Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Newbie thoughts on LCS  (Read 2660 times)

Acceptable Casualties

• Bay Watcher
  • That sounds like conservative thinking to me.
    • View Profile
Newbie thoughts on LCS
« on: August 10, 2008, 04:23:50 pm »

I love this game. My love for it borders on a way that's considered a crime anywhere but Vegas, but there are still a few things I wonder about.

If you have a squad with high disguise and bluff skills, can you pose as the CCS and reduce their popularity?

Do animals used for cosmetic experiments have a seduction skill? I'm just wondering, and I haven't managed to rescue any yet.

Where precisely do you get swords and other such things, and is there any major advantage to using them? Thus far I've just gone with shotguns. (Incidentally, I've also found out that shotguns don't amount to much in the event of a siege. :( )

And some features I wish to embarrass myself by suggesting:

I tend to raid a lot of sweatshops, and I often end up with too many workers, sometimes because I've had a few productive members killed in the raid. It'd be nice if there was some way to get rid of them without getting them deported or killed. Say, telling them to beat it after you exit the mission.

And related to those bastards, how about an option to make them make X amount of some outfit, at which point they go back to hanging out? It's a pain to set it up every single day, especially when you wish to make outfits for a full squad.

Would it be possible to get some serious cosmetic surgery for your glorious leader, losing a bunch of heat and, say, half your juice in the process? I can see why she'd lose respect for it, but it'd still be useful.
"Something's wrong! Murder isn't working, and that's all we're good at!"

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie thoughts on LCS
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 06:51:00 pm »

If you have a squad with high disguise and bluff skills, can you pose as the CCS and reduce their popularity?

No; Disguise just reduces your chances of being spotted during site actions.

Do animals used for cosmetic experiments have a seduction skill? I'm just wondering, and I haven't managed to rescue any yet.

Poor helpless victimized cosmetic bunnies are allowed to gambol carefree out to distant greener pastures (or nearby blacker freeways  :P) when released; i.e., they aren't recruitable.

Where precisely do you get swords and other such things, and is there any major advantage to using them? Thus far I've just gone with shotguns. (Incidentally, I've also found out that shotguns don't amount to much in the event of a siege. :( )

Hit the Oubliette in the University district.

Shotguns are (in principle) weak in sieges because the SWAT troops have body armor, and they don't have much penetration.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 08:41:03 pm »

Speaking of cosmetic surgery, it would be nice if my liberal could plunk down a few thousand dollars for reconstructive surgery.

I once had a heavy B liberal leader who had half his face blown off, and couldn't recruit anybody (seeing as he looked and probably acted like Freddy Kruger).  I eventually kidnapped somebody, who escaped.  Then the cops arrived, then he died.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 09:50:28 pm »

I was thinking the same thing when one of my chars got all of his teeth knocked out and nose shot off (in the same fight, too). I want dentures and a new nose! :)

I too would like a way to send people away, especially sweatshop workers :)

Sending them to the police station naked and letting the police gun them down works, but it seems so cruel.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 10:37:54 pm »

Well, you could always just set 'em out to do some liberal disobedience, and wait for the cops to nab 'em as illegal aliens and deport 'em.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 11:09:03 pm »

Having your people deported drops the leader's juice though, doesn't it?

Sending them naked into the police station to let the cops shoot them to death is better than THAT :) The funny thing is the news story just says that they were all killed or arrested and doesn't list anything that you did. If you instead give up your guys get brought to the courthouse on a loitering charge. The funny thing is I got 2 months in prison for it when using the court appointed attorney.

I wonder if the code recognizes that the cops killed them all for loitering and gives the cops a bad rep for it, or if it does nothing?
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 03:57:21 am »

the game belives that they are "resisting arrest", in future versions they will be beaten (or tazed) to death instead of being shot.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Acceptable Casualties

• Bay Watcher
  • That sounds like conservative thinking to me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 04:46:44 am »

the game belives that they are "resisting arrest", in future versions they will be beaten (or tazed) to death instead of being shot.
Sounds delightful.

I question my leader's priorities regarding his safehouse; I'd look into a secret, or merely alternate, exit prior to spending resources on anti-tank traps. Also, why can't I resort to cannibalism during prolonged sieges? At least it'd make those sweatshop workers useful. If you're not willing to chow down some human flesh, you don't want liberal victory badly enough.

Can you get solid slugs for the shotguns? I guess that'd make them somewhat more useful against armor.

"Something's wrong! Murder isn't working, and that's all we're good at!"

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 10:37:52 am »

Speaking of "tazed", it WOULD be rather nice to have nonlethal weapons like stun guns and tazers that you can use to disable people without killing them. That way you can swarm that CSS boss and taze him and kidnap him instead of having to shoot him half to death and have him die before you escape. Or zap people enough to get away without racking up murder charges.