Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31

Author Topic: RTTF! - Tiebreaker Challenge Part 1, Team Alpha  (Read 42321 times)

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 11: Whip vines, orc toss, and BEES
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2009, 09:57:51 pm »

Well, if the other players can do ninja stuff and mind control, I'm going to focus my chakra and, Naruto-style, walk on top of the swamp. Actually, make that RUN on the swamp.

How dare you.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2009, 01:21:01 am »

I order my BEES to attack katsun!

(this time katsun)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2009, 01:23:46 am »

Well, I keep going!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2009, 02:37:34 am »

Fly through the trees in the swamp, tarzan style! Or run if that made no sense.

((Oh I did see my bonus but what's the benefit of calling a stuck-up producer who is just as likely to not help me? I'll keep it as a last-minute life-line. "I'd like to call a friend". ))

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2009, 05:02:11 pm »

Siquo, there are no trees in the swamp, I'll just change that to something similar. And the producer you call is required to answer almost any question you have. It's not even based on a dice roll or nutin! :D
Anyways, a turn is forthcoming.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 06, 2009, 05:19:00 pm »

Umm, I want to change my action to using my chakra to walk on the walls instead of on top of the swamp.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 12: Swamp shoes, and a brain-damaged dwarf
« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2009, 06:01:12 pm »

I'm afraid it's too late to change that now Shoruke. Anyways, this turn was pretty exciting, mostly due to the Rule of Cool.

I order my BEES to attack katsun!

|You give a rousing speech to your BEE army, and they are extremely energized by it! The BEES organize carefully for their attack upon Katsuun.(+1 to damage of first attack, +1 to accuracy of second attack).

Damn it. I just keep ninja jumping into Aussies head then.
You ninja jump at Katsuun!|However, at the last second the flash from a camerabot taking a picture blinds you, and you miss horribly. |You don’t hit the ground very hard though, and you stand up and dust yourself off.

Well, if the other players can do ninja stuff and mind control, I'm going to focus my chakra and, Naruto-style, walk on top of the swamp. Actually, make that RUN on the swamp.
Inspired by Emperor's plant-crafting, you decide to try to make some swamp-walking shoes out of some plants. |You manage to find some very thick lilypads, as well as some strong vines of various sizes. (+1 to crafting roll). |You have created a pair of awesome swamp-shoes! They completely negate the movement penalty from the swamp, as well as adding +10m to all movement rolls while you are in the swamp! You put the shoes on, and you are now standing on top of the swamp.

Well, I keep going!
|Yes, you do, but very slowly. You are now at 240m.

Fly through the trees in the swamp, tarzan style! Or run if that made no sense.

You notice a distinct lack of trees, so you instead decide to walk on the woody plants in the swamp. | |You find a few plants to walk on, but several times when you try to jump between them you just fall in instead. You’re now at 210m.

Goblinbot: At 200m. A loyal servant of Shoruke. Gets innate +1 accuracy, and an additional +1 if the target is unaware of it’s presence. Gets +1 to movement rolls. Gets +1 to critical rolls. Enemies get +1 to damage rolls against him.
|The goblinbot decides that catching up to it’s master would be a good idea. |But just as it is about to start off, |A dwarfbot smashes through the wall using a pickaxe! He looks like he knows how to handle that thing, and he also shares the dwarfkind hatred of goblins.

Dwarfbot: At 200m. Wielding a pickaxe. Master Miner(+1 accuracy when using pickaxe)
The dwarfbot attacks the goblinbot with his pickaxe! |His skill with the pickaxe helps his aim, and he hits the goblinbot in the torso! | |The goblinbot flies into a wall from the hit! His outer body is badly damaged, but none of his internal mechanisms are destroyed. (+1 to damage rolls against him).

BEE champion: At 190m. The best fighter among the BEES. Receives +1 to damage rolls.
| The BEE champion continues onwards, and sees the dwarfbot almost kill the goblinbot. | As he is an honourable BEE, he decides to help the besieged goblin. He attacks the dwarf! |He hits the dwarfbot with his stinger in the head! | |Some of the dwarf’s finer computer parts are destroyed, but nothing completely necessary.(Dwarf loses miner skill).

BEE Swarm: At 120m. Loyal to Aussie. The swarm currently gets two attacks per turn, with -1 accuracy for the second attack, and +2 damage for both attacks.
The BEES attack Katsuun, as per their orders. |They buzz by his ear, but they regroup for a second attack! |The BEES have missed again, and they beg forgiveness from Aussie for their failure.

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

My oh my, is it challenge time again already? It mighty seems that it taint not. Alrighty then:
The person who posts the answer to the math question: (2+2-2*2)/2^2+log2 first will receive the bonus.
The bonus is the one time ability to steal a challenge bonus from another player.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 06:11:08 pm by R1ck »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 12: Swamp shoes, and a brain-damaged dwarf
« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2009, 06:07:11 pm »

(2+2-2*2)/2^2+log2
The 2's cancel out and turn into 0+log(2).
log(2)=0.30102999566398119521373889472449

I run over the swamp, clubbing Emperor over the head on my way by.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 06, 2009, 06:35:44 pm »

I use my whip to grab onto the tree branches and propel myself forward!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 06, 2009, 06:46:15 pm »

You notice a distinct lack of trees
However, you could still try to use your rope to go faster, just come up with something somewhat reasonable.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2009, 07:40:52 pm »

uh.

I use my whip to grab onto stationary objects to propel myself forward!

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2009, 07:44:57 pm »

I combo kick the bee swarm at Aussie.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2009, 08:19:40 pm »

I use my whip to grab onto stationary objects to propel myself forward!
Much better. I suppose the swamp should actually be called a bog or a marsh, but it's too late to change it now.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2009, 01:25:18 am »

i forgive the bees and i command the bees to attack!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2009, 02:47:32 am »

I wall-run forward, prince-of-persia style!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31