Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 420578 times)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
Re: Blockedlance - An Empire to Last 1,000 Years
« Reply #1860 on: May 20, 2010, 10:04:00 am »

Have I reached maturity yet?

Nah not yet.  You might before the end of the story though.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1861 on: May 20, 2010, 10:06:10 am »

Man, this is going to be awesome.
What's that undead one there?

Sorry...never answered this.

That was the goblin squad leader.  Legendary goblin warriors have a different graphic.  All the goblins have attacks and damblocks of a few thousand now, so those legendaries are even more super awesome than normal.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

mathlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: May 24, 2010, 09:47:16 pm »

sir, just read this topic from page 1 to here

that is pure win

also, can i have a dwarf???? name it dehfawck

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: May 25, 2010, 02:06:19 am »

So the screenshots are with a tileset but the movie had ASCII graphics.

First time in a while anybody died from a seige!

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: May 26, 2010, 07:35:08 am »

when i saw your "First time in a while anybody died from a Siege!" i nearly , but not all , created a Flaming Post that would likely cause a shitstorm

Moose Fisher

• Bay Watcher
  • [DEBUG ERROR: THIS TEXT DOES NOT EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: May 26, 2010, 11:41:34 am »

when i saw your "First time in a while anybody died from a Siege!" i nearly , but not all , created a Flaming Post that would likely cause a shitstorm

I don't think implying makes your post any more polite.

Back on topic, how are the civilians handling the almost-threat to their lives?
"I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?"
-Elderly Hive Dweller

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1866 on: May 29, 2010, 01:47:30 pm »

sir, just read this topic from page 1 to here

that is pure win

also, can i have a dwarf???? name it dehfawck

Sure, you're in, along with TALLPANZER and Leesin.  I'll get a screenshot of the two noble families shortly.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1867 on: May 29, 2010, 01:55:07 pm »

Back on topic, how are the civilians handling the almost-threat to their lives?

If a civilian shows fear around here, they obviously dont have faith in Armok, and they obviously dont have faith in their own strength...and weakness is punished horribly.  These dwarves have survived fifty years of Blockedlance, I bet they were doing the entrance dance and HOPING the goblins would come.  After the gobbos died and fled, the dwarves of Blockedlance were probably walking up and down the halls, boasting about how they could have taken that entire horde on all  by themselves...with nothing but a blowgun!!!

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1868 on: May 29, 2010, 02:12:30 pm »

OH GODS!!!

THE HORRORS!!!

Spoiler: I almost lost the save (click to show/hide)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: May 29, 2010, 04:25:34 pm »

OH GODS!!!

THE HORRORS!!!

Spoiler: I almost lost the save (click to show/hide)

You must now work on a new megaproject as a sign of thanks to the gods, or, more specifically, Ber/Armok.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: May 29, 2010, 06:12:40 pm »

You should definitely make a backup of your last save to a flash drive or something.
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: May 29, 2010, 06:21:49 pm »

Or upload it to dffd.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1872 on: May 29, 2010, 10:01:12 pm »

The Empress had been partying with the Duke during the last siege, and when news was brought to her of Akhier's death and of the loss of a loyal Stonecutter and an allied diplomat, Urist became despondent.  She didnt let the peasants know of course, and put up a strong front.  She boasted how proud she was to rule over such dwarves as Akhier, and that Armok held a special place in the afterlife for great warriors such as Akhier and Akigagak, who had given the ultimate sacrifice.  She assured them how much faith she had in Armok's plan, and that no sacrifice was too great.  By the end of her speech, the dwarves were ready to throw their lives away for the Empire, even though most of them benefited so little from it.  Urist had so far maintained unity and a strong solid focus.

Deep down however, she was having serious doubts.  The fortress population had plummeted from 234 dwarves to 43, and was only now rising again (now 64).  There were only two remaining warriors left, both pagan.  There were two large noble families that could possibly take power at any moment.  With no family of her own the Empress was cornered and threatened in the Empire she supposedly ruled.  It was only the fear of Armok that kept Khamero and Jewelettarette's sons back.  But Armok no longer seemed in complete control.  Had he ever been?  He was just a god among gods, afterall.  And while he had been locked in the underworld for the last thousand years, these elf and goblin gods had been leeching spirit juju from their faithful worshipers. 

Well...it really wasn't worth it to have doubts at this point.  It's not like she could bring back all the dead and make it right with the goblins or elves.  And it's not like she would want to.  She had long ago thrown her lot in with the Blood God, and she would have to see it all the way through.  These elves and goblins were inferior sub-sapients.  Urist could not fathom a world dominated by these creatures, and she would do whatever she could do to rid the world of their plague.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1873 on: May 29, 2010, 10:24:23 pm »

Urist tried to reinvigorate her spirits by admiring her great accomplishments.  She had afterall, created a great new breed of dwarves, strong and fit and ardently loyal to the Blood God.  Here they were, inches from power, and yet they could not bring themselves to disobey Armok's chosen dwarf.  Urist looked to the scions of these two great houses, Johann Schmidt and Airag.  These dwarves were the future of dwarvenkind! 

Here is the family tree of Johann Schmidt, eldest son of the Dungeon Master and the Court Musician...

And here is the family tree of Airag, eldest son of the Grand-Duchess' youngest daughter and a reformed pagan Stonecutter...

These are the noble lineages that all future dwarven generations will one day be descended from.  If Urist had no heir, then for the next thousand years the rulers of dwarves will be from among the eldest male lines of these families.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: May 29, 2010, 10:30:34 pm »

Do I have any useful skills or whatnot?
Can nobles work? I heard they could work.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 164