Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Most. Pathetic. Mood. Ever.  (Read 5560 times)

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Most. Pathetic. Mood. Ever.
« on: April 05, 2009, 03:20:22 am »

So, in the aftermath of a goblin siege where my defensive doctrine... really, really broke, I had a big stack of wounded.

While the rest of the dwarves worked very hard to clean up the mess and to finish the magma cistern so that further invasions could be righteously countered using fire, as is proper and dwarven, one of my several wounded mechanics (bastards kept trying to reload stone traps and took a bunch of arrows-luckily arrows in my game are modded to do blunt damage) was struck by a fey mood.

He got out of bed and proceeded to move at about a rate of one tile per minute, until he stepped on a stonefall trap six paces outside his bedroom, triggered it because of his wounds, and keeled over dead.

I was just sitting here laughing at what was the most pathetic fey mood I'd ever seen.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
Re: Most. Pathetic. Mood. Ever.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 03:39:13 am »

This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 03:43:31 am »

...Sigged,

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 11:13:47 am »

its also kinda pathetic when they are running for materials and go berserk when theyre 10 tiles from the workshop.
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

Stromko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 03:49:32 pm »

its also kinda pathetic when they are running for materials and go berserk when theyre 10 tiles from the workshop.

Also deadly if they're already a legendary from other tasks.
Legendary miner in a strange mood going berserk 10 tiles from the workshop, good excuse for designing a fort with airlocks every five spaces in every corridor.

GenericOverusedName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 07:55:52 pm »

Oh, whats that Soap Maker #18271? You're missing an eye and you've claimed a Craftdwarf's Shop? And you want glass objects? Okay, let me make it on the other side of the fort. Go get it! Wait, you keep passing out every 3 steps. Oh well, he just went insane.