Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31

Author Topic: RTTF! - Tiebreaker Challenge Part 1, Team Alpha  (Read 42197 times)

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 7: It's callled that for a reason...
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2009, 04:36:02 pm »

Alright, now we're just missing shoruke. And Siquo, you would get a bit of experience with the beam sword if you ever got a 3 or higher on accuracy, instead of a 1 or 2.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 7: It's callled that for a reason...
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2009, 11:37:01 pm »

Sorry... was playing dnd...

Screw the BEEZ I'm outta here. I book it towards the finish line.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 8: Ya, it's a turn
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2009, 12:22:39 am »

Well, nobody really had any outstanding successes, and only those BEES had a bad failure. Overall, it wasn't a too exciting turn.

using my mind i once again fly forward...INTO KATSUN!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D
|You successfully harness your minds power once more, and you fly forwards. You attempt to fly into the unsuspecting Katsuun! |You missed, Katsuun merely felt a breeze of air. You keep flying to 120m, then land.

Screw the BEEZ I'm outta here. I book it towards the finish line.
|You are fuelled by your fear of further BEE attack, and you walk forward with great speed. You got to 140m, but you still hear Katsuun singing in the distance…

I try to use my epic singing to cause the bees to listen to me and attack Aussie.
|Your attempt to make the BEES attack Aussie fail, and instead a few BEES fly out of the medical hive and attack you! |The BEES were not at all repaired, as they fly into a wall once more. | |The BEES are smashed into pieces against the wall! The BEES who remain in the hive decide that they will repair and improve this turn, then build more mechanical BEES next turn based on this latest travesty. Then they will seek their revenge!

Stab at thee killbot again!
You stab at the Killbot again! |You miss by a meter!(I’ll still give you 1 exp and so a level up though, otherwise you might never beat this guy).

Ignore the killbot. Drag the orcbot's body onto the pressure-plate.
You attempt to drag the decapitated orcbots body onto the pressure plate. |It being a robot though, it’s rather heavy, and you don’t even manage to move it at all. You are tired from this physical effort.

Goblinbot: At 200m. Receives +1 accuracy when attacking enemies who are unaware of his presence, and also gets +1 towards sneaking past hostiles.
The Goblinbot jumps at the Killbot with dagger in hand! | The Killbot is caught unawares, and is hit in the head! |The Killbot’s face armour is tough though, and it merely receives an awesome scar.

Killbot: At 200m. Gets +1 to accuracy(half the time) and damage when it uses it's lasers to attack. Enemies get -1 to damage when they are attacking it.
The Killbot evaluates who it will attack carefully…|It chooses Siquo, and fires it’s laser cannons! | |The Killbot cannot aim as well with only one cannon, and it merely hits the briefcase that Siquo uses as a shield. |The briefcase is only slightly singed.

BEE Swarm: At 110m, in a factory hive. The swarm currently gets two attacks per turn, with -1 accuracy for both attacks, and +1 damage for both attacks.
|The BEES patch up a bit of the damage they sustained, but they didn’t manage to make any improvements to BEE technology. |They successfully transform the medical hive into an awesome BEE factory which they will use to produce more BEE warriors next turn. (+1 towards making BEES next turn)

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

Alright, this turn's challenge is as follows:
What movie from the 90's was said to have predicted the rise of reality televison?
The first person to post the answer will receive one free call to the producers of the game show you're on.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 04:26:34 pm by R1ck »

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 8: Ya, it's a turn
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2009, 03:52:15 am »

You probably mean the Truman Show, although IMHO that was more a follower than a predictor.

"Noo! My briefcase!"

Screw that, attack the Killbot with my beamsword!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2009, 04:44:58 am »

Stab at that killbot guy again.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2009, 08:06:19 am »

I procced to keep ninja jumping forward, AWAY from the bees.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2009, 04:38:22 pm »

i try to find a ranged weapon to shoot katsun

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2009, 06:58:19 pm »

Maybe this time around, the killbot will at least be injured. You guys can't hit him to save your life, and the goblinbot can never break through the armour at all. By the way, there's no telling what that goblinbot will do once the killbot goes down. Maybe Shoruke should reprogram it to be friendly? On that note, I wonder when shoruke will post a turn...

