Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Medi Eggamazes, Adventurer  (Read 2880 times)

Fenrir

Medi Eggamazes, Adventurer
« on: January 08, 2008, 09:04:00 pm »

Drunk Roll-Call:
code:

Number                Owner/Name/Profession                          Status
Drunk #1      - Impending Doom (Imp, Bolt-Catcher)                  - DECEASED
Drunk #2      - RustedAxe (Confucious, Drunken Master)              - DECEASED
Drunk #3      - Xotes (Nozeri, Telepath Scout)                      - DECEASED
Drunk #4      - God of Toast (Mr. Toast, Meatshield)                - DECEASED
Drunk #5      - Rein on Your Parade (Evan, King of Parades)         - DECEASED
Spearman #1   - Deathbane (Deathbane, Dragon Slayer)                - ADVENTURING
Swordsman #1  - Xotes (Nozeri, Reincarnated Drunk)                  - ADVENTURING (And slightly pissed)
Axeman #1     - Impending Doom (Kor, Madman with a big freaking axe)- DECEASED
Drunk #6      - umiman (Bob, Chicken Defeatherer)                   - DECEASED
Drunk #7      - God of Toast (Capzie, Town Idiot)                   - DECEASED
Drunk #8      - Skanky (Mackenzie, Blood drinker)                   - DECEASED
Drunk #9      - Railick Stonemane (Bodak, Papermill of Mincetown)   - ADVENTURING
Drunk #10     - AVAILABLE                                           - ADVENTURING
Drunk #11     - AVAILABLE                                           - ADVENTURING
Drunk #12     - AVAILABLE                                           - ADVENTURING

Names and professions, please.

[ February 01, 2008: Message edited by: Fenrir ]

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
Re: Medi Eggamazes, Adventurer
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 09:14:00 pm »

Name: Imp
Proffession: Bolt-Catcher

Time to catch more bolts!

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

RustedAxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 09:47:00 pm »

Confucius
Drunken Master

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 10:03:00 pm »

Nozeri, Telepath Scout.

[ January 08, 2008: Message edited by: Xotes ]

[ January 08, 2008: Message edited by: Xotes ]

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

God of Toast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 10:28:00 pm »

Another one? Oh. Right, the other died.

Sign me up again!

Mr.Toast, Meatshield.

Fenrir

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 10:31:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by God of Toast:
<STRONG>Another one? Oh. Right, the other died.</STRONG>

Sorry about that.  :(

You should enter in the Bay Watcher Arena. It would be cool to fight a giant slice of toast!

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 10:34:00 pm »

The king of parades will quest with you!
Name him... NOT ROY!!!!
Name him Evan.
ou''re just as free to state your opinion as I am free to completely disregard it.

God of Toast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 10:47:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Fenrir:
<STRONG>
Sorry about that.   :(

You should enter in the Bay Watcher Arena. It would be cool to fight a giant slice of toast!</STRONG>

I am absolutely horrible at modding. I don't think i'd be able to create a Toast Megabeast.

Fenrir

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 10:50:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by God of Toast:
<STRONG>

I am absolutely horrible at modding. I don't think i'd be able to create a Toast Megabeast.</STRONG>

I would.

God of Toast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 10:51:00 pm »

Alright, i'll post in the Arena Thread then.

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008, 10:13:00 am »

/bump

Is anything happening here?

[ January 12, 2008: Message edited by: Dwarfaholic ]

Fenrir

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2008, 10:15:00 am »

Something will happen soon. Sorry about this too...

