Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31

Author Topic: RTTF! - Tiebreaker Challenge Part 1, Team Alpha  (Read 42329 times)

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 35: Drugs and head voices
« Reply #300 on: May 04, 2009, 06:12:25 am »

I will take my bonus toward Combiner. And I will try to figure out the Puzzle Door.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 35: Drugs and head voices
« Reply #301 on: May 04, 2009, 08:10:01 pm »

Also, emperor gets -1 to acc from pitchfork and -1 to acc from my briefcase. Just in case, next time we fight. Which is likely.
Yeah, the -1 from the briefcase would have made no difference this time. But the -1 from the pitchfork is negated from his skill at pitchforking.

I don't think Emperor's really trying to severely injure you, if he was, he'd be better off using the player killer.

Anyways, one turn coming up!
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 36: Siquo has been accosted by vermin lately
« Reply #302 on: May 04, 2009, 08:58:48 pm »

Nothing much happened this turn, really. Even though the only one who really succeeded was Shoruke.

GAH! Well I guess I'm going to solve the puzzle door again and head through it.
You are released from the clinic at 400m, and you immediately try to figure out the puzzle door again. |You remember some tricks about how you solved it last time, so you quickly solve the puzzle again. The door opens before you.

I will take my bonus toward Combiner. And I will try to figure out the Puzzle Door.
You watch Shoruke solving the puzzle, and when he’s done the door opens. You think about what you’re going to do now…|You put on the brown shoes, and put your old comfortable white shoes on the ground. The shoes are a little big for you.

I coomand the wasps to come to me and tell them well done

I attack the robot with my mind!!
You disregard the crazy voice in your head, then you congratulate your wasps on a job well done. You try to fire a blast of kinetic energy at the killer earth bot. | You fail to concentrate, and you get a minor headache from your attempt.

If Siquo does not attack me: Try to find a way to get past the steel wall.
You look for a way to get over the steel wall. |You figure that what the wall needs is some smashing! You attack the wall with |the player killer. Despite your best efforts, the wall hardly gets a scratch. |At least the sword didn’t get too dented up.

Push red button AGAIN! There must be something to it...

You press the red button again. |You hear a sound coming from the mousehole, so you look to see another large mechanical rat coming through. It’s so large, it actually has to enlarge the hole as it comes through. It has glowing red eyes, and it looks really vicious. It stares at you, and prepares for an attack!

Killer Mech Rat: At 600m. Gets +1 to damage and criticals.
Two spinning saw blades pop out of the rat’s back, and he attacks Siquo with them! .|Luckily for Siquo, it’s jump was quite a bit off.

WaspSwarm: At 160m. Loyal to Aussie. Intelligent(+1 to thinking what to do rolls). The swarm gets two attacks per turn, but gets -1 accuracy with the second attack. Speedy(+1 to movement rolls). The swarm has been resurrected from the dead.
The wasps finish up their celebrations, then they say goodbye again to the broken nest, and try to fly back to Aussie.|The wasps aren’t really in any hurry, so they only get to 160m.

Killer Earth Robot: At 450m. It doesn't do anything if it doesn't get a command from Shoruke, but it can hear his commands no matter where he is. Gets +2 to movement rolls. Gets +1 to accuracy and damage rolls. It's back is very cracked(enemies get +1 damage with accuracy rolls of 4,5 or 6. It's left leg is broken(-1 to some rolls)
The robot attacks Aussie again with a roll attack! .|The globe barely misses Aussie.

Stunning Sword Sentry Gun: At 360m. It attacks by firing electrified swords at Katsuun’s enemies. Accuracy rolls of 3, 4, 5, or 6 cause stunning rolls, and accuracy rolls of 4,5, or 6 cause damage rolls, sword effect rolls, and possibly critical rolls in addition to a stunning roll. The gun can’t move itself, and it’s pretty heavy so carrying it requires a strength roll.
The gun is unsure whether or not Shoruke is an enemy. |It decides that Shoruke isn’t really a serious threat to Katsuun.

80’s Bot: At 400m. Possesses a metal fro, Sunglasses(+1 to coolness rolls), rollerskates(+1 to movement rolls), and a combat yo-yo(gets +1 to critical). It also has an innate coolness about it which can protect it from serious injuries.
|The 80’s bot tries to improve it’s sunglasses, and make them more awesome. |It gives up after it can’t find anything to add.

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

I know what the challenge will be this time around! I call it international telephone! Since I made up the term myself, you're going to need the explanation below.
So, the winner of the challenge will be the person who can create the funniest text using this as your source material.
Since this challenge could potentially be time-intensive, the prize is the addition of 30m to one movement you make.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 07:10:37 pm by R1ck »

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 36: Siquo has been accosted by vermin lately
« Reply #303 on: May 04, 2009, 09:04:20 pm »

Try and hit the thing at the top of the wall down.

Pick up and throw the red toy mouse at the thing at the top of the wall.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 09:06:27 pm by Emperor_Jonathan »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 04, 2009, 10:54:45 pm »

"Hey Katsuun, truce." I run forward.

Well my IT wasn't bad.
Spoiler: Internation Telephone (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 10:57:23 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 05, 2009, 01:21:33 am »

I shoot the danm robot with my bee blow gun twice

can the next challenge something i can do like something to do with dnd or australia

somthing with the POI's

400m: Aussie and Katsuun and the stunning sword sentry gun are here. The puzzle door is open
450m: Aussie and the killer earth bot are here.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 01:23:19 am by AussieGuy »

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 05, 2009, 02:47:27 am »

Help Emperor get the thing on top of the wall by giving him a boost. Not high enough to get him *over* the wall, mind you.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 05, 2009, 06:06:45 am »

{Nods at Shuroke}

I will follow Shuroke as best I can with MY SENTRY.

