Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31

Author Topic: RTTF! - Tiebreaker Challenge Part 1, Team Alpha  (Read 42196 times)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 9: Robots no longer have all the luck
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2009, 04:44:45 am »

GOD DAMN IT YOU PUSSY, DON'T RUN AWAY!

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2009, 05:08:34 am »

using the power of my mind i try to make the bees follow my orders!

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2009, 08:21:20 am »

I go backwards and ninja jump into Aussies head.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 10: Ironic? No, not at all
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2009, 11:05:24 am »

A lucky turn overall. Emperor finally managed to succeed in his quest, and Aussie has become the BEE emperor.

Run through the swamp, but slowly, prodding the ground ahead, making sure I don't sink in it.
| |You try to get running, but you slip, and fall to the ground! While on the ground, you notice a small mousehole like hole in the wall, and you reach your hand in. |You pull out a small brown bag with a rope tie. You open the bag finding…|a mechanical rat who jumps and bites your hand! |It’s teeth aren’t very sharp though, but it leaves a small cut. |You manage to close the bag again, and trap the rat inside. However, you went a little crazy on the knots…(-1 to opening bag).  |Suddenly you feel quite sick, and fall to the ground in convulsions!(-2 to all non recovery actions).You vomit.

Fine, I change my turn to attack the killbot again! Mayhap now my pitchfork can pierce it!
|You aim your trusty pitchfork well, straight at the killbot’s head! |The killbot is propelled away by the force of the blow! |The killbot has been struck down. It’s pieces fly everywhere! |Siquo isn’t hit because he’s on the ground. The goblinbot rolls out of the way!(The steel door closes)Emperor is hit in the arm! Shoruke is hit in the leg! | |Emp’s right arm is cut up! Shoruke’s pants protect him. The killbot’s pieces are a total wreck, and none of the complex mechanics or lasers survived.

Jeez... what to do... so many options... I'm going to reprogram the goblinbot. Hopefully I'll augment it enough that it will actually be useful.
|You masterfully shut down the goblinbot right after the explosion. You open the bot up, and get to work. |Well, you’ve done it again. (I’m too lazy to write out the goblin’s skills twice, just read them below in the goblins status.) Anyways, you did a good job, but some of the goblinbot’s previous programming was destroyed. You feel quite experienced.

using the power of my mind i try to make the bees follow my orders!
|You somehow manage to get into the BEES heads, and they are now your somewhat loyal servants. However, there will be a control roll every turn to see if you can keep it up. You also feel more experienced in mindcraftery.

I go backwards and ninja jump into Aussies head.
|Ninja Jump Attack!!!  You hit Aussie in the head with your feet. |However, you didn’t hit him very hard, and he’s not even knocked down. You did improve at ninja jumping though.

Goblinbot: At 200m. A loyal servant of Shoruke. Gets innate +1 accuracy, and an additional +1 if the target is unaware of it’s presence. Gets +1 to movement rolls. Gets +1 to critical rolls.
|The goblinbot attempts to improve it’s dagger with the many pieces of robot lying around. |He can’t find anything to attach the metal with, and gives up.

BEE Swarm: At 110m, in a factory hive. The swarm currently gets two attacks per turn, with -1 accuracy for the second attack, and +2 damage for both attacks. Wounded (-1 damage next turn).
||The BEES for some reason decide to transform the BEE factory into a BEE arena. |They cause the hive to collapse, while some of the BEES are still inside! |All of the BEES made it out alive, but some were injured. (-1 to damage next turn)

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

Well, I guess it's challenge time again. This time, I'm switching it up a bit.
The best picture submitted depicting the killing of the Killbot will get the bonus.
The pictures can either be hand drawn, computer drawn, or just some pictures slapped together. The winner will receive a one time +1 to a roll for anything they desire.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 12:46:37 pm by R1ck »
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 10: Ironic? No, not at all
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2009, 11:09:22 am »

I COMBO attack Aussie with ninja and Jump kicks.

Sans context.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2009, 11:37:59 am »

I order the goblinbot to stand on the pressure plate, and start through the swamp, clubbing any I meet with my billyclub.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 06:57:56 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2009, 04:06:58 pm »

wile dodging katsun's kicks I (with my mind) become in total control of the BEES

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2009, 06:50:45 pm »

If/when the goblin bot stands on the pressure plate I carefully jog through the swamp.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2009, 07:26:30 pm »

Nice pic Emperor, you'll win by default if nobody else puts up a picture. Actually I'm making a picture too which I'll post along with the next turn.

