Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 52354 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Day 2 - A bloody dawn
« Reply #210 on: March 27, 2009, 11:55:31 am »

I'm here, and this is my 2 cents:

Webadict did look a bit suspiscious because of that message and I still think he is, as I think webadict is quite clever so I some what doubt that he would be stupid enough to fall for something like that with out a reasonable amount of caution.
But then, Ihave been a bit dim at times, so maybe he was at that point as well. I don't know.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 27, 2009, 01:00:34 pm »

I'm here, and this is my 2 cents:

Webadict did look a bit suspiscious because of that message and I still think he is, as I think webadict is quite clever so I some what doubt that he would be stupid enough to fall for something like that with out a reasonable amount of caution.
But then, Ihave been a bit dim at times, so maybe he was at that point as well. I don't know.
No, I'm about 93% sure that the person contacting me is the Agent based on the information he's given me. However, I can't be sure until I'm 100% sure.

I think the doppelgangers know what they're doing though. They went after someone not voting AND not doing much instead of one of the loud speakers. We got lucky with that person being the War Vet. I still want Org to explain...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 27, 2009, 01:23:19 pm »

Also, I'm certain as no one has claimed Agent to falsify my statement, the likelihood of his being an Agent is higher.

1. If I were a Doppelganger that hadn't have been investigated, I'd be investigated tonight.
2. If I were the Doppelganger leader, I'd pose as the doctor, like I already said. Much less risky than this, and it forces the real doctor into the open, which is my main risk. Plus, I'd kill the agent that contacted me. Simple as that.
3. If the Agent I was talking to was a doppelganger, the real Agent would reveal himself to counter it.

I'm not saying it's risky, but it would increase our chances of winning this game significantly. Wait a little bit though, as I'm still giving a chance for another Agent claim (If the doppelgangers want to risk jumping out and getting themselves killed, then so be it. They would only have 1 person left, so it wouldn't be worth it at all.)

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #213 on: March 27, 2009, 02:11:35 pm »

Cheeetar, you must admit, acted outrageously suspicious. I was very surprised to see he was an alien - and almost panicked when I saw that part about the government (before realizing we had NOT, in fact, killed an agent).
I voted for Webadict because he pointed fingers at everyone. Why does everyone view it as suspicious?
Cheeetar... It's cool you wanna explain and I'm sorry you weren't a dopp but posting while dead is against the rules... Sorry.  And the fact of how you voted in a 1 line post was pretty scummy to me as opposed to non scummy at all webadict.
Look at the post:
"Well, you sure like to talk fast. I want to see how fast you doppelgangers die. I vote Webadict."

OH! another Cheeetar post!!! come on man! This is not a zombie game ;)

I like beacons post by the way... That's what we need.  Analizing stuff.

Woah, I just woke up, did everything just get ten times as confusing?
It did. :(

Quote from: webadict
2. If I were the Doppelganger leader, I'd pose as the doctor, like I already said. Much less risky than this, and it forces the real doctor into the open, which is my main risk. Plus, I'd kill the agent that contacted me. Simple as that.
It really doesn't if you think it right... If I were the doc I would never come out to lynch you if you claim.  That would be calling for my death.  Instead... I would wait a night and then push your lynch saying that it's absurd that you haven't died as there is no one to protect you.  Then again... people here might mislynch me for that but it's the optimal strategy... I think.

I think we should hear what the rest of the players have to say... We were 16-3 = 13... I don't remember hearing from so many people.  And those who posted 1 line... Can you give us something else? what do you think about inaluct's case on me? About webadict's agent? About webadict himself? What do you reckon the doc should do?
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 27, 2009, 02:24:22 pm »

I fail to see how the agent not outing himself proves anything.  If he stands up and says "WebAdict is lying" or something like that, then he's sure to get targetted immediately.

There's also a couple more possibilities:
1) There is no doctor, in which case if the agent outs himself, he'll have nobody to protect him.
2) There is no agent, in which case there's nobody to refute WebAddict's claim.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the rules, in which case somebody please correct me, nobody said there was definitely one of each so assuming there is in fact an agent and a doctor is not necessarily true.

I'm not necessarily saying that WebAddict is lying, because there is some logic to his claims, but I'm still on the fence on whether he is or is not a dopp at this point.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 27, 2009, 02:44:59 pm »

I fail to see how the agent not outing himself proves anything.  If he stands up and says "WebAdict is lying" or something like that, then he's sure to get targetted immediately.

