Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31

Author Topic: RTTF! - Tiebreaker Challenge Part 1, Team Alpha  (Read 42313 times)

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 13: A mass robot murderer, and torpedo attacks
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2009, 05:30:18 pm »

There was a lot of robots dying this turn, as well as people being injured. Can't we all just get along?

i forgive the bees and i command the bees to attack!
|You lift the BEES saddened spirits with another great speech, and assure them that they will succeed this time around. The BEES let out a cheer, and then get into formation. (+1 accuracy to both attacks)

I combo kick the bee swarm at Aussie.
You listen to Aussie’s awesome speech, then attack the BEE swarm with a jump kick right after they get into position. |Your jump kick falls a bit short of the mark, |and you hit the ground and slide. You decide not to try a ninja kick.

I use my whip to grab onto stationary objects to propel myself forward!
|You suddenly noticed the cameras that are on the roof observing you, and you decide that they would make great rope-holds. |It’s difficult to get the rope to latch on, but you do manage the feat a couple of times. You’re now at 250m. You estimate that you’re about halfway through the swamp.

I run over the swamp, clubbing Emperor over the head on my way by.
|Using your new neato shoes, you walk forward, on top of the swamp. As you come up to Emperor, you decide to hit him with your billyclub! | |The blow partially glances off his shield, but you still hit him in the head! | |You discover that he has a very thick skull, and you only succeeded in making yourself fall into the swamp. You are now at 250m.

I wall-run forward, prince-of-persia style!
|You look for something that you could use to ramp up onto the wall, but you only find a thick vine that you prop up against the wall. |You somehow succeed, and you run along the wall. You get to 260m before you get tired and fall down. You’re not quite sure how you just did that, but you feel a bit more experienced at it. |As you stand panting, you see something that looks like a small log come floating down the swampwater. It opens its mouth, revealing rows of sharp teeth, and you realize that it’s a mininature crocodile. It looks pretty hungry. 

Mini Croc:At 260m. Gets +1 to critical rolls.
The mini croc suddenly rushes at Siquo! |His aim was a bit off, and he torpedoes into the wall! |He slowed down at the last second though, and he is not injured, only more angry.

Goblinbot: At 200m. A loyal servant of Shoruke. Gets innate +1 accuracy, and an additional +1 if the target is unaware of it’s presence. Gets +1 to movement rolls. Gets +1 to critical rolls. Enemies get +1 to damage rolls against him.
The goblinbot stabs at the dwarfbot! |He hits the dwarfbot in the back and |the dagger goes in deep and hard! |The blow somehow set off the booze fuel inside the dwarf, and he explodes into bits! |The goblin is hit in the leg by the head!(he loses movement bonus), while the BEE champion is hit by the flying pick! |The pick impales him against the wall! The goblinbot mourns the death of his ally.

BEE Swarm: At 120m. Loyal to Aussie. The swarm currently gets two attacks per turn, with -1 accuracy for the second attack, and +1 damage for both attacks.
|The BEES love king Aussie, and they will no longer question his command. The BEES attack Katsuun again! |They almost hit him in the arm, but not quite. They attack again! |They hit him in the right leg! | |The leg is stung many times, and quickly becomes unusable. Naturally, the BEES who stung him died. (Damage bonus reduced to +1).

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile

I unleash a battle cry. And punctuate it by my phat beats. And put the bees to sleep by that. Then I laugh manically.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

I jump back on top of the swamp, and run for it, leaving all of you behind to duke it out with the crocodile if you wish. Phear my waterwalking skills footwear!
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile

I use my whip to do what I did last time, grab onto stationary objects and propel myself forward!

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile

i order my bees to attck katsun angain (is that a free action?)

if that is a free action i (using the power of my mind) try to make katsun sleep

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Kill crocodile with beam sword.

