Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Libash Tobat - "The Axe of Authority" - Corrupt Intentions. (community fort)  (Read 22251 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

I believe remains can be moved if you designate his new box for burials and remove the old one. just make sure no other ones are open.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

Okay, that should work.

Sorry there haven't been any updates lately; mid-terms are coming up, there are lab reports to do, and it's just been a busy week all around.  It has given me some time to think about the story, though.  I think I might take a shot at drawing some of the characters soonish.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

3rd Malachite, Summer 109
   6 . . . 5 . . . 4 . . . Flint counted off in his head, hauling several lumps of blue stone.  There were sparkling lines flowing across it.  He held it as though it were a great treasure. 

3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . “Carp, dog, what the carpin’ shit?” he shouted at the end of his countdown.  Several dwarves working on similar stones in the crafters’ sector turned and stared at him.  “What the carp er ye lookin’ at, dog?!”  Flint shouted.  The crafters resumed their work immediately.  Flint continued walking towards his workshop.

He carefully placed the stone on his work table and selected a small chisel and hammer.  He didn’t want to damage the thread.  He placed the tip in a crack between the microcline stone and the metallic blue thread, tongue sticking out of his mouth in concentration.  He struck the head of the chisel with his hammer.

Nothing.  Okay, he thought, let’s try the next chisel . . .

The process of strand extraction was not new to the dwarves, but it had not been needed in thousands of years, and accounts of precisely how to process raw Adamantine varied greatly throughout the legends of old.  One described the necessity of an Adamantine chisel, but this was dismissed once it was realized that a chisel of Adamantine could not be obtained without processing the raw form.  Another described soaking it in the blood of a dwarf.  Fortunately, Crispin’s arrow was removed at the time they tested this, so there was no great worry; however, it did not prove effective.

So finally the dwarves of Libash Tobat decided that it should be a process of trial and error.  In other words, hitting it with bigger and bigger tools until they found something that worked.

Flint now selected his largest hammer and chisel.  He held the two tools as before, and struck the head.  The microcline fractured immediately, but the thread was not yet free.

“Shit” said, just for something to say.  He then picked the smallest set of tools up once more and began chipping away at the fragments of the irritating stone trapped within the shining lattice.  It would take a long time to get a full suit of the stuff . . .

That bit at the beginning actually happened to me this past week.  I was walking to Pre-Calculus, and this guy in a hoody and low baggy pants just randomly starts shouting swear words.  I looked around, and there didn't seem to be anyone he might be talking to.  It wasn't even as if he had tripped or dropped something.  It was weird   :D
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Omnidum

• Bay Watcher
  • Blahblahblahblahblahblahblah.....
    • View Profile

That bit at the beginning actually happened to me this past week.  I was walking to Pre-Calculus, and this guy in a hoody and low baggy pants just randomly starts shouting swear words.  I looked around, and there didn't seem to be anyone he might be talking to.  It wasn't even as if he had tripped or dropped something.  It was weird   :D

It's called "singing". Believe me, I'm surrounded by the bastards.
this topic is about guys punching themselves in the balls, and nothing else

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

13th Malachite, Summer 109
   “Marvelous, simply marvelous!  This is one of the finest shields I’ve ever seen!”  Mayor Barbarossa exclaimed.  “Good job.  Two simply masterful shield and one exceptionally well made one.  One of the first two is even made from Adamantine!  Good show, Geshud.”

The legendary armorer nodded in appreciation.  “Thank you sir.”

“Yes, there would have been trouble for you if you hadn’t made these three shields.  Simply can’t have a mandate go unfulfilled you know, they’re important.” 

The armorer stared at his mayor.  He had only been in office a short time, yet the position seemed to have already gone to his head.  Still, at least his mandates were possible, not to mention useful.  He wouldn’t have thought of making an Adamantine shield so soon on his own.

That should hold off ol' Barby.  This is probably the best opportunity for awhile for someone who wants an interesting dwarf to get one (the armorer, in particular).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 05:31:08 pm by LegoLord »
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

10th Galena, Summer 109
   Several dwarves had gathered in Bubbles’ tomb to attend his official funeral.  Among them were the new Captain of the Guard, Omnidum, Gaius Boatcalm, the old and well-respected member of the fort, who was now considered the unnofficial successor to Bubbles’ position as mad maceman, and the newest mayor of Libash Tobat, Barbarossa.  There was a triangle of statues in Bubbles’ likeness surrounding a sarcophagus, as well as a weapon rack and armor stand in front of the sarcophagus.  They were all crafted from copper.

“Noble Dwarves,” Mayor Barbarossa began, standing between the sarcophagus and the statue nearest the back of the room, “We are gathered here today to honor the great achievements of a noble warrior.  A warrior who vanquished many who would have us all slain, in spite of frequently combating those of greater skill than him.  May we forever remember the efforts of Bubbles Glazestream the Scarce Memory of Dawn, the Mace Lord who single-handedly rid us of a total of twenty-one Skakdi and Goblins, among them Xuspgas Badmaggot the spearmaster.”

“May Armok preserve thine bloodstained soul.”  The dwarves chanted, according to the traditions of burial for great warriors.

“Amen.”  Barbarossa finished.
Just so I remember

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

My two dwarves meet at last...

well, only one solution. have Bubbles possess a fish.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

well, only one solution. have Bubbles possess a fish.
Wait, what?