1) There is no doctor, in which case if the agent outs himself, he'll have nobody to protect him.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the rules, in which case somebody please correct me, nobody said there was definitely one of each so assuming there is in fact an agent and a doctor is not necessarily true.

I'm not necessarily saying that WebAddict is lying, because there is some logic to his claims, but I'm still on the fence on whether he is or is not a dopp at this point.
How could the dopps know there is no agent? It would be very risky for the dopps. If someone claimed, they would be screwed.
I am tempted to believe webadict- but then again, with 2 town-killers dead, perhaps this is a do or die attempt by the dopps, counting on there not being a cop.
But I doubt it.
Long Live United Forenia!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 27, 2009, 03:31:51 pm »

I was saying it is bad but good because he got the doppleganger.

Not Mafia. I am not.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 27, 2009, 03:43:54 pm »

How could the dopps know there is no agent? It would be very risky for the dopps. If someone claimed, they would be screwed.
I am tempted to believe webadict- but then again, with 2 town-killers dead, perhaps this is a do or die attempt by the dopps, counting on there not being a cop.
But I doubt it.
I don't think the Dopps have any extra information than anyone else. Last game, we weren't told if there were any types of roles. Besides, I believe Agent and Doctor were guaranteed. Also, only 1 Dopp is dead, not 2.

Also, if I were lying, the real Agent wouldn't have anything to lose from claiming. I would die more likely than not and then the Agent would be protected. Otherwise, if a fake Agent claimed, you guys have a Doppelganger. I don't see why the Dopps would risk something like that.

I was saying it is bad but good because he got the doppleganger.

Not Mafia. I am not.
Hmm... I'm not at all convinced by this answer... but it's better than nothing.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 27, 2009, 03:45:20 pm »

Ill roleclaim if I have to...but that is bad.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 27, 2009, 03:57:21 pm »

Look at the post:
"Well, you sure like to talk fast. I want to see how fast you doppelgangers die. I vote Webadict."
On reviewing that, he probably had it coming. Still, though, I'm suspicious of how fast the lynch was reversed. It looked coordinated.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 27, 2009, 04:02:51 pm »

Look at the post:
On reviewing that, he probably had it coming. Still, though, I'm suspicious of how fast the lynch was reversed. It looked coordinated.
Yeah, I was almost certain I was dead.

...But, it was Pandarsenic and Solifuge that switched at the last second

I think Alexhans is innocent, but I think we need answer from all of them, not just one. I honestly thought Cheeetar was a Dopp from his vote...

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 27, 2009, 04:15:18 pm »

Webadict: Cheeetar was a the serial killer. Kind of. If you read his description, it says he has to find the agent. He can check anyone at random. If they are not the agent, he kills em. If they are, he abducts them... so he kills one guy each night, basically. Except he doesn't want the cop dead. But a cop would roleclaim rather than die, so he's ok with random lynches.
Conclusion: He was a town-killer. Who wanted nothing more than for everyone to die. And would have taken the cop if he claimed.

So killing cheeetar was a lucky break for us. The only bad thing is that it is also a lucky break for the dopps- he can't kill them at random either.
Long Live United Forenia!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 27, 2009, 05:00:55 pm »

Webadict: Cheeetar was a the serial killer. Kind of. If you read his description, it says he has to find the agent. He can check anyone at random. If they are not the agent, he kills em. If they are, he abducts them... so he kills one guy each night, basically. Except he doesn't want the cop dead. But a cop would roleclaim rather than die, so he's ok with random lynches.
Conclusion: He was a town-killer. Who wanted nothing more than for everyone to die. And would have taken the cop if he claimed.

So killing cheeetar was a lucky break for us. The only bad thing is that it is also a lucky break for the dopps- he can't kill them at random either.
Gotcha.

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 27, 2009, 05:31:21 pm »

I'm going to roleclaim.  I'm another alien.  I'm just trying to survive here.  I figure if I have that out there, I won't be targetted by lynching townsfolk or the dopplegangers.  I'd like the agent, if he's out there, to examine me to confirm this.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 27, 2009, 05:46:16 pm »

I'd like the agent, if he's out there, to examine me to confirm this.
So he can waste a night not getting anything done?

Last game, an neutral alien was responsible for the town losing. I'm very tempted to vote to lynch you, since you clearly aren't here to help us.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41