Then wall-run again.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 14: And just when ER is shutting down...
« Reply #126 on: April 08, 2009, 07:42:04 pm »

Basically everyone but Aussie and the mini-croc failed this turn. But Shoruke received the brunt of the bad luck...

i order my bees to attck katsun angain (is that a free action?)

if that is a free action i (using the power of my mind) try to make katsun sleep
| |You giv the BEES a graet spech, angain, and tehy are embiggened, despet the los of some BEES in teh lats attck.(+1 two accruracy of seconed attck, +1 to critecal roles this turn)

I unleash a battle cry. And punctuate it by my phat beats. And put the bees to sleep by that. Then I laugh manically.
|Your “phat beats” only make the BEES more angry! You can also almost hear audiences around the world booing at you. You ain’t no freestyle rapper.

Kill crocodile with beam sword.

Then wall-run again.
You briefly attempt to harness the power of the force, then you swing your beamsword at the mini-croc! |Despite all your fancy, showy attacks, you miss. You feel a little more experienced at beamswordsmening though.

I jump back on top of the swamp, and run for it, leaving all of you behind to duke it out with the crocodile if you wish. Phear my waterwalking skills footwear!
|You get up, then jog forward on top of the swamp. As you pass by the mini croc and Siquo, the mini-croc jumps out of the water at you! |He hits you in the foot, teeth first! | He somehow gets a good bite-hold, and he starts chewing viciously! He shakes you around by the foot!|The foot is torn away, and remains in his mouth! Suddenly, alarms blare in the area, and a tranquilizer dart comes out of nowhere and hits the mini-croc dead on, causing it to instantly fall asleep. A medic team comes out of a hidden door in the wall, and they take Shoruke on a stretcher to the medical clinic. Another medic manages to tear the foot from the crocs mouth, and takes it as well. |The shows doctors have seen this kind of thing many times, and Shoruke will be out in 2 turns.

I use my whip to do what I did last time, grab onto stationary objects and propel myself forward!
You once again attempt to swing from the cameras like tarzan. | |You can’t get up to a decent speed due to the thickness of the swamp, and you only manage to use the rope to help you move a bit. You arrive at 260m just in time to see the medical team rescue Shoruke. Naturally, you are horrified, while at the same time glad that there’s less competition.

Mini Croc:At 260m. Gets +1 to critical rolls. Deep Asleep(-2 to waking up this turn and next)
The croc tries to wake up from the chemical-induced dream. |He dreams of eating T-bone steaks, and he likes it.

Goblinbot: At 200m. A loyal servant of Shoruke. Gets innate +1 accuracy, and an additional +1 if the target is unaware of it’s presence. Gets +1 to movement rolls. Gets +1 to critical rolls. Enemies get +1 to damage rolls against him.
|The goblinbot attempts to make something out of all the robot parts lying around. |Somehow, he finds many perfectly useable and useful pieces.(+1 to crafting roll). |The goblinbot decides that patching up himself would be the best course of action, and he attempts to do so. |He managed to fix up his leg, but not his body armour.

BEE Swarm: At 120m. Loyal to Aussie. The swarm currently gets two attacks per turn, with -1 accuracy for the second attack, and +1 damage for both attacks(half the time). The swarm is pretty depleted, but still in high spirits.
The BEES attack Katsuun once again. |They hit him in the left hand! |The BEES stingers fail to have too much sting, and the main effect of the attack is that more BEES die.(only gain damage bonus half the time).Nevertheless, the BEES fly in for another attack! |The BEES are confused and they hit Katsuun’s guitar. They are quite perplexed by it.

Now, you may have noticed the two links in my sig below. One is for this thread, and the only leads to my dwarf fortress fortress:BHTEAMHOB. Based on the Points of interest therein, you should be able to answer this question:
What is the name of the champion who's missing his foot?
The person who posts the answer closest to the current time(20:42 Forum time), tomorrow, will receive a +1 bonus to a movement roll.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 14: And just when ER is shutting down...
« Reply #127 on: April 08, 2009, 08:31:01 pm »

Keep swinging on stationary objects!

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 08, 2009, 08:45:59 pm »

Now, you may have noticed the two links in my sig below. One is for this thread, and the only leads to my dwarf fortress fortress:BHTEAMHOB. Based on the Points of interest therein, you should be able to answer this question:
What is the name of the champion who's missing his foot?
The person who posts the answer closest to the current time(20:42 Forum time), tomorrow, will receive a +1 bonus to a movement roll.

