Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who deserves this new 17F planet the most?

The Emperor, of course! I wouldn't DREAM of bidding on it, I'm no traitor!
One of the greedy, squabbling lower Houses.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32

Author Topic: Risky Space Lords III: Turn seven! New Houses welcome!  (Read 7818 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords III: Turn one! New Houses welcome!
« Reply #135 on: May 16, 2024, 11:28:35 am »

Everyone should sell a planet once in their life.

Spoiler: House of Sands (click to show/hide)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 16, 2024, 12:19:30 pm »

ACTACTACT: House Radiant expands New Hydra (-1 Alloy, -1 Karat), then offers it as their bid along with 5 Alloys and 5 Karats.
Your Imperial Excellence,
We offer the recently developed colony of New Hydra, a moon of our homeworld, as a sign of our sincerity in offering to secure and develop the frontier world you have recently put to auction. While of lesser size, its potential is boundless, and it is of course impossible to offer your Majesty anything that exceeds what you already own. Compared to the paltry sums offered so far, we believe offering New Hydra shows our true loyalty. We also include the resources needed to finish the groundwork of a thriving shipbuilding industry.
Your humble servant,
Lord Nuke.

Additionally, New Charon is expanded (-4 Alloy, -4 Karat) and experiences population growth (-11 Food).
Spoiler: House Radiant (click to show/hide)
Long Live United Forenia!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords III: Not Dune. Just starting! New Houses welcome!
« Reply #137 on: May 16, 2024, 02:17:45 pm »

ACATCTACT:
I bid both Armies of the Homeworld Guard, 4 food and 10 karats

Spoiler: House Ayes (click to show/hide)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2024, 04:17:52 pm »

I've noticed that our beloved Emperor has a mighty 12 fleets, but only two shipyard worlds.
If we were to all use favors to ask for fleets at once, would they go into his construction queue and be given over time, or would he give most of his fleets away, and leave his empire vulnerable to traitors aliens?

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 16, 2024, 05:15:30 pm »

You are getting dangerously close to treason, Nirur Torir.

The Emperor would begin constructing new fleets to replace what's given away.  Theoretically, if you all worked together, the game would be over by turn 3.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 16, 2024, 08:41:08 pm »

Turn in a couple hours unless anyone here asks for an extension

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords III: Turn two! New Houses welcome!
« Reply #141 on: May 17, 2024, 01:35:39 am »

Turn 2: Electric Boogaloo
I am the Emperor.  My word is law.
TURNTURNTURN

The Emperor's Mood: Paranoid

The Emperor Insanus Cancer paces back and forth across his private study, wearing a path into his silk rugs.  The looming skyscrapers of books and shelves and hovering diamond chandeliers do little to soothe him.  Even the wine - a priceless vintage imported from off-world - did little to calm his anxiety.

"They love me.  They must love me."  He gestures widely with his goblet and a generous amount sloshes over the rim.  It stains the carpet and a few books on the bottom shelf of one of the towering bookcases, but he barely notices.  "I just need to hear them say it.  That's all.  If they say they love me then I'll be able to tell if they're lying.  It's either that or a public execution.  Either would work.  Yes.  Definitely."

His murmurs continue incessantly, and the train of twenty-four body guards, eight cup-bearers, sixteen masseuses, ninety-nine jugglers, and two courtesans follow along behind him in a respectful, dignified silence.

House Radiant wins the bid!  They are now the proud owner of a brand-new 7[0]Machineworld. Planet Hydra is given to a minor noble House, and the Alloys and Karats go into the First Empire Bank for safe keeping.

New Planet Available!
1[0]F : Size 1 Farmworld.
Available for auction.  Bids are a poem detailing how much you love the Emperor.  But not too long, or he won't read it.  And not too short, because then he might think you aren't trying.  No haikus.  Couplets are right out.  Say what you love about the Emperor in specific detail.  Particularly bad poems or failure to provide a poem may result in Excommunication.  The "best" poem wins the bid.
A small, icey moon orbiting a ringed gas giant, this fief is barely suited towards farming.  The waters beneath the icey surface are rich with nutrients and kept warm by internal volcanism caused by the nearby gas giant and it's own rapid spinning.  Growing fish and aquatic plants here would be a great way to generate food on a massive scale, but a tremendous amount of terraforming will be required to reach it's full potential.

The Emperor has Decreed that today is "I Love The Emperor Day" and as celebration you must say one nice thing about the Emperor.

For rules clarification, ships may bombard the same turn they engage in combat.  Declare which planet they are bombarding, and they will attempt to do so.  If an enemy fleet is present, combat happens first.  Surviving ships will bombard if the enemy fleet is destroyed.

Spoiler: The Emperor (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2024, 01:40:19 am by evictedSaint »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 17, 2024, 04:42:22 am »

As always, I'm buying Food and Alloys!

House Sinister will pay ^13 for 22 Food.
House Sinister will pay ^40 for 44 Alloys.

Partial offers are acceptable, but deals will only be signed once we have secured enough resources to produce the required payment.

May the stars bless the Emperor for His vigilance against all threats, both within and without. We are Safe only thanks to His tireless work.

Spoiler: House Sinister (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fealty Contract (click to show/hide)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2024, 06:38:12 am »

22 food will actually cost 17^. It's a hungry universe out there.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2024, 07:36:50 am »

Spoiler: House Harrak (click to show/hide)

House Harrak would like to trade food for alloys. I was thinking 10 food for 8 alloys.

House Harrak would like to formally declare that it loves the Emperor.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 17, 2024, 08:13:46 am »

The streets of New Pluto are bedecked in colourful banners, as the people celebrate I Love The Emperor Day with only minimal coercion.
The Emperor is truly the greatest among us. Not only does he tirelessly protect humanity, he is also an avid patron of the arts! Long live the Emperor!

ACTACTACT: House Radiant bids the following poem:
Spoiler: OC Poem do not steal (click to show/hide)

The former inhabitants of New Hydra are defrosted on what shall henceforth be known as the planet of Thpenos. Production happens.

Spoiler: House Radiant (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2024, 03:49:55 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 17, 2024, 08:30:09 am »

The House of Sands, which loves the Emperor, would like to purchase 21 food for 16^.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 17, 2024, 08:45:20 am »

Would you (or any other food planet) be interested in trading 24 food for 18^?

Also looking to buy 40 alloys for 40^
« Last Edit: May 17, 2024, 08:47:48 am by Criptfeind »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords III: Not Dune. Just starting! New Houses welcome!
« Reply #148 on: May 17, 2024, 09:02:55 am »

I sadly can not accommodate both requests (as I need to feed my own people for them to grow and multiply.)
Would First Mechanator consider buying 16 food for 12^?

Quote from: Food purchase contract
The House of Sands shall send 16^ to House Ayes, in exchange House Ayes will send 21 units of food.
Lady Aywen of the House of Ayes

Spoiler: House Ayes (click to show/hide)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 17, 2024, 09:10:20 am »

I'll meet you in the middle at ^15. By my count there is four food available for every pop, so we're a long way from starvation prices.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32