Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31

Author Topic: RTTF! - Tiebreaker Challenge Part 1, Team Alpha  (Read 42193 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 19: Great treasures have been found...
« Reply #165 on: April 16, 2009, 02:24:14 pm »

Okay, NOW I go to that barrel and pick out a sword. And then keep running (hopefully I can outrun Siquo).
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 16, 2009, 05:41:30 pm »

I command my wasps to lift me and go forward!!!

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 16, 2009, 06:43:12 pm »

Keep running. If anyone tries to pass me I slash them with my name sword!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! A Retrospective
« Reply #168 on: April 16, 2009, 11:20:04 pm »

I thought that I should do something special for the twentieth turn of my humble roll to dodge. So, I present to you: A retrospective, put into spoiler tags so as to not have people complain about walls of text.

Spoiler: GM's Corner (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: What if? (click to show/hide)

Turn 20 will be coming up pretty quickly, I already have it mostly done.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 20: A plague of sadness
« Reply #169 on: April 16, 2009, 11:31:59 pm »

Turn 20 has arrived.

I command my wasps to lift me and go forward!!!
|You give your remaining wasps a heartwarming speech, and they feel like they can easily fly you to victory! (+2 to wasp-assisted flight this turn, +1 to wasp flight movement roll this turn, wasps will get a damage roll with -1 to it if the starting movement roll is over 4)

Okay, NOW I go to that barrel and pick out a sword. And then keep running (hopefully I can outrun Siquo).
|Just as you are about to set off to find the barrel of swords that you somehow know about a |wave of extreme depression washes over you! |You are almost helpless against the invisible attacker, and you sit down and start crying your eyes out. (It’s a depression trap which will be active this turn and next turn)

Put on armor. Wall-speedwalk forward again, and Strike Shoruke with my beamsword. If I actually get a swing in, use my +1 luck roll.
You put on your new armour, and it fits you well. You try to start wallrunning again. |You soon catch up to Shoruke by doing so, but suddenly a blast of sadness hits you in the brain! |You start weeping bitterly, and you feel like things will never get better.

Keep running. If anyone tries to pass me I slash them with my name sword!
|You continue to examine your exquisite sword as you walk forwards. You arrive at 400m, and find a wall blocking your path which is covered with multicoloured pieces of plastic. |You figure out that at the pieces could form the logo of “Who wants to be steenking rich?” if they were put together in a certain way.

I get irritated and just hijack the nearest ambulance and drive back to the race course.
|You are sleeping blissfully, and you can’t wake up. (The clinic you are in is just behind the walls of the playing hallway, there’s no need to hijack an ambulance. Besides, negotiation would work better than brute force here.)

Mini Croc:At 250m. Gets +1 to critical rolls. Very sick(Sickness roll every turn, -1 to accuracy)
|The mini-croc tries to find some sort of food. |Oh noez! The mini-croc found some poisonous vines, and ate them whole! |The mini-croc is now very sick.

WaspSwarm: At 190m. Loyal to Aussie. Intelligent(+1 to thinking what to do rolls). There's only a few wasps left in the swarm.
|The wasps easily pick up Aussie, and they start flying forward! |The wasps carried Aussie to 190m before they got too tired and had to let him to the ground. Aussie thanks them for their stupendous effort.

TV Clinic Staff: In the Clinic.
Katsuun is fully healed now, so the staff are focusing on the injured from such shows as; “The most lovable prostitute in America”, and “Dogs, man’s best fiend”. 

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

Another pictorial challenge! So:
Create a picture somehow of your character as of turn 20, and post it in this thread.
The bonus which everyone can get is +1 to a movement roll, but it is only usable if there are at least 2 players in front of you.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 11:39:15 pm by R1ck »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 20: A plague of sadness
« Reply #170 on: April 17, 2009, 01:15:25 am »

Sadness and agaony are powerful emotions! Screaming and wailing like a baby, I run forward! And next time I get a sudden event, I'm using my challenge bonus on it.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 17, 2009, 02:21:06 am »

Depressed as I am, I want to end it all. I will not end myself before I ended everyone else though. Finding strength in this purpose, I pursue and attack Shoruke.

On the game itself, it's taking a lot longer than I expected as well, but not to worry. The low number of pageviews is probably because we all update pretty often (Yay, an active DM! *cheer*), and we probably update often as players because it's actually a quite an interesting story we've developed. Noone is "first" and stays in that place for too long, you actually have a feel of being in a race. Even Aussie and Katsuun can, with lucky rolls, catch up pretty quickly.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 17, 2009, 06:09:44 am »

But I WANT an ambulance so I can cruse through the race course! I try to awaken and when I do, I try to convince them to lend me an AMBULANCE.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 17, 2009, 06:24:23 am »

Run forward.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 17, 2009, 10:30:12 am »

Thanks for the compliments Siquo. Also thanks to Shoruke for choosing to use one of his many bonuses. Speaking of which, isn't anyone going to get the challenge bonus from the last turn, or from the turn two turns ago?

Anyways, we're missing Aussie here, but since there was two turns yesterday, I'm not going to invoke the action posting rule. (Not yet anyways ;))

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 17, 2009, 11:59:12 am »

Okay hopefully paint, tinypic.com, and bay12 are all compatible enough that we can all see this decently.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: actually making the picture show up. And apparently it works decently, hza.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 17, 2009, 05:49:52 pm »

Here we go:

Ultra pen, Briefcase with burnmarks, beam sword, light armor, very sad, dirty, clothes that have been dried with a laser, and #*&$^!# shoeless. Oh, and a bag with a rat in it. Really, why did I join this show? I had a good career going, you know, engineering... stuff. What am I doing here?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 17, 2009, 06:00:49 pm »

That's an awesome picture Siquo! Why does it look like he's wearing kneepads though? I also like Shoruke's picture, especially how his tear ducts are powerful enough to fire tears upwards in an arc. You guys both get the bonus.

I hope we can get another turn in today, Aussieguy has posted at this time of day before, so it's a possibility.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 06:02:51 pm by R1ck »

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 17, 2009, 06:07:05 pm »

Light armor I envisioned as shoulderpads and kneepads.

Edit: and thanks, I'm quite pleased with the result myself   ;D

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 17, 2009, 06:42:35 pm »

Your picture totally pwnt mine... but whatever, the challenge said that everybody would be able to get the bonus if they posted a picture of themselves at all (is how I interpreted it), and I am not complaining about the +1 movement roll. I'm going to use it to escape the murderous Siquo.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31