Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31

Author Topic: RTTF! - Tiebreaker Challenge Part 1, Team Alpha  (Read 42317 times)

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 39b: One spot open now!
« Reply #345 on: May 18, 2009, 05:52:28 am »

'S what I said.

Seriously: D'oh.

And yes: Go back to the darkness whence you came!
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 18, 2009, 06:26:13 am »

Sarcasm detection module: failure.

Still... Live, in the name of Toady and all that is holy, LIVE!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 20, 2009, 04:21:17 pm »

So help me R1ck update! Or I'll- I'll...

Hey now wait. What DO you threaten a dying forumgoer with?

I'LL KILL MYSELF, FOLLOW YOU TO WHEREVER YOUR SOUL ENDS UP, AND SMACK YA ONE!
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 39c: It's Alive!
« Reply #348 on: May 22, 2009, 10:33:16 pm »

Don't ya guys worry now, I'm alive! I'm sorry about the whole lengthy hiatus thing, hopefully I won't pull another one before the game ends.

Turn 40 is coming, complete with the introduction of Vlynndar Rickets and Serephe Abasia.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 40: Introducing...
« Reply #349 on: May 23, 2009, 12:04:38 am »

Turn 40. I hope you're happy now. I know I am.
KEEP ROLLIN.
|You are about to keep rolling along with your barrel when a door in the wall suddenly opens, and |A well dressed butler bot carrying a staff with a orb on top of it walks through the door. “Here you are sir.” It says as it hands you the staff. It then walks away. You realize that you can’t carry all the stuff you have now, you just don’t have enough hands. The advanced medkit is currently on the ground, since you put it down to take the staff.

Disregarding the incoming stats for the new people, I'm going to steal Siquo's treasure bonus and keep walking forward. I'll just leave the globebot to deal with the 80's bot.
Yoink! You steal Siquos +1 to a treasure roll bonus!
You keep walking forward. |You’re a bit tired from your fast walking before, you so don’t go very fast this time around. You got to 570m.

CLIMB UP THE LADDER GO GO, KEEP GOING FORWARD!

and wtf siquo, you bitch
You try to climb up on the lowered ladder. |You start climbing, and you get three quarters of the way to the top.

Sorry... I... I didn't mean to...

Pick up beamsword, get up on the ladder and go FORWARD!
You pick up the hapless beamsword, then you start climbing the ladder after Emperor. |You feel that you simply must get to the top first, so you speed climb, and try to pass Emperor on the ladder. |You couldn’t quite figure out a way to do it without falling, so you decide not to try.

I try to wake up
You try to wake up from your deep unconciousness. |You cause yourself be a little more awake, but waking up fully will take a little more effort.(e.g. a roll[with no penalties though])

WaspSwarm: At 150m. Loyal to Aussie. Intelligent(+1 to thinking what to do rolls). Simply Decimated(-1 to accuracy and damage and some other rolls), Dazed(Must roll to become undazed)
The wasps try to fly back to 200m with their nest in hand. On the count of 3 they will start moving. One…Two…|Wait, where’s that mysterious smoke coming from? When the mysterious smoke clears, the wasps see |A steel slime blocking the way ahead. It looks pretty tough, and hostile to the wasps.

Steel Slime: At 150m. Enemies get -1 to damage and critical against it.
The steel slime attacks the waspswarm with a jump attack. |It hits the wasps and the nest they are carrying dead on with the attack. | |The slime hits like a freight train at full speed, and the wasps are destroyed by the dozens! Even the still living wasps are knocked to the ground and dazed by the impact. The nest is also smashed into a million little pieces.

Killer Earth Robot: At 450m. It doesn't do anything if it doesn't get a command from Shoruke, but it can hear his commands no matter where he is. Gets +2 to movement rolls. Gets +1 to accuracy and damage rolls. It's back is very cracked(enemies get +1 damage with accuracy rolls of 4,5 or 6. It's left leg is broken(-1 to some rolls)
The killer earth bot attacks the entangled 80’s bot. |The killer earth bots rolling attack wasn’t very well aimed, it was only a glancing blow. The blow glanced off the 80’s bot’s left leg but | | |the leg was completely torn off from the hit! The 80’s bot falls over, and he does so in such a uncool way that he perishes from the impact with the floor.

