Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Medi Eggamazes, Adventurer  (Read 2881 times)

Fenrir

Re: Medi Eggamazes, Adventurer
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2008, 06:59:00 pm »

Journal of Medi Eggamazes, Adventurer
28th of Granite, 1050

Ale Screamboil, the dragon. I would have thought that name amusing were he not my next target. If the fire does not burn me alive I may well be torn to shreds by it's powerful jaws. This is the creature Armok has sent me to slay. So be it.

Journal of Medi Eggamazes, Adventurer
28th of Granite, 1050

My task is complete. Ale Screamboil lies dead, but not without a price.

The beast was upon the surface, seeking his next meal when we came upon him. One look at us and the dragon breathed a scorching blast of fire. I flanked around to dragon's right, to avoid the inferno, but my comrades did not give strategy much thought. The five of them rushed Ale Screamboil, shouting slurred battle-cries as they ran. Capzie was the first to reach the dragon, and was immediately knocked off his feet. Another fiery burst issued forth from the beast's mouth as I reached him.

The dragon knocked me over then ripped Capzie's lower half from the upper. After this it began to strike at me vicously, but luck favored me, and I was not harmed. My sword found his head, and Ale fell to the ground. The dragon was not quite dead, so we continued to attack it's scaly hide, with little effect. Deathbane managed to drive his spear in between the creature's scales and pierce several of it's vital organs.

Our prey then lay there and bled through his wounds, dying within minutes. I looked about as this took place and noticed that all the clothes of those around me had been lit by the dragonfire. Mackenzie succmubed to the great heat.

Though it was my blow to the head that doomed Ale Screamboil, it was Deathbane's spear that finished the deed, so we now call him the Dragon Slayer.

I must now return to report the kill, gather two more drunks, and await Armok's instructions.

[ February 01, 2008: Message edited by: Fenrir ]

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]