Mosus, lost his foot to a hyrda attack, resting in Barracks One. Interesting fort by the way. I like the neat and clean look, because I myself cant do it...

Anyways, I ninja jump backwards as far as I can.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 08, 2009, 09:40:23 pm »

I curse like a sailor... continuously.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 09, 2009, 02:38:31 am »

Aww cute croc. ;D

Wall-run forward again.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 09, 2009, 02:42:19 am »

I try to make my bees into wasps! (using my mind)

ps. it was not that bad spelling  >:(

pps. i'm going on a holiday for a few days so please a.i. me or something

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 15: Mind blasts and sticky shoes
« Reply #132 on: April 09, 2009, 03:49:39 pm »

I wonder how many people actually read this game other than people who are in it...Anyways...
ROLL TO DODGE!!!
I curse like a sailor... continuously.
|As you lay in the clinic bed before you foot re-attachment surgery, you swear up a storm, but you feel kind of silly since you’re in a room by yourself.

I try to make my bees into wasps! (using my mind)

|You focus intently on the BEES, and imagine them turning into killer wasps instead. Something went haywire in your head, and your mental powers flow out unstoppably at the BEES! |The BEES are hit by the psychic shockwave and |They are blasted down the hallway! You have a headache from using so much power all at once.

Anyways, I ninja jump backwards as far as I can.
The GM is confused by your action, and he rolls for interpretation! |The GM decides that you meant that you want to heal yourself, so that you can ninja jump like you used to be able to.
You attempt to heal your injuries up. |You decide to inject yourself with what’s left in the needle to see what happens. |Whatever was in there acts like a super powerful healing agent, your sprained ankle feels normal again, and your right leg is at least somewhat useable once more.

Keep swinging on stationary objects!
|You can’t manage to hook your rope onto anything, and you decide to just wade through normally. |The swamp continues to slow you down, but you advanced to 270m.

Wall-run forward again.
|You get the brilliant idea to use some sticky plant resin so that you don’t have to get up to insane speeds to run on the wall. You apply some to your shoes, |then start walking forwards on the wall. You got to the end of the swamp at 300m, then you carefully stepped off the wall and washed the resin off your shoes.

Mini Croc:At 260m. Gets +1 to critical rolls. Deep Asleep(-2 to waking up this turn and next)
He tries to wake up again. |He is wracked by nightmares of being wrestled into submission on a tv show. The croc is still very deep asleep.

Goblinbot: At 200m. A loyal servant of Shoruke. Gets innate +1 accuracy, and an additional +1 if the target is unaware of it’s presence. Gets +1 to movement rolls. Gets +1 to critical rolls. Enemies get +1 to damage rolls against him.Completely waterproof.
|The goblinbot is about to set off into the swamp in search of Shoruke when he realizes that the water would quickly get into his circuitry and cause him to malfunction. Thus, the goblinbot attempts to waterproof himself. |The goblinbot used up the last of the robot parts lying around in order to make himself completely waterproof. He also repaired the damage to his body at the same time. He clanks when he walks now though, so he lost the accuracy bonus when an enemy is unaware of his presence.

BEE Swarm: At 140m. Loyal to Aussie. The swarm currently gets two attacks per turn, with -1 accuracy for the second attack, and +1 damage for both attacks(half the time). The swarm is pretty depleted, but still in high spirits.
|The BEE swarm ended up at 170m from the psychic blast, and they attempt to fly back to Aussie. |They flew to 140m.

TV Clinic Staff: In the Clinic.
The doctors and nurses at the show’s clinic perform surgery on Shoruke. |They weren’t any complications, and Shoruke will still be out in two turns, but the foot won’t quite work the way it used to.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 08:35:17 pm by R1ck »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 15: Mind blasts and sticky shoes
« Reply #133 on: April 09, 2009, 04:04:53 pm »

So am I going to get out after next turn, or after two more turns? I'm confyoozled.

I try to negotiate with the medics to let me out at the end of the swamp, instead of the spot where I was injured.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 15: Mind blasts and sticky shoes
« Reply #134 on: April 09, 2009, 05:41:11 pm »

You're getting out the turn after next turn. And normally you would be released to 200m, not where you where injured, but we'll see where negotiations lead.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31