Sans context.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 05, 2009, 07:15:14 pm »

can the next challenge something i can do like something to do with dnd or australia

somthing with the POI's

Sure, I can probably come up with something along those lines...

400m: Aussie and Katsuun and the stunning sword sentry gun are here. The puzzle door is open
450m: Aussie and the killer earth bot are here.
Well obviously there's cloning machines in the future. If your two selves work together, you could blow away the competition!  ;)

One hot turn, coming right up!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 05, 2009, 07:36:21 pm »

{Nods at Shuroke}

Sorry to nitpick at someone I'm truced with... but... It's Shoruke. You've got my vowels bass-ackwards. Shoruke.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 05, 2009, 07:57:10 pm »

Goddamn it, I can never spell anything correctly. Especially when using labtops. I apoligize. (See?)

Sans context.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 05, 2009, 08:13:43 pm »

Yup, and I understand that ailment perfectly. Laptops suck... except that they're portable...

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 37: Yet more ungrievous injuries
« Reply #312 on: May 05, 2009, 08:19:39 pm »

It's nice to see everybody working together this turn, but it didn't really amount of much. At all.

"Hey Katsuun, truce." I run forward.
You propose a truce to Katsuun, then you try to keep running forward. |You get into a great rhythm with a fast-walk, and you quickly eat up the ground in front of you. You soon get to where Aussie and the globebot are fighting.

{Nods at Shuroke}

You agree to Shoruke’s proposal. You then try to keep going forward with your sentry gun. |You once again jump up on top of the barrel, and you run forward on top of it. You simply speed through the hallway, and you only stop when you get tired at 500m. |A sudden flash out of nowhere blinds you for a second, and when you open your eyes again you find a wooden armoire in front of you. You briefly wonder where it came from, then you open it up, revealing |an ornate silver shield in the armoire. You put it on your arm.

I shoot the danm robot with my bee blow gun twice

You attack the killer earth bot again with the BEE blowgun |The first BEE barely zings by the Earthbot’s arm, so you fire again. |The projectile hits the Earthbot in the right leg. |It just bounces off though.

Pick up and throw the red toy mouse at the thing at the top of the wall.
You try to catch the red toy mouse. |You catch it easily because it has such a predictable movement path. You hurl the mouse at whatever’s sitting on top of the wall. |It slips out of your hand though, and it lands on your right foot. | |Somehow the weight of the mouse breaks your right foot. Ouch. You fall to the ground and clutch your foot.

Help Emperor get the thing on top of the wall by giving him a boost. Not high enough to get him *over* the wall, mind you.
You see that helping Emperor to see over the wall now is probably impossible, so you look around instead, and try to solve the mystery of the wall. |You realize that the toy mouse, small mechanical rat, and large mechanical rat are integral to the puzzle. You have a hunch that Emperor had the right idea with catching the mouse.

Killer Mech Rat: At 600m. Gets +1 to damage and critical.
The rat picks it’s target carefully… |It chooses the prone Emperor. It tries to bite him with it’s sharp teeth. |It bites Emperor right in the head but | | |Emperors head isn't even cut from the bite though.

WaspSwarm: At 200m. Loyal to Aussie. Intelligent(+1 to thinking what to do rolls). The swarm gets two attacks per turn, but gets -1 accuracy with the second attack. Speedy(+1 to movement rolls). The swarm has been resurrected from the dead.
The wasps continue their migration back to king Aussie. |This time they take the trip a lot more seriously, and they fly very quickly. They soon get to 200m, and they are befuddled by the steel door blocking the way there.

Killer Earth Robot: At 450m. It doesn't do anything if it doesn't get a command from Shoruke, but it can hear his commands no matter where he is. Gets +2 to movement rolls. Gets +1 to accuracy and damage rolls. It's back is very cracked(enemies get +1 damage with accuracy rolls of 4,5 or 6. It's left leg is broken(-1 to some rolls)
Raaarg! EARTH SMASH! |Aussie is completely bowled over! | |Aussie is thrown into a wall, he’s bleeding all over now, and his organs are hurting a bit.

Stunning Sword Sentry Gun: At 500m. It attacks by firing electrified swords at Katsuun’s enemies. Accuracy rolls of 3, 4, 5, or 6 cause stunning rolls, and accuracy rolls of 4,5, or 6 cause damage rolls, sword effect rolls, and possibly critical rolls in addition to a stunning roll. The gun can’t move itself, and it’s pretty heavy so carrying it requires a strength roll.
There are no enemies around that the sentry gun can attack.

80’s Bot: At 450m. Possesses a metal fro, Sunglasses(+1 to coolness rolls), rollerskates(+1 to movement rolls), and a combat yo-yo(gets +1 to critical). It also has an innate coolness about it which can protect it from serious injuries.
|The 80’s bot rollerskates forward. |He gets to 450m, and he examines the three creatures there carefully….| |He chooses to attack Shoruke again with his combat yo-yo. |His tricky attack misses, but it looks pretty awesome.

---: |Shoruke and Aussie hear the puzzle door closing in the distance.

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

Shoruke is the winner by default of the challenge. I can't believe nobody else even tried, it's a pretty fun game, at least to me.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 05:52:22 pm by R1ck »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 37: Yet more ungrievous injuries
« Reply #313 on: May 05, 2009, 08:40:21 pm »

Just keep walking. Hopefully my turn is before Aussie's (he's probably not got a lot of good feelings towards me right now). I'll use my 1-time challenge bonuses for movement.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 37: Yet more ungrievous injuries
« Reply #314 on: May 05, 2009, 09:37:23 pm »

I Focus all my mind energy on a blast of mind force into the stupid robot

(if i have a bonus i'll use that now)

Aussie has become enraged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31