Fenrir

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2008, 10:32:00 am »

Journal of Medi Eggamazes, Adventurer
13th Granite, 1050

Armok came to me in a dream. He appeared to me as a cloaked figure, and though he never showed his face, somehow I knew he was Armok. He expressed how displeased he was with me without ever saying a word. I had not spilled blood in a long time, he said. He commanded me to leave this place at once and kill something, or suffer his wrath.
I awoke with a start. The available sunlight indicated the day. I had fallen asleep in the tavern again, a deep sleep brought on by excessive amount of booze. My head hurt but I dared not disobey Armok. Strewn about me were the sleeping bodies of five drunkards. As I looked at them, I figured that it would be foolish to go alone, and Armok wouldn't mind. If they came along it could only mean more bloodshed, right? I went about to each one of them, offering a share of the gold and glory, and each time the drunk accepted enthusiastically.
I then approached the mayor, and asked him about the surroundings. For several minutes he prattled on about swamps, forests, and beasts who lived there, but I couldn't care less. I needed someplace where monsters were guaranteed, we couldn't wait for the creatures to ambush us, lest Armok becomes impatient. He finally mentioned the Sewer of Stabbing, a cave where an ettin lived. This interested me, so I said "goodbye" to the mayor and we departed, our spirits high.

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2008, 10:59:00 am »

Woot! Senseless slaughter!

Fenrir

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2008, 11:37:00 am »

Journal of Medi Eggamazes, Adventurer
16th of Granite, 1050

Armok is likely pleased with me. I wish I felt the same way.

We arrived atop a cliff with another cliff to our backs. We searched and found a giant rat, who was promptly slain. More and more giant rats, ratmen, and troglodytes came up from the valley below. I figured that the cave must lie below. I never got the chance to see if I was right. We cut a path through them, felling creature after creature, all the while only suffering the slightest of wounds ourselves.

Once we reached the valley floor, my drunken comrades went toward the east, driven by some unknown sixth sense that drunks seem to possess. We met more of the same creatures and ran headlong into their midst, beating down and cleaving aside all in sight. It was then that I noticed that Evan had gone missing, but there was no time to search for him now.

Amongst the cries of battle and the screams of the dying, I heard Mr. Toast and an iron man battling one another, and I didn't need to see the fight to know that Mr. Toast needed help. I looked about us and he was nowhere to be seen. I ran about trying to find him, but I never did. A loud smack and the triumphant shout of the iron man told me I was too late.

All of the sudden, the situation took a turn for the worst. From below the hill upon which we stood, someone announced themselves. It was the ettin! He tore up the hill at me. I knew I would need the help of the others to take him down. I ran back towards where my comrades were finishing off a troglodyte then stood to the side. The ettin came at the drunks and met them with his fists flying. I then leaped into the fray, desperately hacking and slashing at the ettin with my sword.

Once the ettin had been felled with no small amount of trouble, we went further east. There were some ratmen, giant rats, and a troglodyte or two that were trapped between us and a cliff. I chased a giant ran who had slipped by us while the others fought the rest. The giant rat got away, so I went back to help the others.

I reached the fray, but my bloodlust turned to horror as I heard the scream of Nozeri, who had fallen off the cliff. I rush to where he was fighting and found the giant rat who had pushed him over. I charged at the foul beast and killed him swiftly. I could see Nozeri at the bottom of the cliff, and it was clear that he was in bad shape.

I went back the way we had came so we could reach the bottom of the cliff. Imp was so horrified by the slaughter he just stood there, ignoring all instructions to follow. Confucius was injured in the fight with the ettin, and fell unconscious occasionally, but was in good enough shape to keep fighting. As we two walked back, I heard the screams of Nozeri and the shriek of giant rats. They had eaten him.

Just as I was nearly incapacitated with horror and grief, I heard the distant battle cry of Evan! Confucious left my side to kill the few remaining troglodytes and rats while I searched for our lost comrade. I ran about shouting his name, but there was no reply. All that could be heard was a violent scuffle and his triumphant cries as he felled foe after foe. My joy was short lived, however, as he was killed by a iron man while I franticly searched for him. As I turned back to rejoin Confucious, I heard Confucious die.

Wracked with despair I began to wander, when I was attacked by two iron men. Perhaps they were Evans killers! I met them in battle and won, but they wounded my leg in the process. I couldn't stand, so I hid myself in the tall grass as I crawled around collecting the statues of iron men. I then left for the town with my loot, but the promise of riches comforted me little.

[ January 12, 2008: Message edited by: Fenrir ]

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5