and death, sickness and health, and to never betray him, nor raise a banner in opposition, nor lift a finger against him.

The Emperor is the wisest and most powerful human in all of the universe.  It is a joy to wake every day knowing the Emperor guides us with wisdom and courage, and that he is much smarter and far more handsome than anyone else.  We pledge to follow his every order, for his grand plan is ineffable and to counter his designs is treason against the entire human race.  We pledge allegiance to the Emperor and will spend every waking moment thinking about how great he is.

We promise to never ever break this contract, ever.

Signed,
Lord Erwin, of House Harrak.

Spoiler: House Harrak (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 12:33:06 pm by FiveBalesOfHay »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2024, 12:35:28 pm »

Hello, you have lots of food. If you're interested, I'd like to buy 10 food for 6^, and another 6 food for 6 alloys.

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2024, 12:42:12 pm »

Hello, you have lots of food. If you're interested, I'd like to buy 10 food for 6^, and another 6 food for 6 alloys.

Accepted!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2024, 12:48:28 pm »

Accepted!
Great, my plot to specialize an an alloy merchant begins.
My turn should be ready now.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2024, 12:54:17 pm »

The forge would like to make the same offer as Nirur Torir, if you are interested in selling more, that is, 10 food for 6^

Quote from: Food purchase contract
House Harrak shall send 10 units of Food to The Forge, in exchange The Forge shall send House Harrak ^6
Criptfeind, First Mechanator of the Forge

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2024, 12:59:58 pm »

The forge would like to make the same offer as Nirur Torir, if you are interested in selling more, that is, 10 food for 6^

Quote from: Food purchase contract
House Harrak shall send 10 units of Food to The Forge, in exchange The Forge shall send House Harrak ^6
Criptfeind, First Mechanator of the Forge

Also accepted! House Harrak looks forward to further trade with its fellow houses.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2024, 01:20:01 pm »

I've thought of two starts I'm surprised nobody's taken.
16F*, 2R, 2M - On turn 1 they can afford either 3 pop growth and 1 terraforming, or 2 and 2, just from domestic production. Alternatively, they can be an arms dealer and have an easy time making armies.

16M* - It needs trade partners to get started, but a 1.9* production bonus lets them turn 20^ worth of NPC market alloys into 76^. A profit of 49^ if they're buying NPC food. Once they're rolling, even buying food from the NPC market for pop growth lets them grow at an alarming rate, and in 4-5 turns (Maybe 3, with terraforming for more planets to grow from) they can max out their capital, turning 40^ of alloys into 160^ every turn. With a co-conspirator giving them a mutual defense pact, they're liable to get a third fleet before the rest of the players band together and risk their only fleet each to cut the growth.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2024, 01:34:33 pm »

16M*

I was going to do this, however, you need something to start you off, and pre turn 0 you have no resources, all this trading we're doing is coming from turn 0 production, and... Even though EvictedSaint says:
Correct.  Trade and whatnot is allowed so you're not locked into having a farm planet if youd rather specialize.

It's hard for me to imagine that it's allowable for me to buy alloys with money gained from the processing of those alloys.

If I'm allowed to do something silly like take a size 16 machine world, purchase the alloys from you to process into the money I used to buy the alloys and then buy the food from A1s and then be good to go I would but that stretches order of operations too far imo.

The NPC market is completely broken in such a strategy, but I am thinking that player use of it would cause inflation.

Perhaps a more reasonable and less time bending sequence would be to use your favor to get 250 food, sell 70 of it for 21^ buy 20 alloy, then you can forge all 20 alloy into 76^ which you can then use to actually play the game with, with a side benefit of not needing any food for quite a while.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 01:42:37 pm by Criptfeind »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2024, 02:30:41 pm »

It can be done without industrial time travel shenanigans, too. A turn 0 > turn 1 loan is relatively safe, and you could tempt people into it with a longer term, favorable trade treaty.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2024, 02:49:48 pm »

Speaking of MachineWorld focuses, I say hello. If I can lock in 10 food and 20 Alloys, I can make it worth your while.

For this turn only, I will buy 10 Food for ^7, and 20 Alloys for ^20. That's Market price, and the best you will likely ever get unless it changes.

Spoiler: Fealty Contract (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: House Sinister (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19