Change it to a Jester with the loss of the Next Day phase
- 4 (16%)
Remove it entirely
- 9 (36%)
Other (explain)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 117

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Game - Rules Discussion  (Read 135152 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Game - Rules Discussion
« Reply #150 on: June 03, 2009, 12:47:58 pm »

What about the Warlock and PWV? Technically, they don't do anything either that is an active action.

Hmmm...

Technically, the Warlock sets up his wards ahead of time, so I guess you can't stop him.

Paranoid War Vet is still actively working to defend himself, though, so I'd rule that he can be stopped.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2009, 12:53:00 am »

New Alien idea: The Alien Scientist

Goal is to analyze as many players as possible. Once he has analyzed all living players, he wins. If he dies or the game ends and he has not analyzed all living players, he loses.

He analyzes a player by drawing them up into his ship and running tests on them. This prevents that person from performing any night actions and from being targeted by any night actions that night.

He also gets one piece of alien tech, since this is a rather difficult goal.

Thoughts?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2009, 12:56:27 am »

I like it.

References to anal probing should probably be avoided, though. Just being preemptive.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 05, 2009, 12:59:02 am »

So he's some deranged mixture of a roleblocker, protector, and detective?

If he wins once he has "analyzed all living players" does he just disappear from the game at that point, ala agent hunter?

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 05, 2009, 01:00:54 am »

If he wins once he has "analyzed all living players" does he just disappear from the game at that point, ala agent hunter?

Heh heh heh

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 05, 2009, 01:03:02 am »

So he's some deranged mixture of a roleblocker, protector, and detective?

Correct. And, yeah, he is kind of a mixed role. I debated giving him Agent level info on the players he abducts, but that might be too unbalancing. As it is, being able to role-block someone and prevent anyone else from even investigating them is pretty powerful. It'd be overpowered, I think, except that he's neutral.
Come play Mafia with us!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 05, 2009, 01:06:02 am »

Would he run the risk of triggering defensive roles like the PWV or the mad scientist w/ turrets?

What sort of message would a person targetting a person being analyzed get?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 05, 2009, 01:09:06 am »

Would he run the risk of triggering defensive roles like the PWV or the mad scientist w/ turrets?

What sort of message would a person targetting a person being analyzed get?

Hmm...no, I think he'd have to be safe from those to make it a viable role. Which is ok, since he uses his ship anyway and there's not much a gun is going to do against that.

Probably something along the lines of 'You wake up in the morning with a pounding headache. You have a vague recollection of bright lights and strange, alien eyes staring at you.'
Come play Mafia with us!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 05, 2009, 01:19:02 am »

No, I meant, what would a person attacking/inspecting/telepathing a person that's getting probed get?

Would it be something like "Hungry for blood, you sneak into Chaoticjosh's house. You prowl around but find nobody. You wait for several hours, but he never comes back. You go back before the sun rises."?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 05, 2009, 08:22:15 am »

Dislike the idea. He would have to analyze a lot of players and avoid death/lynching, or he analyze a few dopps and avoid death/lynching.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 05, 2009, 08:48:16 am »

It could work... especially if he gets two item slots. Because, hey, he wants to a)Kill as many people as possible and then b)scan the survivors, right? It would be like a more likely to win exterminator.
Long Live United Forenia!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 05, 2009, 09:50:02 am »

No, I meant, what would a person attacking/inspecting/telepathing a person that's getting probed get?

Would it be something like "Hungry for blood, you sneak into Chaoticjosh's house. You prowl around but find nobody. You wait for several hours, but he never comes back. You go back before the sun rises."?

Oh, yes, something along those lines.
Come play Mafia with us!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 12, 2009, 08:07:32 pm »

Here's a possible thing I could see the Doppelgangers pulling off. Fakeclaim as Ghost, and claim that the Ghost doesn't want to die because he wants to keep his ability to vote. (Of course the Doppelgangers aren't going to kill some stupid Ghost. He'll just come to life. They'd be better off killing other people.)

Plan falls apart if the Town wishes to confirm the Ghost by murdering him. The Ghost must argue that lynching him will allow for the Doppelgangers to trimpuh.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 12, 2009, 08:08:57 pm »

The Ghost will be changed next round. Also, it wouldn't work because wanting a vote instead of being proven and invincible would be retarded.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 12, 2009, 08:13:02 pm »

Yeah Ghost is OP.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 117