Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28

Author Topic: How to tell when someone is stupid...  (Read 36112 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: How to tell when someone is stupid...
« Reply #390 on: May 08, 2009, 07:12:07 pm »

My real stupid place is some areas of history.  Middle Ages, I'm okay with.  The only thing I think I can say I have a decent knowledge of is the Civil Rights Movement in the US.  I can never name any years other than 1066 (Battle of Hastings).
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 08, 2009, 07:23:40 pm »

Same.  I was never good at history, but I do really well in math and science for reasons unknown.

Jakkarra

« Reply #392 on: May 09, 2009, 05:51:21 am »

oddly, im crap at Maths, but apparantly amazing at science, and very good at both History and English.

very odd.....

love, jakkarra

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 09, 2009, 06:39:47 am »

Average to above-average in Maths, amazing in Science, very good in both History and English too. Average in P.E., terrible at Art/Music etc.

Jakkarra

« Reply #394 on: May 09, 2009, 06:54:18 am »

hooray for flaws!

i think i may have a mild form of calulexia, i think thats the spelling.....

love, jakkarra

Awayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Bork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 09, 2009, 07:17:58 am »

I'm terrible with math. Just gimme a handful of words though and I'll make the little bastards dance.
--There: Indicates location or state of being.
"The ale barrel is over there. There is a dwarf in it."
--Their: Indicates possession.
"Their beer has a dwarf in it. It must taste terrible.
--They're: A contraction of the words "they are".
"They're going to pull the dwarf out of the barrel."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 09, 2009, 07:38:08 am »

I know what you mean, writing is a bit of a passion of mine

Jakkarra

« Reply #397 on: May 09, 2009, 12:02:10 pm »

seems to me its only a matter of time before we all plan (as a group) books about DF.

we should really do this, create a series of Epic Tomes to commemorate toadyOne'spbuh brilliance in creating Dwarf Fortress.

we would not even require a publisher, as (in england at least) sets of machines have been placed in several venues, these machines actually Make books to order. they are outfitted with paper, card and glues to make books from scratch that can be purchased from a database on the machine, you can also upload your own books to these machines and get monies from them, i have been led to believe that you don't need to pay for this, as every book is made to order, so the company assiciated to the machine cannot lose money from including your work, only make money from royalties.

are these machines available in america yet? they appear to be being placed in several stores in Blighty fairly soon.

ill make another thread about this if anyone is interested in doing this, however, i cannot organise it (unless i state otherwise later).

blood monies for the blood god! toady!

interested in my idea?

love, jakkarra

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 09, 2009, 04:03:28 pm »

You could legitimately argue that Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes are biased because fans of a movie are more likely to go and rate it on the internet than people who thought it was a mediocre movie.

This is a strong statistic fact, that tests done with data that has been gathered on a volunteer basis are extraordinarily biased. A good method of review something would force it upon 100's of people that are unrelated via an unrelated method of convincing.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 09, 2009, 04:23:27 pm »

Actually, people will also go and give things horrible ratings when the rating site is voluntary if they thought it was bad, especially if they had been excited about it beforehand.  It balances out, really.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 10, 2009, 02:19:41 am »

oddly, im crap at Maths, but apparantly amazing at science, and very good at both History and English.

very odd.....

love, jakkarra

What's odd about it? I'm good at all, though, lol. Suck horribly at music/art.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 10, 2009, 02:31:39 am »

I play the cello and I am rather good. I love music

Jakkarra

« Reply #402 on: May 10, 2009, 05:10:25 am »

accordion here, hehe...

love, jakkarra

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 10, 2009, 05:13:22 am »

I demand that an accordian/cello musical band consisting of Jakkarra and Jackrabbit be formed!

I'd listen to it.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 10, 2009, 05:48:03 am »

Actually, people will also go and give things horrible ratings when the rating site is voluntary if they thought it was bad, especially if they had been excited about it beforehand.  It balances out, really.

It is exceedingly difficult to balance something using opposing forces alone. I would have guessed that people who oppose something would be more vocal than those that liked it, but I really wouldn't know...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28