I'm afraid we have none, regardless.  I think I had too many fishers.
Just so I remember

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

Bubbles should possess an object. If not a bubble-making fish, what about an indestructible statue that talks to people.

hmm... a new room for statues of dead warriors that give advice?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

We'll see, we'll see.  I can't see a good way to fit some of that in with the direction the story's going, though.

24th Galena, Summer 109
   Ms. Threeseal the Woodworker stood up straight in her bed in the middle of the night, and was immediately stunned hitting her head on the ceiling.  After the twenty beds in front of her fused together again, she got up and cautiously made her way towards the workshop floor.

She made several trips to various stockpiles, carefully avoiding the gaze of any soldiers.  Not that it mattered.  At one time, they would have rushed to guard the fort from a moody dwarf, but now, they didn’t care about much anymore.  They knew some fortress guard member would take care of it.
Just so I remember

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

The adamantine is causing the souls of past warriors to be able to bond more directly with the physical plane, and bubbles is too awesome off to leave entirely!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

8th Limestone, Autumn 109
   The Great Green Tower, the Tower of Death, The Great Green Death Tower, the Goblin Reaper; the tower of Libash Tobat had many names.  The one preying heavily on the mind of Kib Townquested, professional engraver, was the Green Grave.  This was because he was being chased past it by a fire imp.  He feigned a turn to the left, turned right instead, jumped behind a wall jutting out from the mesa from which the tower grew, and assumed the imp was too stupid to realize he had gone elsewhere.

This had proven faulty thinking on Kib’s part.  The imp jumped out at him, hurling a fireball at him.  It struck him in the hip, the burning mass in its center breaking his right hip as the flames burned his upper legs.  Fortunately for him, they faded quickly.  He attempted to flee, but stopped at the protest of his hip.  He then attempted to wrestle the beast.

The two began slapping each other whilst trying to avoid the others hands; like one great fiery nerd picking on a smaller, hairier nerd.  The imp managed to bruise Kib on the head.  The exchange continued for a few moments before the imp grew impatient.  It then blew a stream of fire at Kib, doing a remarkably small amount of damage.

The imp then tore a chunk out of Kib’s right hand with its mouth.  Curiously enough, the burning chunk of dwarf caused the whole imp to light on fire.  Well, more so than it previously had been, at any rate.  The increase in temperature caused Kib’s beard to light on fire, quickly enveloping him in fire and suffocating him.

From his room in the tower, Tenth saw this, and was inspired.  He would shortly arrive in Ezum's office, after sorting out the specifics of his plan . . .

. . . Which happens to be nonexistent right now.  Any ideas on what to do with the fire imp?  It's the last one, so we need to think about this carefully . . .

Edit:  Nevermind, a dog killed the thing.  Somehow, for something we only get three of, fire imps are very fragile.  So the plan will have to involve magma induced fire.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 07:10:10 pm by LegoLord »
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

9th Limestone, Autumn 109
   Ms. Threeseal the carpenter finished her work, marking it with her signature.  She also wrote the name of her creation on it; Noboterar Arceththum, “Spurnleader the Strategic Muscle.”

She wasn’t good with making up names.  She did, however, suspect it to be worth at least 160,800 dollars.  She had suspected the Queen might like some nice furniture for her room when she arrived.

“Word of the Adamantine may not yet have been sent,” she said to herself, “but it doesn’t hurt to be prepared.”
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

15th Limestone, Autumn 109
   Crispin stood in the barracks, leaning on the hilt of his sword, watching the merchants from the mountainhomes guide their animals to the trade depot over the shoulder of a statue of a generic dwarf warrior.  He wiped sweat off of his forehead with a handkerchief.  He then pulled aside a plate of adamantine adorning his right shoulder, and stuffed the handkerchief in the hole from the arrow wound.  He then pulled the plate back into position and walked off towards the food stockpile to get a drink.

Then he heard the siege alarm ring, and looked around.  He then dropped his wooden practice sword and made for the weapon stockpile to grab one of the obsidian swords recently crafted by Flint.  He grabbed his new Adamantine helm from a weapon rack and shoved it on his head, hastily shoving his beard into the beard guard.

Several squads of Skakdi had arrived at once by the time the military gathered at the trade depot.  However, they were deterred by the fall of a mere four soldiers - three dead, one captured - at the hands of the sparse traps along the entrance.

“Cowardly bastards.” Gaius muttered.

“Without those traps, the next wave won’t be.” Sheena stated.

“Still damn cowardly.” Gaius responded

“Aye, yer right thar, laddy.”  Ezum agreed.  “Okay, now we buy these turtles, an’ next year ye don’ bring so much freakin’ cheese!  Aye?  We have a deal?” she shouted at the merchant in the depot, who managed to make a trembling nod.  “Good.  Make sure thar’s some cave lobsters, too, we’re low on them’s shells.”

“Tried to make a face I could look at from cave lobster shell.  Not enough for beard guard.  Had to settle for protosteel made by armorer.”  Gaius rambled.

“Aye, what he said.  Or he’ll break yer knees, okay?”

Not sure how far into the siege I'll get tonight.  On a related note, Onul the champion has started toting the artifact protosteel warhammer.  Surprisingly, no guards are in bed with injuries.
Just so I remember

Omnidum

• Bay Watcher
  • Blahblahblahblahblahblahblah.....
    • View Profile

That's surprising for a fort this big. How is all the named dwarfs as of yet?
this topic is about guys punching themselves in the balls, and nothing else
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13