I wonder what Siquo is doing...And also why I use ellipses so much...

Edit: Man, it looks like the absolute limit for this game is one turn a day. Good night everyone.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 11:57:02 pm by R1ck »

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2009, 08:25:32 am »

Siquo heals himself. Then wades through the swamp again.

I like the challenges by the way!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 11: Whip vines, orc toss, and BEES
« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2009, 08:01:08 pm »

There was a ton of 5s and 6s this turn. Also 1s, so there was interesting results.
I'm starting to wonder how big the turns will have to get before the turns have to put into two posts.

Goblinbot: At 200m. A loyal servant of Shoruke. Gets innate +1 accuracy, and an additional +1 if the target is unaware of it’s presence. Gets +1 to movement rolls. Gets +1 to critical rolls.
|The goblinbot hears and obeys Shoruke’s command. The door opens. |The goblin then decides to attack |Siquo! |He misses Siquo by a bit with his dagger. The door closes again.

I order the goblinbot to stand on the pressure plate, and start through the swamp, clubbing any I meet with my billyclub.
|As soon as the door opens, you run through the gate! The door soon closes behind you. The swamp greatly slows you down, and you only get to 230m. You think you can see the end of it in the distance.

Siquo heals himself. Then wades through the swamp again.
|Siquo attempts to un-sickify himself.|Whatever he did, it worked, and Siquo suddenly feels great again. He stands up just in time for the goblinbot to come at him with a dagger! He misses Siquo, but the door closed, blocking Siquo’s path forward. |Siquo once again attempts to drag the orc bot’s corpse onto the pressure plate. |He decides to really show physics who’s boss, so he picks up the corpse and hurls it at the pressure plate! | It perfectly lands on the pressure plate, and somehow stays intact. The door opens again.

If/when the goblin bot stands on the pressure plate I carefully jog through the swamp.
| |You’re off like a rocket as soon as the door opens. However, your attempt to walk carefully only makes you go even slower than you would otherwise. You get to 230m. |You come across an odd plant once you get there, and you look at it more closely. Suddenly, 3 whip-like vines come out of the swamp, and they attack you!   | They missed you completely, probably because they don’t have eyes. |They instead smashed into a wall and became lifeless. You think that they would make a good rope, and you cut them off, and then tie them all together. |You have made The Water of Demons, a whip vine rope! (See your status for it’s effects).

I COMBO attack Aussie with ninja and Jump kicks.
You attack Aussie with a vicious ninja jump attack! |You missed, and instead fly towards the wall. |(+1 to jump kick accuracy)You wall jump, and attack Aussie again with a jump kick! |You missed him again, but you feel a bit more experienced at your special combo attack.

wile dodging katsun's kicks I (with my mind) become in total control of the BEES
You didn’t even have to dodge, because Katsuun’s attacks were so inaccurate. However, you did marvel at the transition. You turn your attention to your BEE army. |You managed to quell the rebellious thoughts of the BEES, but you feel that it’s only a short-term solution.(+1 to control roll this turn and next turn)

BEE Swarm: At 110m. Loyal to Aussie. The swarm currently gets two attacks per turn, with -1 accuracy for the second attack, and +2 damage for both attacks.
|The BEES have become more accustomed to their master.(control roll every second turn from now on). |The BEES decide to still hold fights, even though they don’t have an arena. |A BEE champion arose from the fighting! He has been granted the power to operate independently from the rest of the BEE swarm(while still under control of king Aussie, of course).

BEE champion: At 190m. The best fighter among the BEES. Receives +1 to damage rolls.
|Oh noez! The BEE champion has broken free from the control of king Aussie! He attempts to fly away from the mindless swarm. |He got to 190m

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

I declare Emperor the winner of the picture challenge, but I also offer kudos to Siquo for that awesome photo.
As promised, here is the picture I made:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You guys should probably start using your bonuses sometime.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 06:11:46 pm by R1ck »

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 11: Whip vines, orc toss, and BEES
« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2009, 08:17:50 pm »

I attempt to become a reality warper and make it so that bees defy the law of gravity and float off into space.

Sans context.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2009, 09:21:56 pm »

Uh, there's two things wrong with that. 1.This is the real world, it's just the future, so no reality warping. 2.The hallway has a roof.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2009, 09:24:11 pm »

Damn it. I just keep ninja jumping into Aussies head then.

Sans context.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2009, 09:26:17 pm »

Well, if the other players can do ninja stuff and mind control, I'm going to focus my chakra and, Naruto-style, walk on top of the swamp. Actually, make that RUN on the swamp.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31