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2009, 08:19:34 pm »

Jeez. I need to GET there first to reprogram the damned thing. And thus, I keep walking.

If anyone comes near me, I smack them one with the billyclub.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 9: Robots no longer have all the luck
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2009, 09:22:48 pm »

Wow! You guys actually managed to do decently for once. Well, except for Emperor.

i try to find a ranged weapon to shoot katsun
| You get inspiration for an awesome weapon, and you run back to 110m. Once you are there, you collect mechanical BEE corpses, and start crafting them into a weapon. |After a short while you produce: The Bee Blowgun! A partially mechanical blowgun which can rapidly spit out tiny metal pieces at enemies. It can fire twice a turn, but with -1 accuracy for the second shot, and it’s range is up to 20m without penalty, and 20-40m away with a -1 accuracy penalty. The blowgun also grants +1 to critical rolls against enemies. You collect 20 pieces of ammunition, then walk back to 120m. You also gained crafting skillz!

I procced to keep ninja jumping forward, AWAY from the bees.
| |Once again, you manage to overcome your sprained ankle as you wall jump further forward. You pass by Aussie making his blowgun, then carry on to 130m.

Jeez. I need to GET there first to reprogram the damned thing. And thus, I keep walking.

If anyone comes near me, I smack them one with the billyclub.
|You are sick of your slow movement in the past, so you decide to jog forward this time! You move quickly to 200m, and observe the current situation.

Screw that, attack the Killbot with my beamsword!
|You finally manage to actually hit someone with your beam sword! Amazing. |However, you only scraped the surface of the killbots arm, and he merely gets yet another large scratch. But his many cuts now cause others to get +1 to their critical rolls against him. (If you can even get a critical roll, that is…)

Stab at that killbot guy again.
|You once again make a fool of yourself by missing the enemy by quite a bit. You don’t even feel more experienced.

Goblinbot: At 200m. Receives +1 accuracy when attacking enemies who are unaware of his presence, and also gets +1 towards sneaking past hostiles. Dazed for one turn(-1 to all rolls).
The goblin is very persistent, and he stabs at the killbot once more! |Just as he was about to stab, the killbot noticed him, picked him up with his massive arms, and threw him! |The goblinbot is thrown in the direction of the pressure plate, and he lands on it. The plate cushions some of the landing. |However, the goblinbot still got quite dazed from the landing. The steel door suddenly opens, revealing a swamp stretching away into the distance down the hallway.

Killbot: At 200m. Gets +1 to accuracy(half the time) and damage when it uses it's lasers to attack. Enemies get -1 to damage when they are attacking it. Takes +1 to critical rolls.
The Killbot is annoyed at Siquo for scratching him yet again, and he fires his laser! | |The Killbot’s many scars are apparently distracting him, so he completely misses Siquo. Instead, he somehow hits a shiny piece of wall. |The laser beam reflects off the wall and hits the orc bot’s corpse, blasting the legs off! (People now get +1 towards moving the corpse).

BEE Swarm: At 110m, in a factory hive. The swarm currently gets two attacks per turn, with -1 accuracy for the second attack, and +2 damage for both attacks.
The BEES work in their new BEE factory, and make more BEES. |More BEE warriors are constructed, and the BEE swam now gets +2 damage to their attacks. The swarm also calms down a bit, and so they only receive the -1 accuracy to their second attack in a turn.  They will launch the swarm next turn, and attempt to kill all that they encounter.

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 09:50:15 pm by R1ck »

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 9: Robots no longer have all the luck
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2009, 09:35:22 pm »

God damn run through the swamp!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2009, 09:39:29 pm »

Oh yes, did I mention that moving through the swamp directly incurs a -2 to the movement roll? (But it can't go to 1 due to that). Naturally the ways Aussie and Katsuun move around wouldn't incur this penalty.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2009, 09:48:14 pm »

Fine, I change my turn to attack the killbot again! Mayhap now my pitchfork can pierce it!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2009, 10:09:33 pm »

Jeez... what to do... so many options... I'm going to reprogram the goblinbot. Hopefully I'll augment it enough that it will actually be useful.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2009, 04:43:40 am »

Run through the swamp, but slowly, prodding the ground ahead, making sure I don't sink in it.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31