Stunning Sword Sentry Gun: At 550m. It attacks by firing electrified swords at Katsuun’s enemies. Accuracy rolls of 3, 4, 5, or 6 cause stunning rolls, and accuracy rolls of 4,5, or 6 cause damage rolls, sword effect rolls, and possibly critical rolls in addition to a stunning roll. The gun can’t move itself, and it’s pretty heavy so carrying it requires a strength roll.
“Yawn” Thinks the gun. It wishes to kill something.

***: The ladder that Emperor and Siquo are on is slowly raised to a horizontal position by machinery, then it swivels 90 degrees quickly to be completely on top of the wall again. Since Siquo and Emperor were far away from the fast moving base, they held on easily. They can both see a soft mat on the far side of the wall to fall on to safely.
Gee, I hope that made sense to you...

Medical Clinic Staff: In the medical clinic.
The staff try to fix up Aussie’s minor injuries that were left over from his self healing. |They fixed him to full health again, but he’s still asleep, and they’re not going to discharge him until he wakes up.

INTRO TIME!!!
Suddenly everyone’s earphones activate, and you hear the live show’s audio feed coming through.
“Ladies and gentlemen, the online votes have are been tallied, and the result is that absolutely everyone supports the introduction of two new players to the show’s already exciting and dynamic cast!” The announcer shouts cheerfully. You can only imagine his hand gestures and such. He continues. “So, say hello to two people with funny names, but great potential: Vlynndar Rickets and Serephe Abasia!”
Vlynndar and Serephe step out through a door at | |520m, and wave to the many flying cameras that clutter the sky like mosquitoes. Home audiences around the world at thrilled at these exciting new additions to the show.

Item and skill rolls:
Vlynndar: 2,1. 3,2 | 1,5. 5,3
Serephe:  1,4. 3,6 | 1,2. 5,2

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

I suppose it is time for yet another challenge. A movie question this is:
What movie's title could be translated to "Searching for nobody"?
The first person to post the answer will be PM'd info on the nature of the final challenge at the very end of the hallway.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 05:59:55 pm by R1ck »

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 40: Introducing...
« Reply #350 on: May 23, 2009, 12:26:43 am »

Jump onto the mat and keep runing.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 23, 2009, 12:36:21 am »

I want in!

Stick me with a random character.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 23, 2009, 03:50:43 am »

Jump on the mat, and wallrun forward! Steal back my bonus that I was using and use it again for the first treasure roll that comes on my path. Also, flip a finger at Shoruke even though she can't see me.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 23, 2009, 06:39:19 am »

Whoo!

I do a victory dance for the viewers at home.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 23, 2009, 09:04:14 am »

I want in!

Stick me with a random character.
Sorry, all the open spots have been filled. I don't want this game to have tons and tons of people, it would be hard to sort out, and the turns would take forever to do.

Jump on the mat, and wallrun forward! Steal back my bonus that I was using and use it again for the first treasure roll that comes on my path. Also, flip a finger at Shoruke even though she can't see me.
Shoruke stole your bonus using a stealing bonus of his own. Unless you somehow get one of those, getting that treasure bonus back is impossible.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 23, 2009, 12:00:06 pm »

Impossible?!? Let me call my good friend the producer, he will... oh damn, already used that.  ;)

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 23, 2009, 03:41:49 pm »

I search for cats.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 23, 2009, 05:04:16 pm »

I search for cats.

...What are you going to do with cats?

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 24, 2009, 08:40:49 am »

I'll drop the needle and pick up my medkit.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 24, 2009, 07:03:14 pm »

I'll drop the needle and pick up my medkit.
Uh, I imagine that you're just carrying the needle in your pocket, it's not taking up any hand space. And picking up or dropping items is a free action, so you could keep barrel rolling as well as reorganizing your stuff.

I wonder where Aussieguy and Shoruke could be? Perhaps they don't know that this is back up and running again? In any case, I'll give them until tomorrow to post some actions.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31