Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31

Author Topic: RTTF! - Tiebreaker Challenge Part 1, Team Alpha  (Read 42189 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 23: Katsuun gets beat up
« Reply #195 on: April 20, 2009, 07:16:45 pm »

Well I'm kinda boned if I can't shut this fricking bot down. So I'll try again.

Quick question though, is Siquo's call to the producer a challenge bonus, or can everyone do that, or what?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 20, 2009, 07:29:27 pm »

I ignore everything and ninja jump past the body guards, at this point just looking for anything thats fast to hijack. I'll even accept a strecher modifed with a wheel or something. I NEED ME WHEELS.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 20, 2009, 07:33:26 pm »

Quick question though, is Siquo's call to the producer a challenge bonus, or can everyone do that, or what?
It's a challenge bonus Siquo won a while back, only he can use it. However, sometimes people from the show might speak to you on occasion, like how they explained to emperor how a skill sphere works.

I ignore everything and ninja jump past the body guards, at this point just looking for anything thats fast to hijack. I'll even accept a strecher modifed with a wheel or something. I NEED ME WHEELS.
The door back to the medical clinic is firmly closed. Please stop trying to do such crazy things, you could catch up pretty easily if you just start ninja jumping forward(after you open the steel door, that is).
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 20, 2009, 09:26:53 pm »

Woah! look at all those 5's and 6's! I wake up and fly forward!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 21, 2009, 02:48:44 am »

I hope you ran out of 6es there, Aussieguy...

Think happy thoughts again. Dream of flooding magma, incinerating the intruders! Use luck bonus if necessary!

Then chop at the globe again.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 21, 2009, 03:21:34 am »

Try puzzle again.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 21, 2009, 06:08:09 am »

Fine! I'll attempt to force the door open and jump through it before it closes again.

Sans context.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 24: The Zombie, Magma, and a smashed Earth
« Reply #202 on: April 21, 2009, 04:22:28 pm »

More bad luck for most people this turn. Some crazy overshots that others got don't help the matter.

Well I'm kinda boned if I can't shut this fricking bot down. So I'll try again.
|Your ribs aren't hurting too badly, so you try to shut down the earthbot again. |The earthbot is completely shut down, it’s legs give out and it falls to the ground. | |The earthbot’s face is smashed into a unrecognizable mass of junk! You aren’t quite sure if you will be able to turn the bot on again, but you try to reprogram it anyways. |You have entered into a programming trance! You type extremely rapidly on the keyboard, and your hands blur as you mess around with some cords. |You know that you have made the globebot much more efficient, and also that it’s your slave now, but beyond that you can’t remember what you programmed in to it. Of course, it’s face is still smashed in, and it’s still shut down.

Think happy thoughts again. Dream of flooding magma, incinerating the intruders! Use luck bonus if necessary!

Then chop at the globe again.
|Your bodies natural defences have rallied back, and they drive the evil intruders away from the fortress wall! |You pull the lever in your dream, and the magma flows out slowly, and the invaders all get out of the way. But there is now a river of magma between them and the fortress, and it will not cool for another 3 turns. (Until then, no more fever resist rolls)

Try puzzle again.
|You side starts hurting again, but you still continue on with your puzzling.(Wound roll every turn again)|You gaze at the puzzle for a minute, then you realize perfectly how to slide the pieces, and you do so. Soon, the puzzle is put together, and the wall slides upwards, revealing the hallway up ahead. You hear a ticking sound nearby, it sounds like a overly fast clock. 

Woah! look at all those 5's and 6's! I wake up and fly forward!
|You wake up from your dream very refreshed, and happy that your wasps are alive again. |You levitate into the air using your mind, and you see a strange hatch in the ceiling above you. You float up to it, and then open the hatch. |You find a small dusty wooden room, with a tarp lying over something in the corner. You throw off the tarp, revealing |a zombie robot lying underneath! The zombie looks hungry for your brains.

Fine! I'll attempt to force the door open and jump through it before it closes again.
|You stand on the pressure plate, then after the door opens you jump dramatically through it! You easily made it through,| but you keep on flying, and you land in the swamp head first. |You taught yourself how to swim at motel pools, so you easily get back to the surface after a second. You somehow lost your rope in the swamp while you were swimming though. You are now at 210m.

WaspSwarm: At 150m. Loyal to Aussie. Intelligent(+1 to thinking what to do rolls). The swarm gets two attacks per turn, but gets -1 accuracy with the second attack. Speedy(+1 to movement rolls). The swarm has been resurrected from the dead.
|The wasps decide to have some fun, so they designate a small flying track, and they hold race competition with their best flyers. |The wasps who were racing learned some tricks while racing, and after the race they teach them to the rest of the wasps. All the wasps can now fly much faster.

