Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creating a DFHack 47.05 Timed Automatic Quicksave Script?  (Read 197 times)

tnuhnivad

• Bay Watcher
  • <dorf> has been possessed!
    • View Profile
Creating a DFHack 47.05 Timed Automatic Quicksave Script?
« on: May 23, 2024, 07:58:49 am »

Hello, Dorfs,

I enjoy 47.05 and I enjoy playing with TWBT's multi level view in ASCII. Unfortunately, using TWBT causes occasional crashes seemingly randomly. Sometimes I get multiple crashes in a single play session and sometimes I get none at all. Despite this, this is my preferred way to play DF. I've been trying to narrow down what exact settings on my PC cause such conflicts with TWBT but I haven't reached any definitive conclusions.

So, what I'd like to do is have DFHack call the quick save .lua script in fortress mode via OnMapLoad.init every 10 mins while I play and tweak various PC settings overtime. That way, I'm never at a major time loss if I do experience a CTD. I am aware of the games auto save feature however, the most frequent option is seasonal which is to infrequent in this case. I also play with a changing seasonal colors script and my favorite moments of game play occur during seasonal transitions - absolutely gorgeous - which the auto save set at seasonal interrupts.

I unfortunately have no experience coding or creating .lua scripts for DF, even simple ones that merely reference other scripts. I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable than me can help me out with this or point me in the right direction.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 08:00:53 am by tnuhnivad »