Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777798 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Those two crates that I said that I had earlier?

A strange degreaser and a hat. I really could have used something that I would actually use instead.
What you want for that Degreaser?

Any scout or soldier weapon really. I've been mostly playing as them lately so anything is is nice.
Is the Soda Popper good?

Unfortunatly, I've got that already. If you have any of the scouts melee weapons then that'll be awesome since I've only got his first bat.

I would trade you the Fan O' War, or the Atomizer for a strange Degreaser. Hell, I'll even give you both if you want.

That's a done deal then. Friend me on steam and we can do this then.

Yeah, you'll have to friend me instead. Over 100 people have the name untouchable on Steam, and obviously I don't know which one is you.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Over 100 people have the name untouchable on Steam, and obviously I don't know which one is you.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Over 100 people have the name untouchable on Steam, and obviously I don't know which one is you.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry, but I don't see it. Pointing it out would be nice right now.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

http://www.teamfortress.com/australianchristmas2011/

Info about the first half of the update ahs just gone up. The second half and the update itself is scheduled for tomorrow.

The engies new wrench is going to be fun for dealing with spies sapping your teleporter entry. Also an infinite ammo gun that saps medics ubercharge/spy cloak will be interesting to see in use.

Pyros new axe is an interesting anti medic weapon as you no longer need to pick whether to hit the medic or his target, not sure if the loss of the one hit kill of the axtinguisher is worth it though. New flamethrower has an interesting effect on being able to slef heal, but loss of airblast means that it's not likely to see much use once the novelty wears off.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 10:44:12 pm by Metalax »
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

Crazy stuff! I love the wrench, and it looks like the pyro's pistol will extinguish allies.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://www.teamfortress.com/australianchristmas2011/

Info about the first half of the update ahs just gone up. The second half and the update itself is scheduled for tomorrow.

The engies new wrench is going to be fun for dealing with spies sapping your teleporter entry. Also an infinite ammo gun that saps medics ubercharge/spy cloak will be interesting to see in use.

Pyros new axe is an interesting anti medic weapon as you no longer need to pick whether to hit the medic or his target, not sure if the loss of the one hit kill of the axtinguisher is worth it though. New flamethrower has an interesting effect on being able to slef heal, but loss of airblast means that it's not likely to see much use once the novelty wears off.

Hmm... Not being able to carry buildings is a pretty big negative, in my opinion. I like to move my sentry gun every couple of kills to keep people on their toes. The other engie weapon sounds a lot better, though it still probably won't see much use in my weapon loadout.

And I agree with your assessment about the axe, the axtinguisher will always be superior unless fighting other pyros, but then you'd just use the shotgun. The new flamethrower looks like it was designed to be used with the new shotgun replacement. It's basically a fire extinguisher that gives you crits for every flaming teammate you put out. Actually, it might be interesting to use that with the Degreaser, you know, give it some more killing power.

Oh wait! What if you used that fire extinguishing gun with the new axe? Basically you save up the crits to give to your new axe, providing crits on demand, meaning you can take out a heavy AND his medic in a single go. Heck, you could even use it against other pyros effectively! Hmm... the possibilities.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Can do the same with the flamethrower effect too.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

I don't know if the shotgun replacement will grant crits to other weapons, only itself. That would make the most sense.

The flamethrower will probably provide minicrits to everything for its duration though, so that could be handy for every weapon available. The Powerjack might be less crummy. It would also provide bonus damage to the new axe, possibly two-hitting medics by proxy.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Getting really tired of these goddamn video ads crashing my game.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Part 2 of the smissmass update.
http://www.teamfortress.com/australianchristmas2011/part2.html

and a new comic
http://www.teamfortress.com/asmissmasstory/

Edit: DFC server has been updated.

There are currently no recipies for any of the new weapons. The engineer/pyro weapons can apparently be crafted using tokens, but no weapon specific recipies yet. The christmassy weapons are crate exclusive for the next week, then they will apparently become available to be dropped/crafted.

You also get a free unlimited usee winter noisemaker once you start up after updating.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 11:38:37 pm by Metalax »
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thus far, I've managed to try out the new Engineer wrench and the new Pyro secondary.

The new wrench has a few-second delay before teleport, and it is possible to kill you before you can escape. However, it should still be handy for certain nest-engies. Plus the teleport is amusing.

The new Pyro secondary is basically the Diamondback version of the Flare Gun. You have to extinguish teammates to get crits for it, instead of getting crits for hitting people on fire. Otherwise, it seems to be identical to a flaregun. So unless you see your teammates getting lit on fire everywhere, or you use the flaregun and find its only fault to be running out of ammo, the new Pyro secondary is fairly useless. Amusing regardless, though.

I sold the wrench for a hat and I'm going to go offload the new Pyro secondary on someone now.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 01:57:22 am by TherosPherae »
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)

By what I understand, the new gun actually has an alt-fire extinguishing capability.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By what I understand, the new gun actually has an alt-fire extinguishing capability.
Well damn, guess I should have tried alt-fire before I sold it. Oh well, I'll get another one eventually.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile

I crafted the wrench.

I just went through scraping my duplicate weapons too. So I'm a little short after buying a Three Rune Blade.

I've manage to craft the Wrench. I like it. Its not very twinkable, in a sense, you can just go home whenever you've found under fire. BUT, it makes doing the spawn trip for metal much better.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Free To Play! Australian Christmas! "Merry Smissmas!"
« Reply #7574 on: December 16, 2011, 07:33:57 am »

Woah, the spycicle looks like a very powerful weapon.
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 774