Robotic Zombie: In a small room above 270m. Using a grabbing attack, and gets +2 accuracy if it has a hold on an enemy. Causes plague rolls with successful bite attacks.
The robotic zombie lunges at Aussie! |It gets a grip around Aussie’s torso, and he holds Katsuun tightly in a bear hug.(-1 to escaping) It looks like it’s going to start chowing down next turn.

Killer Earth Robot: At 400m. Currently shut down. A slave of Shoruke. Possesses superior programming, of some kind, as well as a extremely smashed face.
He is shut down, and can’t do anything.

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

A sound based challenge approacheth!
The challenge is, what line in this video corresponds with the line "Carry on,carry on,as if nothing really matters" in the song bohemian rhapsody? (Lyrics)
The winner will get a bonus of +1 to a roll which in some way benefits another player.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 02:40:32 pm by R1ck »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 24: The Zombie, Magma, and a smashed Earth
« Reply #203 on: April 21, 2009, 04:41:44 pm »

I'm going to try and fix the robot. All the pieces should still be here, just dented up a little, right?

If I finish that in good time, I'll take a look around to locate the source of The Mysterious Ticking Noise.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 21, 2009, 04:57:03 pm »

NO READING THIS THATS CHEATING
its main screen main screen main screen turn onnnnnn!

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 21, 2009, 05:13:01 pm »

I will continue to jump forward untill I reach Aussie, where I ninja kick him while the zombie is holding him down.

Sans context.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 21, 2009, 05:30:07 pm »

You say it lunges at katsunn when i'm the only one there  ???

Anyhoo I command my wasps to attack katsun and i try to get out of the hold

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 21, 2009, 06:04:08 pm »

RUN, RUN!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 22, 2009, 01:17:15 am »

WAKE UP! RUN!

Challenge: "Main screen main screen main screen turn ooohoonnn!"

Lucky I skipped to the good part what a crap people can make in their spare time.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 25: Incapacitation has it's day
« Reply #209 on: April 22, 2009, 08:12:30 pm »

What it says on the tin. Seriously people, injuries are not things to be taken lightly, unless they're light injuries of course.

You say it lunges at katsunn when i'm the only one there  ???

Anyhoo I command my wasps to attack katsun and i try to get out of the hold
|Your attempts to get free only cause the zombie bot to try to hold onto you even more tightly. |But while the zombie was adjusting his grip, you managed to escape from his grasp. The zombie moans angrily once he realizes what happened.

I will continue to jump forward untill I reach Aussie, where I ninja kick him while the zombie is holding him down.
|You slip up on your first jump, and you fall into the swamp from 3m up! |You landed feet first though, but you decide to just walk forward instead of jumping this time. You got to 220m.

I'm going to try and fix the robot. All the pieces should still be here, just dented up a little, right?

|The pain from your injury suddenly flares up again, and you fall to the ground from the pain! The fall only injures your ribs more, and you feel like the pain will never go away now. (+1 to pain rolls) You should probably fix up those ribs sometime, if only you had a medkit or something.

RUN, RUN!
|You side spontaneously starts bleeding again, and a great pain erupts as well. You lie down, and clutch at your side while muttering profanities. (-1 to wound roll from now on)

WAKE UP! RUN!

|You try to wake yourself up from your unconsciousness, but you only managed to make yourself fall into an even deeper sleep, in which many dreams come.

WaspSwarm: At 150m. Loyal to Aussie. Intelligent(+1 to thinking what to do rolls). The swarm gets two attacks per turn, but gets -1 accuracy with the second attack. Speedy(+1 to movement rolls). The swarm has been resurrected from the dead.
|The wasps decide to go super turbo speed forwards, in order to look for king Aussie. | |The wasps fly at almost supersonic speeds, but they are not very shaken up by it. They soon get to the closed door at 200m, and wonder how they are going to get through.

Robotic Zombie: In a small room above 270m. Using a grabbing attack, and gets +2 accuracy if it has a hold on an enemy. Causes plague rolls with successful bite attacks.
The zombie tries to get a grip on Aussie again. |He tripped a little while he was coming, and he only got Aussie's leg. His grip isn’t very tight. (+1 to getting away)

Killer Earth Robot: At 400m. Currently shut down. A slave of Shoruke. Possesses superior programming, of some kind, as well as a extremely smashed face.
He’s still shut down, and still quite smashed up.

---: |

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

Siquo won the last challenge, although theevilmonk actually posted the answer first.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 02:40:08 pm by R1ck »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31