What should the next event be?

A creative writing challenge.
An art challenge.
A bidding war.
A literal war.
Guess what number I'm thinking.
No events, it's too much D:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34

Author Topic: Risky Space Lords III: Turn eight! New Houses welcome!  (Read 9127 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords III: Not Dune. Just starting! New Houses welcome!
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2024, 05:28:28 pm »

Spoiler: House of Sands (click to show/hide)

The House of Sands has plenty of internal colonization space. If left alone in peace, we will not bid for the first four planets the emperor offers.
Market considerations:
Willing to sell 10 alloys for 7^, but is unsettled by the notion.
Wishes to trade for food.

Quote from: Fealty Contract
Pledge of Loyalty and Fealty to the Emperor, Lord Insanus Cancer, ruler of Earth, the Sol System, and all of Mankind

We the undersigned hereby pledge loyalty and fealty to the Emperor, Lord Insanus Cancer, ruler of Earth, the Sol System, and all of Mankind. 

We acknowledge that stewardship of the planets under our House is given only through the benevolent generosity of the Emperor, and that the Emperor holds eminent domain over all.  We pledge to serve the Emperor for all time, through life and death, sickness and health, and to never betray him, nor raise a banner in opposition, nor lift a finger against him.

The Emperor is the wisest and most powerful human in all of the universe.  It is a joy to wake every day knowing the Emperor guides us with wisdom and courage, and that he is much smarter and far more handsome than anyone else.  We pledge to follow his every order, for his grand plan is ineffable and to counter his designs is treason against the entire human race.  We pledge allegiance to the Emperor and will spend every waking moment thinking about how great he is.

We promise to never ever break this contract, ever.

Signed,
Lord Nirur, of House of Sands, the.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 12:46:27 pm by Nirur Torir »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2024, 05:34:41 pm »

Starting with a bunch of size 1 planets is pretty smart.

I will buy those metals but I am unsure if we should start to contract right now or wait for a "turn 1"

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2024, 05:41:11 pm »

Nirur Torir, you should have 2 food, not 0.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2024, 06:01:08 pm »

Nirur Torir, you should have 2 food, not 0.
Yes, thank you. I was confused about farmers wanting to eat and redid the numbers, but I did not redo them well.

Starting with a bunch of size 1 planets is pretty smart.
Hopefully they don't end up as just a diplomatic liability that get taken before I can staff them.

I'm re-thinking the trade value of alloys. If you can turn 2 alloys into 7.2^ with 1 pop, then selling them for 0.7^ each feels very undervalued.
Edit: After more thought, I think think it's worth the trade. I still gain 40% more value from the labor at 0.7^ than from refining them myself, and alloys are no harder to make than food.

Question: A machine world has a 150% bonus. Does it increase the work rate and let 1 pop convert 3 alloys into 6^, or does it increase the efficiency so that 1 pop converts 2 alloys into 6^?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 06:22:37 pm by Nirur Torir »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2024, 06:40:55 pm »

The great thing about starting with 20 size-1 planets is that you cant put an Army on ALL of them :D

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2024, 06:45:30 pm »

Ultimately thoughyou can still defend them with 1 fleet though right? Since players need to beat your fleet to siege any planet? So any attacker would need to risk their own fleet in at 50/50 battle. Sure, multiple houses could team up  for good odds, but given how expensive it is to get a fleet that seriously opens up any individual house to be next on the menu if they happen to be the one to loose their fleet. Tbh, if it's not too late I'm seriously tempted to split my small planets up :P It's nice to have a big homeworld, but my small planets are too small to get any benefit.

This might be premature? If we're still in sign ups but I don't wanta miss the jump.

