Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 189

Author Topic: Migrursut: What Comes After The World Ends? [Epilogue] (A Community Fort)  (Read 376688 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Migrursut: Goodness is a Choice (A Community Fort)
« Reply #2400 on: June 30, 2010, 12:48:48 pm »

So when is Merkil's gang going to get locked in a workshop by an unethical business man and escape by creating a makeshift armored vehicle that knocks people around but never kills?

ATTENTION, EVERYONE: Jim just ruined the newest story arc, so five months of slow-trickle updates hinting at and eventually leading up to this daring escape have just been scraped.  You all can thank him after lights out.

But, I don't understand. How can I ruin the plot of an A-Team homage/parody when everybody knows the formula for A-Team episodes?

* Beeskee hands out the torches and pitchforks...

Uh oh.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: June 30, 2010, 03:11:27 pm »

So when is Merkil's gang going to get locked in a workshop by an unethical business man and escape by creating a makeshift armored vehicle that knocks people around but never kills?

ATTENTION, EVERYONE: Jim just ruined the newest story arc, so five months of slow-trickle updates hinting at and eventually leading up to this daring escape have just been scraped.  You all can thank him after lights out.

But, I don't understand. How can I ruin the plot of an A-Team homage/parody when everybody knows the formula for A-Team episodes?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: June 30, 2010, 03:19:20 pm »

I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: June 30, 2010, 03:22:13 pm »

Well, I *would* have killed him, but he's not playing in Supernatural Mafia. Pity, I could have had such fun with the flavor text when he died...
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: June 30, 2010, 04:18:46 pm »

I'm a busy man, Meph, and I don't have time for your totally awesome games I wish I was playing.

But aren't you already having enough fun with the flavor text? I mean, if you call depicting horribly gruesome deaths fun. No need for an extra body, I mean player, when you've got so many already.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: June 30, 2010, 05:06:59 pm »

I'm sure HF would agree that you can never have too many extra bodies for that sort of fun.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: June 30, 2010, 06:09:08 pm »

I'm sure HF would agree that you can never have too many extra bodies for that sort of fun.

My day is nearly ruined if I think there won't be at least a little murder and chaos in it. 

CrackFile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: July 01, 2010, 02:20:04 am »

can I still beat him with my soap-in-a-sock tonight?
Decency and Logic have been struck down

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: July 01, 2010, 08:05:19 am »

can I still beat him with my soap-in-a-sock tonight?

I love you guys, you're all fantastic <3

IronValley

• Bay Watcher
  • Purple Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: July 03, 2010, 04:08:50 pm »

Time to start re-reading this ;) Starting to loose out on the underlaying themes by reading the updates one-by-one.

Still; great humor, good writing and exciting character development! Love to see how Merkil is doing ;)

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: July 06, 2010, 09:33:37 pm »

Just a friendly heads up here. 

I'm not avoiding this or anything, but the fortress has slowed to an absolute, complete crawl.  It's so bad, I've had to make the Dwarves movement speeds 1 to get anything accomplished in a reasonable amount of time.

Tonight, it took almost three hours to get through a game-month of just building the domes and watching babbies grow up. 

Bare with if they updates are slow (again) -- for once, it's not just me being lazy!

CrackFile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: July 07, 2010, 12:28:14 am »

who uncaged the cats?
Decency and Logic have been struck down

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: July 07, 2010, 10:09:05 am »

Sounds painful. What's eating the FPS?
Come play Mafia with us!

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: July 07, 2010, 11:47:06 am »

who uncaged the cats?
Sounds painful. What's eating the FPS?

I'd wager it's a mixture of a ton of cats, donkeys (JOOOOOOOLS!), cows, and whatevers running around, coupled with tens of thousands of blocks of green glass, and redirecting water to where I want it.  I'm getting between 7 and 10 fps.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: July 07, 2010, 11:54:14 am »

Sounds like culling time. Or at least 'throw them all in a pit with no exit' time.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 189