Quote from: food sale contract signed
House Ayes shall send 16 units of food to The Forge, in exchange The Forge shall send House Ayes 8^
Criptfeind, First Mechanator of the Forge
Lady Aywen of House Ayes

Quote from: Alloy purchase contract
House of Sands shall send 10 units of Alloy to The Forge, in exchange The Forge shall send House of Sands ^7

The Forge wishes to tender a third contract this turn, offering ^8 for 16 food or ^7 for 10 alloys. Exact amounts and rates are open for negotiation.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 09:31:27 pm by Criptfeind »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2024, 06:53:07 pm »

Correct: your fleet defends all of your planets, so long as its alive.  However, if you have no fleet, your armies can not move.  I suppose with careful politics a 20x1 start could work.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2024, 07:08:51 pm »

Question: A machine world has a 150% bonus. Does it increase the work rate and let 1 pop convert 3 alloys into 6^, or does it increase the efficiency so that 1 pop converts 2 alloys into 6^?

1 pop turns 2 Alloys into 6^ with a 150% bonus.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2024, 07:09:46 pm »

Criptfeind, I offer to lock in a 5 turn trade contract, not including this turn, of 4 minerals to 4^ per turn. That lets each of us move one pop to our capitals for better work efficiency

Quote from: Alloy sale contract
    House of Sands shall send 10 units of Alloy to The Forge, in exchange The Forge shall send House of Sands ^7
    Nirur, of the House of Sands.

The great thing about starting with 20 size-1 planets is that you cant put an Army on ALL of them :D
I'm sure it's safe. If you read the fine print, we're practically contractually bound to remain peaceful. We can't even think about going to war while our heads are filled with thoughts of how great the emperor is 24/7.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2024, 07:36:23 pm »

You can not go to war with the Emperor.

He's not quite as concerned about the squabbling of nobles, however...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2024, 09:45:20 pm »

If evictedSaint doesn't mind (since we're still starting?) I've split my starting planets up a little bit.

Spoiler: House of Vix (click to show/hide)

Since you have such a huge amount of food, would you be interested in selling some to me? Looking to buy at least 10.

Criptfeind, I offer to lock in a 5 turn trade contract, not including this turn, of 4 minerals to 4^ per turn. That lets each of us move one pop to our capitals for better work efficiency

This deal looks... A bit expensive, but potentially okay to me, would you go for 4 alloy for 3^? So .75^ per alloy, a bit more then our previous contract but still below market? Or maybe 5 alloy to 4^ (if you can make the math on that work out?)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2024, 10:09:00 pm »

Of course, move stuff around as you please.  Once Turn 1 starts, it will be locked in.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2024, 11:08:03 pm »

This deal looks... A bit expensive, but potentially okay to me, would you go for 4 alloy for 3^? So .75^ per alloy, a bit more then our previous contract but still below market? Or maybe 5 alloy to 4^ (if you can make the math on that work out?)
I didn't realize the NPC market value was 1:1.
I'm probably overthinking the math, so I'll need to overthink this more. 5 per 4^ is sounding tempting, but might stall my terraforming growth.

Of course, move stuff around as you please.  Once Turn 1 starts, it will be locked in.
I'll do that, and buy food from the market, unless someone is willing to sell some at ^6 for 10, and/or 6 food for 6 alloys.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 11:20:01 pm by Nirur Torir »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2024, 05:59:54 am »

Looking at your turn, I am wondering if you might be mixing together turn 0 and turn 1, unless we can trade/use stuff from the turn we create it?

I thought how it's suppose to work is once the game properly starts, we start with a turns worth of production, then we can start doing these trades and actions? So right now we might be jumping the gun and all these trades and actions might be premature?

I've wondered before but I'll ask now:

evictedSaint, all these trades and stuff we're doing, are we doing them too soon, since the game hasn't even started yet? These trades, presumably, need to be done turn 1, once the game has properly started?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 06:02:56 am by Criptfeind »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2024, 09:50:16 am »

evictedSaint, all these trades and stuff we're doing, are we doing them too soon, since the game hasn't even started yet? These trades, presumably, need to be done turn 1, once the game has properly started?
According to Discord you can trade on turn 0 (at least wrt food, which was my question, but probably any contracts are legal)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34